Friday weigh-in + chat

Options
dancerinadeux
dancerinadeux Posts: 19 Member
Good morning, ladies!

Today's weigh-in was a bit disappointing for me. I was pretty good most of the week and really hoped I would drop 1 pound to 196. The goods news is, though, I didn't gain! I'm hovering around 197-198 these days. The lowest I've been (this was last November) was 194. I can't tell you good that felt (and looked!) So... I keep remembering that and it helps me stay disciplined.

My Zumba workouts are not intense enough and I'm not sure how to find something better. I used to dance a lot, so I really like dance fitness for my cardio. I do Pilates and weights (light) at home. Last night I did 3 sets of jumping jacks and squats after class to try to increase my calorie burn. I might try adding some running laps at the gym as well.

How are you all doing? Anyone planning to weigh-in today? Someone I know told me about 'NSVs' (non-scale victories) and I just love that. We can be making progress even if the scale isn't moving as fast as we'd like. My NSV this week was discovering that if I prep lettuce, it makes lunchtime so much easier. I'm going to start prepping more healthy food so that I have few temptations.

My other NSV is that even though I'm not dropping as fast as I'd like, my clothes are already fitting looser and I do look trimmer in the mirror. I loved how loose they were getting at 194. Can't wait to get back there... and beyond :)

Replies

• srw32
    srw32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    I’m feeling a little discouraged today as well bc I didn’t lose any weight this week. I’m still at 189-190. I’m going to start weight training today and see if that’s going to help any. I do love hearing NSV stories. I guess mine would be I do feel like i have more energy since I started walking more and I’m getting used to calorie counting. I was hoping to see some loss on the scale this bc I have cut back on my calories and have been more active but maybe next week I have more luck! I am just getting started so I just have to keep reminding myself to be patient and I will see results. I hope everyone has a good week😀
  • dancerinadeux
    Options
    Having more energy is a HUGE NSV, srw32! I have noticed how much more agile and yes, more energetic I am since I've start losing. It makes perfect sense. Your heart and other organs don't have to work as hard. Imagine the relief 'they' must be feeling, right?

You will get results, it's only a matter of time. Calories in, calories out - it works and the needle will start to move. Hang in there!
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, happy Friday! I did not weigh in today. Completely forgot. I will do so tomorrow morning. It’s been a few weeks since I weighed myself as I was taking a break from it so it will be interesting to see if I gained or lost since then.

I have been struggling to log my food consistently but I have been diligently doing so these last few days so that is a NSV for me! Logging helps with the binging and overeating.
  • dancerinadeux
    Options
    Hey nwoutdoorgrl! I'm hoping this group can help motivate everyone (as well as myself!) to honor our commitments to ourselves.

I think part of the struggle with weight loss is dealing with that commitment. Sometimes 'failing' can set off a lot of negative feelings and self-talk that just triggers more difficulty with food, like soothing yourself with food when you're actually upset with yourself for not making your goals or honoring the commitment you made to better health.

So yeah, celebrate those NSVs because this is hard enough as it is, right? That is fantastic that you've been logging! I hope the consistency is helping you. I definitely find logging to be really helpful. Knowing the cost of what I put in my mouth is a really effective tool.

FWIW, I give myself a break on Saturday. I don't log, I don't count. I allow myself pasta/rice/other carb at dinner and a dessert. I sometimes slide on that and get a little indulgent at lunch, but I try to be careful and not go totally overboard. It took a while, but after several months of doing this, I got really good at holding off on until Saturday to have my treats. Once I did that, man, the weight really started coming off consistently every week.

Glad you found some time to share how you're doing. Happy Friday to you as well and don't worry about the weigh-in. Do it any time, I will be here to celebrate it with you, whatever it is.

There are no failures, just different places we are at on this journey to reach our goals :) And we will get there!!
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    Options
    “Honoring the commitment you made to better health.” I never thought of it in this way. So good. Yes, I’m trying to lose weight but I never thought to think of this commitment each time I have a decision to make when it comes to exercise or a food choice.

You said so many good things. “There are no failures.” Just opportunities for growth. It’s all a part of the journey.

I weighed myself this morning. The last time I did was March 4th and I was 140.8. Today I am 141. I was actually expecting a loss but at least it was only a 0.2 lb gain. Just for reference, I’m 4’11” AND 3/4”. 😄 I just say I’m 5’0”. Close enough.
  • dancerinadeux
    Options
    That is actually EXCELLENT news, congrats! You have maintained without really having your tools in place. It will only get better and more successful from here as you figure out what works for you.

I'm glad some of my comments helped. Trying not to be preachy but share what has worked for me.

I will tell you this: I truly believe mindset is the main factor in weight loss. You have to make that decision and then commit, just like any relationship. Except this is relationship with yourself, a really important one, with very important promises to cherish and keep.

Have a beautiful day!
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I haven't been logging my food nor eating healthy due to the stress and anxiety of all that's going on but I did start logging again today.