New to Keto

Options
cayladebra
cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
Hello,

My name is Cayla. I am 27 years with 2 kids. Back in May 2019, I switched from working full time to staying home full time with the kids, and gained 25lbs. I am a boredom eater, who went from 10k steps 5 days out of the week to a mainly sedentary lifestyle.

5 days ago I started easing into the keto diet. I cut out my beverage of choice, Pepsi, cold turkey and started tracking my intake on MyFitnessPal. I have had success in the past with MFP with just tracking calories. I admit I became obsessed, and then per usual got lazy and stopped during holidays.

Currently I have a full sensation, but out of habit and cravings want to still keep eating. Is this normal? My diary is public and would love any feedback!

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    cayladebra wrote: »
    Currently I have a full sensation, but out of habit and cravings want to still keep eating. Is this normal? My diary is public and would love any feedback!

Totally normal.

One thing I did as I was working toward being fat adapted was I did not restrict my calories at first. I just worked on eating low carb. This helped me to adjust slowly. I didn’t have to fight carb cravings AND hunger simultaneously.

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I also started by just restricting carbs. Once I was good with that, I started watching calories too. Since this strategy worked for me, I am going to recommend it.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Many people say after going keto, they aren't hungry. I guess I'm not really that hungry either but I still have the desire to snack between meals. I try to replace with having a diet soda or cup of tea. Mostly it's just boredom as you say and wanting to "take a break". I reccomend Dr Cywes on youtube if you think you have food addiction issues. He's been a big help to me.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I still had cravings for several weeks, it took a while for the sugar to get out of my system. I also find that now if I eat too many sugar alcohols I'll get cravings for the old stuff. I usually can do okay if I make sure I'm getting enough fats though. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want to see my diary.