Anyone still use this group?

Options
Hi to those who are still around! I just found this group (of course - years later!) and was hoping that other people still used it!

I've been on a rollercoaster with my weight for as long as I can remember. My last weight loss journey was in 2012 where I successfully lost 40 lbs and felt so comfortable in my skin.

My family and I recently moved to a different state for a new start in life and I joined the gym in December where I have been training with a personal trainer who pushes me to be my best self. With her help, I have lost 9 lbs so far. I still have about 20 left to go and would LOVE some support if anyone could help me out in that department!

Just send me a request if you're active and see this :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Replies

• linzbecky123
    linzbecky123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request! I've been on and off MFP for several years but recently joined a gym and am feeling very motivated to get healthier.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, not in a gym, but I'm here every day!!!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    About to send you a friends request!
  • cyan87
    cyan87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    New to this forum. Want to add you as friend.
  • KayEmDeeDee
    KayEmDeeDee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Welcome to the party!
  • Timlah
    Timlah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and looking for friends for accountability (and just to chat) :smile: Nice to meet you all o/
  • Lukeybookey
    Lukeybookey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just thought this same thing XD. Glad to see others showing up, I'm new here as well
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I only come to this forum about twice a month, but I do try to check in. Hi and welcome!
  • justwants2travel
    justwants2travel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this forum. Looking for like-minded individuals for some encouragement and mutual support. I don't know why my pic is sideways. I uploaded it correctly but... I'm in California and of course, stuck at home like the rest of us, most likely. I gained a lot of weight caring for my Mom for 7 years. Read, no life. I'm trying to get back to a place where I'm happy with myself again. Glad to have found this group and I'll be very happy if it's active.
  • happematt
    happematt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Miss Sideways. California here as well. I haven't been on here in a while and well, i probably should have been. Haha...and when i say "probably" i mean "definitely". Just wanted to chime in and say hello. It's nice to see people take the first step. Matt
  • justwants2travel
    justwants2travel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt, I like it, Miss Sideways. Maybe we can breathe some life into this again. I know I need the comradeship. I'm finding it really hard to get moving. I work from home and therefore sit in front of my computer all day. I find myself continuing to sit except for doing chores.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I'm in VA - other side of the country here!!!

I also am currently working from home, and spending way too much time sitting...though it's spring and I have been able to get out and garden when it's not raining...also, have been doing Body Beast on my lunch hour, started phase 2 today...so hard...but I do my best.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe in these times. Not easy to eat right and work out when everything is closed down.
  • cmkeller88
    cmkeller88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also just found this group! I'm definitely struggling with staying motivated even though after my pulmonary embolism 2.5 years ago, I said enough was enough. I'm back to my heaviest weight ever, including pregnancies. Just trying to keep the kids active and studying while not losing my mind cleaning.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    It's definitely a never ending challenge with the stay at home and the need for a whole new routine and getting that ironed out. For a while I was doing good about setting a time, and walking around the house 5 min out of every hour - that definitely helped break up the monotony and boost the mood, particularly on the rainy days...sunny days I would walk on the deck outside and that was really nice.

Haven't been doing that this last couple weeks, and I really need to get back to it. I need the break mentally more than physically, I have been so stressed out, and this would help...plus it's PMS week which is always a bit of a challenge in the "stressed for no reason" category.

Still doing beast weight program, which is good. I haven't been keeping up with stretching or cardio, I really need to focus on those and push for them. I feel better on the days I cardio right after work...if I don't do anything immediately after logging out of work, then I won't do anything the whole evening...except eat...

Appetite has been a bit insane, but I have been tracking and being honest with myself, so that's something and that way better than nothing.

Would love to hear everyone else's tips for fitting in more activity or fitting in some time to unwind...I used to have an hour commute, and while I really don't miss driving, that did give me a whole hour to decompress from work before getting home and dealing with home stress and family demands...now, I don't have that...I don't want to carry work stress into my home life either, that's not a good idea.
  • sarahn2008
    sarahn2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm not new to mfp but I have kinda been aloof about it. I am looking to find some friends who can help me on this journey 😀
  • NeverGivingUpHope
    NeverGivingUpHope Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'd be more than happy to be friends. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey and feel pretty motivated. Please feel free to add me. 😊
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sarahn2008 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm not new to mfp but I have kinda been aloof about it. I am looking to find some friends who can help me on this journey 😀

Hey! Glad to meet u.Add me
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'd be more than happy to be friends. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey and feel pretty motivated. Please feel free to add me. 😊

Hi I'm pretty consistent here I guess, except with diary lol...add me