Active April Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/19 Slowly getting back to activity and mindfulness. Once I get derailed it takes some time to jump on board again, but I think I am back.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long the Sentai sale is going on, but some of the whole series were only $3...and I picked up one I have been looking for for $12 (it was $35 for each half on amazon).

Saturday was good, spent 4+ hours working in the garden...was supposed to stretch and didn't...food was maintenance level.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/18, 19 check in:
    After my salad for lunch that made me feel miserable, I went back to carnivore for dinner. Because the albeit healthy carbs were unfulfilling, I snacked after dinner and went over on calories. But I did get another 17k steps one and closed the rings. Today has been better food wise but the day is young and I get into trouble in the evenings. I’ll load up on beef and try to distract from cravings. I’m on track to close my rings today too with a jog and some stretching and cleaning.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Sunday was good, lifted the things (chest/tris)...food was on target...mostly a quiet day.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    weekend check in:
    4/17 1, 3 ✔ 2, 4 X
    4/18 1-4 ✔ Ate good and long walk in the trail.
    4/19 1-4 ✔ Did a long walk at the park!

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in 4/17

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Beautiful weather and long walk in the evening, but my new (Feb1) running shoes are already wearing out and starting to hurt my right foot
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). success
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Did good
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Success

Check in 4/18 & 4/19

Lost all focus and motivation. IDK where it went other than I am getting so tired of the quarantine. I have to blame it on something, I guess. Over goal on calories, under goal on steps, didn't close the ring, but I was under goal both days on carbs. I did get yardwork done but was not excited about it at all. I definitely had a "meh" weekend.

I am planning on finding a way to get my positive mood back. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • taylok23
    Options
    @vkrenz send some of that positivity my way as I’m feeling the same. I think for me, boredom kicks in and I give in to poor choices. I managed this much better when I was going to work during the week. Now being at home, my activity levels are up a bit as I’m trying to stay busy but food choices are lacking. I’m locking it down this week!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Slothy weekend. I did plant some trees and do clean up from the last flood. There apparently are still a lot of people who toss their styrofoam cups on the side of the road and dump trash. It all washed up on our property. Lots of sticks, too. Did some cleaning. Still didn't translate to that many steps. That's fine. I slept on my shoulder weird Friday night and it pulled a muscle that still hurts. Now that my back is better, it's something else of course. But today is cardio day anyway. I'm not sure of the weather, so it will either be a yard hike or a Leslie Sansone 5 Mile video.

• vkrenz
    Options
    @taylok23 I've talked to many folks that were feeling blah all weekend. I'm still at work but there isn't much to do. Many people are getting part time furlough but it's not my turn yet I guess. Maybe I just needed to "talk" about it b/c this afternoon I'm feeling like a have more motivation as well as hope this crazy stuff in this world it going to get better.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Had another supposed low calorie day turn into a maintenance day...I'm so not good at being hungry...I should have had a snack before going shopping...on the plus side, stocked up on food though fresh meats were scarce, toilet paper was nonexistent - I don't need any but two of my sisters are in dire need and hitting 3 stores resulted in zero...I'll need some in another week or two, and how the heck is it that it's still constantly sold out, don't the hoarders have enough already...anyway, was able to get the essentials, and even some fresh produce...prices are up, but I managed to avoid all the insanely high items for another week.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/20 Check in:
    1-4 ✔

2. Eat low carb
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily

It was such a nice day, I went for a lunch run. I wish it was like that everyday. Now looks like it's going to rain everyday for a week starting Wednesday. So if the weather holds up till noon, I am def. going to get out there again today. Makes a huge difference on my mood.
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/20:
    Did Leslie's 5 Really Big MIles. I don't own that one so I had to stream it off Dailymotion. The ads are such a pain in the neck.

