Did you swim today?

Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Today: 1.5 miles @ 77 minutes
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Been swimming, just haven't checked in here. Changed the workout only to finish with breaststroke instead of butterfly. Swimming fly earlier in the session when I have more energy. Swimming slow to iron out technique. Many feel-good laps!

Learning to play tennis with my left hand after a minor right hand accident.

Cheers!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Back to swimming a bit more now my shoulder is behaving slightly better.
    3km Saturday
    2km Monday
    2km Tuesday
    2.5km today

Plan is to keep around that each day this week, then see about getting longer swims next week
    And keep stretching and mobilising my shoulder!
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1 mile @ 55 minutes
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1 mile @ 52 minutes
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    1600 yards. Carpool ready to go. I'll get my mile Friday.
  • Bruceapple
    Today: 1 mile @ 52 minutes
  • Bruceapple
    My gym and pool is closed :/
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    My pool closed yesterday.

Spring conditions have dried the tennis courts, so I'm learning to play left handed. With so many great YouTube channels, I'm having so much fun!

I hit balls with the city park groundskeeper for three hours. I missed a lot of balls, but had a blast!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Like so many others our pool also closed in mid March, so thats ends the Adult Swim club. I was registered for a Bronze medallion Life saver course and that is all cancelled. Some of the small community pools that are only open in the summer probably won't open this year since they can't get the Life guards re-certified now.

Still have over a foot of snow in the forest trails so no running, limited walking due to spring melt creating huge sheets of ice = danger.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2020
    pvnn91vnm0cl.jpg
    YES! 5000 yards, and it killed me and I'm so happy!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Well, they did it. The city pulled the plug on pools for summer :( Oh man, I am so bummed. I'm trying to do other stuff, but my one knee that gives me trouble is talking to me. The trails were closed, so that ended our trail runs (I don't run this knee on concrete or asphalt). So it's been long walks, bodyweight stuff, yoga and PT. But nothing, NOTHING, gives me the workout that the pool does. Maybe in fall?
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Who is back in the pool?? Ours opened last Thursday so I am trying to go daily this week to get back into it!
  • ElBence
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    Who is back in the pool?? Ours opened last Thursday so I am trying to go daily this week to get back into it!

My pool opened last Wednesday, and I'm up to 35,000 yards AQ (after quarantine). The first day felt like I was swimming through maple syrup. Each day after has been easier.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    ElBence wrote: »
    emmab0902 wrote: »

My pool opened last Wednesday, and I'm up to 35,000 yards AQ (after quarantine). The first day felt like I was swimming through maple syrup. Each day after has been easier.

Haha know the feeling. I started back on Thursday and have clocked up 35,400m so far.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    What is the protocol at your pools? Mine is at a community center, so the locker room would be impossible for social distancing (swim team, kids' lessons, lap swimmers, fitness classes). I have no idea what they're planning for September, or if they're just putting us off until then.
  • ElBence
    What is the protocol at your pools? Mine is at a community center, so the locker room would be impossible for social distancing (swim team, kids' lessons, lap swimmers, fitness classes). I have no idea what they're planning for September, or if they're just putting us off until then.

The rules: Showers are open for swimmers only. The lockers are blocked off. One swimmer per lane. No team or masters swimming. No socializing on the deck. Limit your workout to one hour if there are people waiting to get in. Lifeguards are to wear masks. Maintain a social distancing standard of six feet apart.

How it usually plays out: people who are using the weight room/cardio area usually use the showers (I live close, so I shower at home before I go, and again after I come home, but not at the pool). At least in the men's locker room, people aren't trying to use the lockers. People usually stick to one swimmer per lane, though I have seen three people in one lane from a masters program from a town that's about 30 minutes away. I suppose their pool hasn't opened yet. The youth swim team has been showing up, but I'm usually out before they're in and they swim one per lane. It seems as though I'm the only one not socializing on the deck. There are enough lanes to accommodate the demand for swimmers so that I don't have to limit my workout to an hour. Some of the lifeguards wear masks all the time, some for some of the time, and some don't. People crowd my stuff on the deck, but usually don't come in close contact with me.

I see my masters coach on most days. She's an old friend because we lifeguarded at the pool in our younger days. She told me today that we would be starting up masters next week with some modified rules. I haven't decided yet on whether I'll participate or keep doing my current set, which is:

500 warmup
    300 pull
    300 kick
    400 IM ladder (one lap each in IM order then one lap each in reverse IM order)

300 Back
    300 Back pull
    300 Back kick
    400 IM ladder

300 Breaststroke
    300 Breaststroke pull
    300 Breaststroke kick
    400 IM ladder

300 Free
    300 Pull
    300 Kick
    400 IM ladder