Active April Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    4/4: No exercise today, those I did break sedentary on the step and did a lot of cleaning. I took my Fitbit off to clean a bathroom and forgot to put it back on so I'm not sure of real step count.

I need to get out for a walk today probably, but I didn't sleep well so I'm tired. We'll see how the day goes. Hubby is out trying a grocery run at 9am. We need milk and bread, but if we can't find anything else then we should be alright until next week.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in 4/3 and 4/4.

1. Did good and over steps for 4/3 but as it turns out general house work doesn't yield very many on 4/4.
    2. Good with calories burned both days.
    3. Right at goal for carbs both days and under calories both days.
    4. Wasn't able to hit goal of steps each hour,will see if I'm able to figure out how to incorporate a"walk break" per hour.

Hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend.

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.

4/3.4 check in:
    1~4 ✔ I did a major cleaning yesterday. Vacuumed, mopped and dusted all the rooms, Laundry, changed linens all the rooms. Looks and feels great! I did take advil afterwards cuz my back was achy.
    Today it's cloudy and about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. It's not motivating me to do any workouts... Maybe this afternoon. Maybe I just over did it yesterday. Need to do everything in moderation!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/5
    Made a grocery run early this morning. Was able to finally buy a few paper products in Walmart at 7:15am. Didn't hoard, just a package of paper towels and one of tp. Have to think ahead until June 10th state shut down. Was amazed at Walmart employees not wearing any PPE!
    Am able to keep at or under calories but a little lax on exercise, as I have been busy wiping everything down in the house. My cravings have subsided a bit.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    3 Apr, Friday:

18 minutes of yoga in the morning, and about an hour‘s walk in the afternoon.

I’m using a sticky mat for my yoga, but my hands and feet are sweating and slipping a bit. I have Vibram 10 toes ¿shoes? that I can use, if I want. I don’t know what to do about my hands. I’m not slipping that much.

During my walk I did stop and chat for a few minutes here and there with neighbors, in particular people like me who live by themselves. One went through the master gardener program at OSU; I will likely be having chats with her in the future. I was still moving, though, when I paused my walk to speak with people. This is also what I do while waiting for a flight or standing at a bus stop Coleman doing calf bounces and kickbacks. I feel like I just need to keep moving so my muscles don’t cool off. So I counted all of this time as exercise.

4 Apr, Saturday: A good bit of DOMS; took this as a day off.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    4/5
    Made a grocery run early this morning. Was able to finally buy a few paper products in Walmart at 7:15am. Didn't hoard, just a package of paper towels and one of tp. Have to think ahead until June 10th state shut down. Was amazed at Walmart employees not wearing any PPE!
    Am able to keep at or under calories but a little lax on exercise, as I have been busy wiping everything down in the house. My cravings have subsided a bit.

Cleaning counts as exercise! It can burn quite a few calories. Practical exercise that uses a lot of different muscles. ;)
  • aquariansmb
    aquariansmb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    4/5: Spent most of the day outside since the weather was nice. Did little odd and end things but my energy is near non-existent so that was the extent of my efforts. I did close my move ring but the overall total will be nothing like yesterday. I know it's part of the cycle when going back low carb so I tomorrow I am going to focus on my electrolytes and push on. Hope everyone's Sunday has been pleasant and healthy.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/5 update:
    Like many of you I did some crazy cleaning over the last two days. Still have plenty of things I can do so next weekend should be busy as well. Having mad cravings for sweets but overcame them yesterday and today, kept calories under control and closed my rings. Hopefully I can make this a trend and drop some lbs along the way.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    4/5

Beast Build Shoulders done

Food was within goal

Spent the bulk of the day playing D&D over discord...a bit frustrating with my slow internet, but not horrible, and it was nice to have some social time with my friends, many of which are in the high risk group so they have been under self-quarantine for about a month now.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.

4/5 check in:
    1 X
    2~4 ✔ I didn't do the mini workouts. It's easier to stick to it when I am in the basement working. (cuz I want to take a break=work out)
    And since I had drinks on Saturday, I didn't want any yesterday. I was good :)
    I live on a street called Windy Hill. And it's ALWAYS windy. I don't know why but it is. So rather than fighting the wind to run, I took a different road. It was so much easier and pleasant! Now I'm looking forward to my lunch run!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/6
    House cleaning has been my exercise the last few days. I really think it is becoming more mentally tiring than physically. What did I touch after grocery run, totally wipe down car, door knobs, counters, faucets, etc. Wish my house just had an internal sprayer that would cover everything in one shot!! :)

Today is starting out sunny and much less windy so I will get outside and do more walking. Worried about nephew in another state starting to run a low grade fever. Ugh...
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/5

Beast Build Shoulders done

Food was within goal

Spent the bulk of the day playing D&D over discord...a bit frustrating with my slow internet, but not horrible, and it was nice to have some social time with my friends, many of which are in the high risk group so they have been under self-quarantine for about a month now.

