Embarrassing lack of activity!

Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
I have a self-winding watch (that winds itself when you move your arm).

For the past two days it has stopped! I guess being at home has curtailed my activity enough I can't even keep my watch wound! Crazy.

(I should note that I don't wear my watch when I do formal exercise).

Anybody else have any silly stories about lack of activity right now?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,990 Member
    Options
    Walking around this SMALL house to break 5000 steps.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    The butt-shaped dent in our sofa seems to be more pronounced. 😊
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,902 Member
    Options
    Having a 4 year old in the house tends to add a lot more steps into my day, averaging about 12k per day over the last 5 days!
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm living in a house with three other adults. It's not a small house until nobody can leave it. Our threshold for 'acceptable' walking temperature has decreased dramatically. And our time spent walking has increased dramatically.

Sadly, we had to put down our pup (seen in my profile pic) in February at age 13. We had decided it was time for a pet-hiatus, a decision driven by plans for more time spent traveling, etc. So, people plan and God laughs. The new dog (a two year old rescue) is joining us on Saturday after her spaying. That will provide for even more opportunities for walking.

Bicycle season starting soon, but I'm a bit leery to go alone (another long and unrelated story) right now.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
    Options
    @countcurt I am so sorry to hear about your (profile pic) dog. I've always imagined that your comments as coming from that dog!

Enjoy the new dog, and the associated walking, etc.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    @countcurt - So sorry to hear that your previous pup had to be put down, but so glad that you are opening up your heart and home and rescuing a dog! Enjoy the extra pup walking!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,968 Member
    Options
    Well not so embarrassing here and not really even silly but do excuses count?

I'm recovering with complications from TAVR procedure for heart valve replacement surgery surgery post 21 days. DW is nursing 2 of 3 active wounds from the surgery that are still nleeding. Pacemaker on 1/22 and valve replacement 3/3/20 both went fine.. Feeling a little better each day and dealing with wound care. I cant wait to be able to get out and try out my new pacemaker and heart valve. Hopefully not to many weeks left sitting on my behind. I did vacuum today.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    @countcurt I am so sorry to hear about your (profile pic) dog. I've always imagined that your comments as coming from that dog!

Enjoy the new dog, and the associated walking, etc.

I'm certain the comments would have been a lot smarter if they had been coming from that dog!