Active April Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    4/14:
    Lordy, it's mid-April. :scream:
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/build-a-booty-workout-strength-and-pilates-workout-for-butt-and-thighs
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/kellis-upper-body-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily-arms-shoulders-upper-backup
    6k steps, good for a non-cardio day for me. And up from 5k. I'm working on it. :smile:

Chilly here. Mid-50s. I will try to walk outside today though.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    4/14 check in:
    1-4 ✔ :D

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.

YAY! Got all 4 checked.
    Made enough turkey meat for lettuce wraps last night, I will sprinkle that on my lunch salad today. It's so cold today, woke up to that white stuff on the ground. Killed what I planted over the weekend... (I even covered it yesterday) Don't feel like going outside, will probably do more floor exercises today.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    4/14 check in:
    Got 14k steps in yesterday along with closing all my rings. Eating on plan was much better but over a bit on cals and carbs. This will remain my focus. My saboteur offered up carby fun after dinner but I stayed strong and declined. If only every day were that way!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in 4/14

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Really cold and windy with snow flurries, but I bundled up for an outside walk anyway
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Did good with goal
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. success
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Got 'em all!

I might have overdid the exercise yesterday. When I came back from my chilly walk I was so tired I barely had the energy to get ready for bed. I slept well thou and feel fine today. Not sure about another long walk in the 20 degree wind chill after work today.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/16
    Baked cookies yesterday so we know what happened there: love the cookie batter. Resolved to start over today. Am running out of household projects and the temperature outside has dropped back to 32 degrees in the morning. So what I am doing is blaming everything for my complete lack of mindfulness :( Can't believe I even admit to this nonsense. Okay get up and back on track.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/15 check in:
    1-3 ✔
    4 X Didn't move enough by 12 cals?

2. Eat low carb

There's about 4,5 inches of snow outside when I woke up.
    That already got me in a depressed mode. I'm not motivated at all today- Urgh...
    I'm going to dive into work, stick to my 10 min mini workout breaks and drink my water. That's what I decided. (just now) Hope you all have a good day!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/15:
    Manged a chilly yard stomp. Over and hour while listening to podcasts. Got almost 12k steps, I was very close.

Strength today. My lower back is deciding to be a jerk again. I don't know what the deal is. Seems like every time I lift weights any more this happens. Oh well. Stretching and I'll do a bodyweight focus today.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Half way through the Active April Challenge! We are having ALL the weather conditions this month, so I am concentrating on getting outside whenever the weather allows, for as long as the weather allows. Am on track to reach my step goals, possibly even over achieve as I have already clocked 5 days at +20,000 steps. Eating is good most days, a couple of bingey days (low carb treats!) but am staying within my maintenance weight range, albeit at the top right now. I am “okay enough” which is my goal these days :)
    Stay Healthy everyone, thank you for continuing to share here, it really helps me stay focused and motivated.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Oh, the weather and COVID. I'm feeling it too.

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Just got over step goal
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Just squeaked over calorie goal too.
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Did good
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Made double sure I got up and walked every hour.

Got discouraged about the wind chill being in the 20's so only did a short walk after supper. Weatherman says warmer wind is coming, I sure hope so.

Over half way onward to May, keep up the good vibes everyone!
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/15 check in:
    Got in about 18k steps and closed the rings. Eating to plan was ok but snacked a little after dinner. Got the carby stuff out of the house to reduce excuses/ temptation. Weather in OH is 20 degrees below normal with a little snow yesterday and expected for tomorrow. I just feel like laying on the couch but I’ll pull it together and keep moving!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting much, but I'm still here and still active...been totally on target with the exercise...trying to be better about the food tracking...this week has been good...the weeks before were off and on...also spending lots of time prepping the garden, so lots of sunlight even if it's chilly and lots of activity. It boosts my mood, but the sneezing and coughing from allergies is kind of a pain...I should try to remember to take meds...
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    spending lots of time prepping the garden, so lots of sunlight even if it's chilly and lots of activity. It boosts my mood, but the sneezing and coughing from allergies is kind of a pain...I should try to remember to take meds...