My lower back and shoulder are still tender so I'm not sure what to do today. Bodyweight strength again. Or lighter dumbbells? or just do another cardio day and let it all rest. Not sure why the heck I'm having these issues but I guess it's because I was trying to progress again and this is what the result is. :rage: Again. *le sigh*
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    spending lots of time prepping the garden, so lots of sunlight even if it's chilly and lots of activity. It boosts my mood, but the sneezing and coughing from allergies is kind of a pain...I should try to remember to take meds...

Yep, yep, yep, I need to get outside even if it's cold. But def too early this far north to prep my garden. Can't wait to get at it though. I have a friend with a greenhouse and will ordering my plant this weekend.

Yesterday was a better day mentally so I did a lunch workout of abs, chest presses and bicep curls. Sore today but worth it for the extra energy after and continued improved mood.
    Today's lunch workout will be legs and cardio.

I've been waiting for our April freeze to come and go. We got our last (I think) last night. So I guess I'm good to go to town on the garden, so to speak. No real town trip for me. I've actually been in and around this house for 34 days or so. But I want some zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers (that's what grows best here) so I guess I better go fight with my garden bed. I like having a garden but loathe getting it in the ground. I'm such a child sometimes. :unamused:

I think we just had our last freeze too. We started some seedlings in our dining room (because we're classy!) and got another 4 chicks. I am ready for all the outside items to move outside. We usually get one more snow in May, but it's typically a warmer, wet snow.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in April 21

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Still no motivation, blah
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Didn't meet goal but did pretty good with some outside yard raking
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. At least stayed well under goal for both
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Did get the ring closed for the day.

I am hoping I perk up and get a boost of motivation. The scale isn't disappointing, not lost any but haven't gained either.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My exercise has not been consistent, but it has increased. Working on it.

April 12: 25 minute walk
    April 13: 30 minute walk
    April 17: 120 minutes heavy cleaning
    April 18: 50 minutes walking and 10 minutes tap dancing
    April 21 (Today): 45 minute walk. AND I baked a loaf of (coconut flour) bread, too. All before Noon. I will probably get in some more exercise later.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/20-4/21 check in:
    I’ve closed my rings the last two days with about 15k steps which is down a bit. I swear I’m burning a hole in the carpet with all the pacing I do during work calls. Eating for the last two days has been on plan as well however I could have gotten by on less. But I won’t rain on this little streak!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/21 Check in:
    1-4 ✔

2. Eat low carb
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily

It was so cold and windy yesterday, I chickened out and didn't step outside. I did do elliptical session twice and got 5 mini workouts in total.
    I also adjusted my macros back and lowered the carbs down. I am going to try keeping it low (10%) and see if I can kick start burning BF again.

@mistressPi, curious about the (coconut flour) bread. Got a recipe to share?
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/22
    Still back on track, albeit not a very low carb one. Decided this is my new normal for now and I just have to deal with it. Calories are low enough to keep weight stable and activity comes and goes with the weather! We all just have to accept what we have going on now and work with it as best we can. Would love to see a few higher temps!
  • baconslave
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    4/22
    Still back on track, albeit not a very low carb one. Decided this is my new normal for now and I just have to deal with it. Calories are low enough to keep weight stable and activity comes and goes with the weather! We all just have to accept what we have going on now and work with it as best we can. Would love to see a few higher temps!

I have the same issue off and on right now. We have 6 or 7 to feed in this house,depending on my Dad, two of which are teenagers, and we had 4 chicken breasts for dinner as we're rationing meat a bit since it's been just too expensive to buy for our tastes. So I ended up with more carbs. Low enough calories still. If it were up to me I'd buy the meat, but DH just can't force himself to pay the greater expense on principle. :joy: So I make do. It won't be forever.

You sound like you are doing great in spite of the challenges. We have to just keep swimming. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/21:
    I did 2 Leslie videos, I using resistance bands (used my 10-12lb band) and one with light weights the whole time. One 45min and one 30.
    I'm thinking I'll find a resistance band strength workout for today. Gotta get this back cooperating.

Ideas for a May challenge. The carnivores usually do a Meaty May one. But I just do a regular Basics challenge. Thoughts?