March 26 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Coping as well as can be here in uk, social distancing, allowed out for exercise once a day, supermarkets very strict, am helping a few vulnerable people this week and next, gloves, sanitizer the new normal, get paranoid about everything, we can do this!
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 30 min leslie sansone, 50 min walk
    Tracking yes calories yes
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    March 26

Exercise: Yes, 70 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

I am gratefull that we are in good health and hopefull everthing will be allright.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Exercise, Calories, Tracked > Yes

I am no longer able to visit my 98 year old mother even though she lives a mile away because her facility is on total lockdown as absolutely no visitors are allowed. She would tell me how at her age she wakes up and feels grateful for being alive each day. I find myself now doing the same thing. Waking up in the morning and being truly grateful for being healthy and alive. This is something I never anticipated at this place in my life. And I am grateful that she and so many others remain safe and healthy. Especially my sons who have been thrown into the thick of this as health care providers.
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oooops. Forgot to post yesterday.
    1/26/2020
    Did I stay within my calorie budget? YES
    Did I track every thing? YES
    Did I exercise for at least 20 min? NO I got put on bed rest! Still have a low grade temp. Argh.
    1 pass used. 2 left
    Have a successful day tomorrow all!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    epangili wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    epangili wrote: »

P.S. I accidentally posted this in yesterday's date. Losing track of which day is which with the waiting, lengthy time indoors with no hard deadlines.

:D

At least the daily-change-subthread format of UAC can help with that! .... maybe star only two or three days in a row, and every day remove the star from the earliest after you post? ;)

Yes agree! Good idea but I like reading the tardy people too...

in which case ..... use stars to jump you to the current days, then click on the Main UAC banner (at the top of each daily thread) and then on "show all discussions" to see if any new entries on UNstarred subthreads.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,533 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well I am glad I am in good company with others who are forgetting to post must be not going to the office
    I did arm exercises played music and did some housework while working stayed under and logged
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    craigo3154 wrote: »

Had a phone appointment with psychologist today (have had weekly appointments for the last 5 weeks, this is first one by phone). In short I am in what would officially classed as a major depressive episode. I also have 3 other underlying layered long running conditions that complicate things. In recent times it has been amazing that I get anything done at all. Next week commence treatment/therapy.

Can I just point out how amazing it is that you're exercising, tracking, and staying within calories when going through a depressive episode? It's amazing you're holding it together so well especially with all that's going on! I had my first phone appointment with my psychologist on Zoom yesterday, it was pretty weird but cool to talk to her. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. I had a real hard time in December and just getting out of bed was a win. A lot of structure, routine, and keeping busy has been helping but I'm also single and it's easier to do, I'm sure you're putting on a brave face most of the time. Hang in there!
    @Katmary71. Thank you.

I wish you all the best with resolving whatever you are seeing your psychologist for.

Psychologist are a great help, and in the current climate I can see a growing need for them.

The following goes into my history and gets a little acronym heavy. It helps me to write it and not concerned if unread.
    In my case, some of the other underlying conditions over compensate for the depression and force me into action (even when I shouldn't). It turns out I have been high performing while mildly depressed for decades (PDD). However the MDD is likely to be treated first, then the BPD.

The conditions I have are:
    • MDD (major depressive disorder)
    • BPD (borderline personality disorder)
    • PDD (persistent depressive disorder)
    • ASD (autism spectrum disorder - high functioning end of spectrum)

The aspects of BPD I have are the most destructive, but also the most driving. My anger gets turned primarily inward and spurs action (and self hatred and self harm urges). BPD has strong genetic tendencies and is often initially surfaced by trauma. Due to a supportive family upbringing, I did not go off the deep end. However, school bullying was a deep enough trauma to bring it out. In fact, by the time my "now wife" met me, I was actually anorexic and borderline suicidal. Without knowing it, she actually saved my life. ASD is more sensitive to trauma as even normal events can overwhelm.

I have structured my life around the ASD and work with the strengths and avoid the weaknesses. Consequently, no need to work on the ASD, but it will likely modify the treatments required to MDD, BPD and PDD.

BPD is why I can function through MDD. I essentially force myself into action through self directed anger. The ASD need for understanding, order and routine channels the action into perfectionistic and OCD tendencies.

