Making friends

Options
milesH45
milesH45 Posts: 4 Member
Hi ,
I’m here to make friends and looking for support and to support people like me struggling with there weight and training aswell as working full time

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I work full time too. I have learned that I need to work out as soon as I get home from work, or it just won't happen! I will find an excuse, or I will get tied up in everything that needs to be done in the evenings.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I sneak in quick workouts on my lunch break. Its not easy to stuff one more thing into my already insane schedule. This app has helped me tremendously by making me more mindful of my eating. I keep my evenings free for the 2343264534 kid & horse activities that we do.

This app has been great to connect with people that have the same goals I do - I don't bore my family with workout details or diet stuff.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    FT mom of 2.
    I do a quick dumbbell and kettlebell workouts in the morning before shower. (10-15min) and I try to squeeze in a lunch break walk or jog for 30 min. That way I don't feel guilty if I don't get to the gym or studio later in the day. (I do go 2x/wk)

This app helps me be accountable. Logging and seeing what I eat and do. I like seeing others and encouraging each other. It's a positive place.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    During the school year, I get up at 5:30 so I have time to jog, strength train, make lunches, and start dinner (thawing whatever is planned, or starting something in the slow cooker). Because, honestly, if I don’t do it in the morning, I will totally punk out after work. I work more than full time and have three kids, so I am usually exhausted after dinner.

The community here is great, and the positivity has really helped me to keep my eating on track.
  • arizonero
    arizonero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm too am just looking for support. I'm 42. I have a 25% body fat. I am 6'1 weigh 240 right now. In the last 8 days, I've dropped 5 lbs.

First and foremost goal is to workout no matter what. I'm making it the top priority of the day...Self Care....Needs to happen...

I have a run goal of 1,500 calories / 8 miles per week.

Short term weight loss goal is 225 lbs.

Until I shed another 20 to 30 pounds, I'm going to maintain a caloric intake of about 1,500 to 1,900 calories per day.

I have a goal for squats of repping in the 300s by the end of the year. I'm currently repping at 255.

My long term goal for body fat % is below 15%.

Last year, I weighed 215, and the biggest ego boost that I had was when college girls in their 20s (I didn't know) in the apartment complex parking lot were calling at me and trying to get my attention.

I want to get there again but with the above goals of body fat % and squats.
  • arizonero
    arizonero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also feel free to friend me.
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 42, 6'3 and started my journey at 212 lbs and 20+% body fat. I'm currently 178lbs and 8-10% body fat. I can attribute my drastic body recomposition to the kitchen. When I started meal prepping and eating clean it all changed. It probably helps that I train 5-6 times a week doing strength, mobility, HIIT, and cycling, but kitchen is key. I'm currently working with a personal trainer on a hypertrophy program to start building some size.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me too :)
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What's up ma man, i workout on my lunch hour, at the most 45 to 50 minutes, but i get in and get out... It can be done, keep grinding...
  • Tass175
    Tass175 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I keep weights in my living room and in my bedroom so they are always staring at me. Reminds me to wirk out every time I walk past them.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I generally work out very early in the mornings (~4-5am) and I usually split 3 days of running with 3 days of weights. It's great to hit that 10,000 step goal before 6am.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I generally work out in the mornings. Wake at 5am, drive to work and go for a walk, jog round the block for 1 hour then shower and start work.

I now also work out whilst watching TV in the evening. Stops me from heading to FB and wasting time. I watch something on netflix and use the rowing machine to one episode and then bed.

Mum of 3 and work full time with a 1 hour commute each way.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • rmwebsteriii
    rmwebsteriii Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    add me i can use all the support i can get!
  • jwice78
    jwice78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me ! I need support
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    add me
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more people to motivate and get motivation from the better!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Always open to a FR
  • RosieRosie1975
    RosieRosie1975 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Add me please I’m looking to motivate and be motivated