Calorie Counting A breeze for me!!

Options
I was not liking the idea of calorie counting one bit, a royal pain. BUT then I remembered an outfit called MOM'S Meals that provide meals for Kaiser patients and charge no shipping. I ordered them for my nephew who was a liver donor patient and had to remain in a Colorado hotel for 2 weeks, to make sure he was healing properly. His mom was worried about him getting proper nutrition to help him heal properly. He only had access to a microwave and really couldn't get out as he had no vehicle while he was in Colorado. I remembered when the Kaiser home nurse told me about Mom's Meals when I broke mu humurus. So I gifted him 2 weeks of 3 meals a day. He said there were tasty,satisfying, fresh and cooked in the micro wave.

So when I started the Healthy Weight Kaiser Class I decided to try them for me, as most are around 650 calories, come with say a drink or gelaton or some other snack whose calories are accounted for. THEY ARE AMAZING!! I bought 21 meals ( for 7 days) and am very happy. I think, however, that I will do 4days of meals (12) just because 12 will fit better in my fridge than 21. They don't go in the freezer, although you probably could. My freezer doesn
t have room either.

As I mentioned for Kaiser members there is no shipping charge. They may have the same deal with other health providers, you'd have to call and ask, Oh and each meal is $6.99 and they really are good. This app has then listed, but the calorie count is not accurate. You need to use the calories on the Mom's Meals website as each meal has more than just the entree. i.e. a dessert, or a roll, or gelatine, or a drink or both. This site only lists the entree. I'm still feeling my way around and there may be other things on here I haven't figured out. I love this app. Makes it easy peasy.

Replies

• dancerinadeux
    dancerinadeux Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's great you found something that works for you! I have not found calorie counting to be that much of a pain. I use the LoseIt app (I don't like their community section, so I use MFP for online support) and it auto-fills and remembers almost everything you eat. I have a rotation of things I eat fairly regularly, so it really takes about 1 minute after each meal to log. I really like the app, I use it on my phone and it definitely helps keep me honest.

Before counting calories, I had literally NO IDEA how much food I was eating. It's no wonder I kept putting on weight every year. I was probably at least 500+ calories more than I should have been, most days.

I have found too that counting calories is helping my body to re-learn what I actually need to feel satisfied. It's not as much as I thought previously. I am re-learning how to eat and I love starting to be in control of food -- for the first time ever. It's a big deal for me.