In fact, in my current situation the BPD is driving me to anorexic behaviours and I feel almost powerless to stop.

I clawed my own way out of a major depressive episode in my 20's, but the underlying issues were never discovered because the depression was concurrent with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome). Medication at the time did give me some breathing room, but I never had any therapy.

In short I am a finely balanced psychological mess. Getting out of the corner I have unknowingly painted myself into will be a longer term challenge.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    March 26

Exercise: Yes, 30 min bike ride
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ypvnlx1zevs1.jpeg
    Over the last two days, I drove 1,673 miles. Few of us are used to constantly being on guard against exposure to each other’s behavior that may be transmitting a disease. ..... Now I have reached our 2 bedroom condo in the desert. Rose and I will prepare all meals here.

How are you coping?

This is a VERY important question, with a wide spectrum of geographic / personality-type / job-sector / personal medical-history factors combining to influence "what coping looks like for me" in different ways for each of us.

Our UAC-family diversity is our strength. We get to read other people's methods and cherry-pick / refine factors from all over to incorporate "hmmmm - never thought of THAT" ideas into our individual circumstances.

I WILL be getting around to posting some of my own coping strategies very soon, but am currently "working full days" and am still behind the curve on the March 26 usual give-some-details regular-report entry.

Short version of report - it was a 3 x Yes day.

• windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    March 25 and 26
    Yes x 3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options

Exercise: 88 mins, walking, strength

2️⃣ pass days left

Hanging in there!
    For his 23rd birthday next week, Grandson has asked us to answer a series of questions about our life experiences. I’m so touched that he considers this to be a ‘neat’ idea. I said yes, of course, and asked him to send through the questions. There are 56 of them. His birthday is on 31st 😂 Fortunately, he says that it doesn’t have to be finished by then.
    Reasons for gratitude
    • the optimism of the young
    • I have the time to at least get started on this project.
    • I have been working for some time on writing my memoir.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,556 Member
    Options
    Oops, I posted in the wrong date last night! Yes to all three, I'll put today in yesterday's thread.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    How am I coping ....

My main personal strategies are :
    • Being aligned with current reality and acting accordingly
    • Reframing how I choose to characterize "events and/or situations" (what is outside my control) and therefore how I will choose to react / respond (which is IN my control)
    • Applying an "ever-since-I-can-remember" approach of "make a game out of what you have to do anyway"
    • DH & I have always made a point of being "the eccentric old codgers on the block" with tongues firmly in cheeks.

What does that look like in action?

[*] Being aligned with current reality and acting accordingly I acknowledge and respect the situation, but (broadly speaking) put it in the same general category as "behaving wisely during high-humidex / smog-alert times", or "major winter-time wind-chill or blizzard conditions". I just do what the current reality requires. Social distancing / working-from-home / changes in shopping habits et al. I don't obsess or grant the current situation any more "emotional control over me" than any other "season-long weather condition".
    [*] Reframing how I choose to characterize "events and/or situations" (what is outside my control) and therefore how I will choose to react / respond (which is IN my control) If I had been finding work-from-home more of an issue than I do, and missing the "casual social contact in the kitchenette or around the office water-cooler" , I would have continued to label it "Practicing for my retirement-sized social circle " and "Acclimatizing DH to when I will be around the house more". I will be retiring in four years regardless.
    [*] Applying an "ever-since-I-can-remember" approach of "make a game out of what you have to do anyway" Ever since I joined MFP in the first place (2012) I have rebranded "daily pre-logging" as "playing Go For The Green" ... fiddling with food choices and/or serving sizes to get as close to (but not over) the current calorie target pre-exercise. If over, how much extra exercise time will cover the difference so that I am "In The Green" when I close the day's log?
    [*] DH & I have always made a point of being "the eccentric old codgers on the block" with tongues firmly in cheeks. We regularly kit-out our by-the-door emus to match various holidays etc. It gives both kiddies and adults a lift to watch out for what we might do next. Early in the month, I posted them in their Leprechaun Hats. A week and a half or so from now, it will be construction-paper "bunny-ear dilly-boppers all 'round"
    [/list]
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Mar 26
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    💚

Grateful for too many things to list.
    1st in the list: self-quarantined very early.
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, no