Yep, yep, yep, I need to get outside even if it's cold. But def too early this far north to prep my garden. Can't wait to get at it though. I have a friend with a greenhouse and will ordering my plant this weekend.

Yesterday was a better day mentally so I did a lunch workout of abs, chest presses and bicep curls. Sore today but worth it for the extra energy after and continued improved mood.
    Today's lunch workout will be legs and cardio.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/16: check in: activity and closing if the rings remains high for me this month. It was my anniversary so hubs and I had some carby treats after a nice ribeye for dinner. Today is still dreary and I don’t feel like doing much but will try to find things to keep me occupied.
  • baconslave
    Options
    spending lots of time prepping the garden, so lots of sunlight even if it's chilly and lots of activity. It boosts my mood, but the sneezing and coughing from allergies is kind of a pain...I should try to remember to take meds...

Yep, yep, yep, I need to get outside even if it's cold. But def too early this far north to prep my garden. Can't wait to get at it though. I have a friend with a greenhouse and will ordering my plant this weekend.

Yesterday was a better day mentally so I did a lunch workout of abs, chest presses and bicep curls. Sore today but worth it for the extra energy after and continued improved mood.
    Today's lunch workout will be legs and cardio.

I've been waiting for our April freeze to come and go. We got our last (I think) last night. So I guess I'm good to go to town on the garden, so to speak. No real town trip for me. I've actually been in and around this house for 34 days or so. But I want some zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers (that's what grows best here) so I guess I better go fight with my garden bed. I like having a garden but loathe getting it in the ground. I'm such a child sometimes. :unamused:
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/16:
    While babying my back:
    --https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/32-minute-bodyweight-workout-total-body-toning-and-functional-strength-training-exercises
    --10 Minute Abs Core Conditioning Circuit Workout (Jessica Smith YouTube)
    --AND this twice: 5-Minute Bodyweight Workout For Arms (POPSugar YouTube)

I can't post YT links b/c they embed and pop up a big ugly thing in the thread.

Today should be mid to upper 60s. And sunny so today will be a yard stomp.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/16 check in:
    1-3 ✔
    4 X Didn't move enough by 90 cals?

2. Eat low carb

It's snowing again. So not going out. Sticking to the elliptical and floor work.
    I just did my 10 min and panting. I will have to do 3,4 more later today. My internet wasn't working earlier and had to spend time on the phone with Spectrum. Ate into my work day so even though it's Friday, I have to work more! :'(
    Anyway, planning on getting a take out for dinner today. We didn't last friday so no cooking today. Getting mexican. Ahh can't wait!!!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    It's snowing here again too this morning, another snow globe scene outside.

Check in for 4/16

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Did good with a later evening 3 mile walk. Winds were light so not as cold
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Calorie burn was over goal
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Success, on a 4 day streak now and the scale is showing it
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. I have to be mindful about getting up every hour and moving while at work.

I am hoping our weatherman is right to forecast a nice weekend. I need to get outside to my yard and flower beds.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Beast Shoulders at lunch, cardio after work, couple hours gardening (weeding and raking) after that...meals on target...and ordered 6 new anime series on sale, so got it all under $40 after shipping!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/17:
    1hr-and-something yard stomp. 12.6k steps for the day. Rainy-rainy today so far.

Beast Shoulders at lunch, cardio after work, couple hours gardening (weeding and raking) after that...meals on target...and ordered 6 new anime series on sale, so got it all under $40 after shipping!!!
    DANG! You scored a deal! :mrgreen:

• taylok23
    Options
    4/17 check in:
    I was able to close all my rings on the Apple Watch, ended up with 17k steps and was under on calories with minimal carbs. Ideal day! Today so far I decided to mix it up with a salad as I’ve been mainly carnivore since February. Mistake! So it will be back to ribeyes for dinner.