Question on food dairy

Options
Hi
I been doing Keto with a 16/8 eatting window for a while now but have seem to Plato was woundering should I be counting the carbs in the green veg.
I seem to go into ketosis but only to .7 then by the time I eat back to .3. Need help what’s going on.

Replies

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? How long have you been in the same eating plan? May be time to switch things up to make ur body think it's ok to let go of more weight. Lots of things to try. Decrease eating window, increase calories 1 day, increase carbs 1 day, egg fast few days, eat vegan few days, alternate day fasting, no eating window 1 day. Don't do all these, just pick one to get ur metabolism out of routine lol! Also, if ur close to ur goal u could be changing shape instead of losing weight. Try measuring for motivation
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Yes you should count carbs in everything, even green veg. Ketosis is achieved by keeping carbs (for most) under 50g total daily for long enough. If you aren't counting the veggies, which do indeed have carbs, then your carbs may be too high for your body to go into ketosis. You should track that for a bit. And make sure that your calories are low enough. You won't lose if you aren't in a calorie deficit. Every 15-20lb we have to check our stats and see what our calorie level should be. As we lose, our calorie requirements go down since we are supporting less body mass.
  • Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I been doing Keto with a 16/8 eatting window for a while now but have seem to Plato was woundering should I be counting the carbs in the green veg.
    I seem to go into ketosis but only to .7 then by the time I eat back to .3. Need help what’s going on.

Per Dr. Berg - No - you do not count leafy greens. When I did keto a while back I was having two HUGE salads and did not count the greens and lost a lot
  • Jacqgh777
    Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
    Options