13»

Replies

• windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 28
    Yes x 3
    Thanks to all for the motivation to still be here. I still have a pass day left so will be in the circle.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, but I have to count my gardening (4 hours) as exercise, did not get a walk in, and the gym is closed.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Gardening works! ANY kind of "intentional activity" .... including dancing to tunes on your favourite radio station if that is someone's house-bound cardio-of-choice.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    epangili wrote: »
    No, I don't expect this newbie to be in the winner's circle this month because I exceeded the 3 passes by 2 more. I consider March this newbie's training month. Hopefully, I'll make it to the winner's circle for my birthday month of April

It's very common for a newbie to need a month (or two) to settle in to what is truly a life-style reset mode. And not all the regulars always make it EVERY month.

Life Happens. UAC is reset-month-by-month, but truly meant for the Long Haul.

• BMcC9
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I am putting a "How DO you manage to grow your garden?!?" query in the What's On Your Mind thread, because we want to grow a bit of a vegetable patch this year, but every time that we try all we manage is "buffet for local suburban small furry creatures" and NEVER get to harvest anything for ourselves.

I will be needing additional guidance on this through April (and May, and June, and ... ) but am currently looking for "best way to protect seeds-to-sprouts" that can carry over to "protect sprouts as they grow and produce" so that DH and I can make a list of what to get at the local "DIY Lawn&Garden Department" nearest us.

I'm not sure what creatures you have, I have problems with them too as I'm by a greenbelt with no fence. Last year the fruit tree had unripe fruit so I waited a few weeks, went out with a bowl to pick them, and there wasn't a single one left by the squirrels! Having stuff in containers helps as far as getting things off the ground, I made self-watering containers out of storage bins that you can google called Earth Tainers. I have a bunch of oak trees around and they grew over my yard so there's only a little space left, I still grow some tomatoes, strawberries, then radishes here and there. On my deck I have an herb garden and plan to try out some vegetables on the deck this year as well in large pots such as peppers and cucumbers. I came across a lot of old seeds and planted and surprisingly I'm getting a decent amount. I start them indoors on a table with florescent bulbs and seedling heating pad. My stevia, heirloom cherry tomato, and more basils are up in the last couple days, yay!

I also have a "game trail" used by squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits (haven't seen raccoons or the thankfully-rare skunk so far this spring) scampering up the side of our house on the way to the "interconnecting EL-line" (all-joined fences that run across the back and down between the no-break-between 5-address carriage home strips. We are at the end, so we and the neighbours on that one side have a strip of lawn between us along the side, until we get to to the cross-fence that marks the starting line for the fence running between our back yards.

Container gardens would probably just be considered "food with a view". Last year, eye-level bold-as-brass squirrel was sitting several rungs up the trellis. and gave us that "Hey, what-CHU lookin' at? Can't a guy eat in peace??" look while chowing down on an infant zucchini.

For those who might not know, a "carriage-home" is a free-hold (not a condo/or rented townhome set-up) where the attached garage forms the common wall with the next-door structure. An "almost stand-alone"
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Julie - where in NC are you located? I'm in Newton (further west). Are you ready for the stay at home Monday? Heal fast

Exercise? Yes - did Gift of Yoga DVD
    Log? Yes
    Under calories? Yes, not by much, but still under. I don't add in my exercise calories. Then again, yoga doesn't burn a whole lot. Did spend most of the day outside starting to get our pool ready (also so I can exercise in the water. I really miss my water aerobics class), some steps there.

@exermom I am on the eastern side, in Wayne County. We made one grocery haul yesterday, so we are pretty much set for a couple of weeks before setting out again. We’ve been pretty socially distanced for two weeks, already, so this won’t be a major change for us. We are homebodies by nature so we are shining right now, lol! Now, my sister, who lives in Raleigh and works in Cary is home for the duration and that will be an adjustment for her. As I’m at the hospital, nothing, sadly, is changing for me unless I become symptomatic, which is not something I anticipate. 🤞🏻I will, however, be taking some well needed PTO when this is over and road tripping to Emerald Isle. 😍

Stay well and take good care of yourself. ❤️
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Worse than Spam, I bought this stuff called Sausage Hash. I thought I was buying Corn Beef Hash but I wasn't paying attention. ..... I think I only got two cans left. Don't know who I'd give it to. Maybe I'll put it on top of the mailbox pod. See if a neighbor will eat it.

If no takers after a day or two, maybe add it to a Food Bank bin if there is one in your grocery store?
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,560 Member
    Options
    I used 2 passes but am not using my third will do what is needed to get there under today logged and exercised
  • jodympin
    jodympin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2020Mar28
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?Y
    2020Mar29
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?Y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?Y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?Y
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    3/28
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    💚
    I’m In the Winners’ Circle!!
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    PASS
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    tnzlyb6syid6.jpg
    There are just a couple of days to go in the month of March. It's been a tumultuous month in ways that we have never imagined. I'm glad that you are still posting despite the burdens that you carry.
    It's time to ask you, do you expect to be in the Winner's Circle? If so, since the UAC is a self-reporting program, I need you to tell me/us. Do you expect to have 3 or fewer Pass Days this month?
    I'm running on 2 Pass Days right now.
    Rick

It's a miracle that I will be in the Winner's circle this month! But so far only 1 pass!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    March 28

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walking with over 20, 000 steps, very tired.

Kitchen closed: Yes!

1/3 pass day (Mar 8)