My teen son and daughter spend a lot of time on Discord these days.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    4/3-4/6 update
    Fri- 20 min cardio (jogging back and forth in family room, calling it JIF)
    8# biceps curls 12 reps x 3 sets
    10# shoulder press 12x3
    8# bent rows 12x3

Sat - tackled cleaning the bathroom top to bottom
    - leisurely 1.5 mile walk just to get outside

Sun - rest

Mon - 20 min JIF
    8x12x3 bicep curls
    3x12x3 tricep kickbacks
    3x12x3 side shoulder raises

Need to build back up to heavier weights and add in some core work.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    4/5

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Made it over goal, turns out yard work adds more steps than housework, LOL.
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Also over goal.
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Carbs right at goal and calories under.
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. Missed a ring, IDK why, don't remember feeling the buzz on my wrist to get going. Maybe I was sleeping ;)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • MistressPi
    Options
    Accountability for 5 April:

Exercise: 55 minute walk, moderate pace. Went to, around and through the park. Weather was really nice, so there were a decent amount of folks doing the same thing. A trio of friends was watching a 4th try to walk a tightrope (about 3’ off the ground). A couple of people were attempting to play guitars. Everyone was practicing responsible social distancing. Ducks were leisurely gliding about the pond. Some idiot was feeding them Cheetos. I picked up a FREE walking stick on the way home! :) All in all, a lovely way to spend an hour of my time.
  • aquariansmb
    Options
    Check if for 4/6:
    Soaked up every bit of sunshine I could. I took two walks outside to close my Move ring.
    Food was within parameters.

Today will be a rain wash out. I have a pseudo gym downstairs with equipment to use - just need to muster some motivation.

Hoping everyone has a great day!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Monday was good...stretching, and even though I ate totally different than what I planned to eat, I still was within goal...went to walMart and Lowes for easter, some groceries, and yard stuff...also visited my 2 sisters to drop off birthday gifts...it was nice to catch up with everyone and watch the kids open presents even though we stayed distant through the visit...my kids are getting a bit old for stuffed or chocolate bunnies, so we opted for a bit of the easter favorite candy plus some movies and only a few eggs to hide and they will get money inside...we won't be visiting family for easter this year, but at least we can inject a bit of excitement into the holiday...I'm going to try to hide the eggs in such a way that it's a challenge to find them...should be fun!

Now I have to try to find a dozen eggs because once I hard boil the dozen we have we are out.

I normally buy them 5 dozen at a time at costco, but that hasn't been available for weeks now, so buying a dozen or two when food lion has them, and trying to eat fewer of them...we can totally go through 5 dozen a week...teenagers eat...<sigh>...walMart had zero yesterday, they had an enormous empty case, it was sad...
  • aquariansmb
    Options
    @tcunbeliever I feel your pain - I have 3 teenage boys at home myself. Conserving food with them around is just impossible. I hope you are able to find your eggs soon!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Monday was good...stretching, and even though I ate totally different than what I planned to eat, I still was within goal...went to walMart and Lowes for easter, some groceries, and yard stuff...also visited my 2 sisters to drop off birthday gifts...it was nice to catch up with everyone and watch the kids open presents even though we stayed distant through the visit...my kids are getting a bit old for stuffed or chocolate bunnies, so we opted for a bit of the easter favorite candy plus some movies and only a few eggs to hide and they will get money inside...we won't be visiting family for easter this year, but at least we can inject a bit of excitement into the holiday...I'm going to try to hide the eggs in such a way that it's a challenge to find them...should be fun!

Now I have to try to find a dozen eggs because once I hard boil the dozen we have we are out.

I normally buy them 5 dozen at a time at costco, but that hasn't been available for weeks now, so buying a dozen or two when food lion has them, and trying to eat fewer of them...we can totally go through 5 dozen a week...teenagers eat...<sigh>...walMart had zero yesterday, they had an enormous empty case, it was sad...

We'll just be having to do plastic eggs this year as every time hubyy has gone there were little to no eggs either.
    Teenagers eat indeed! I have to hide food from my 15-year-old son. He's 6'2" almost already and he's always on the prowl in the kitchen. So I have to hide snacks so the others get some. There are other healthier things available to eat, but that's not what he wants. :lol: