Greetings from post-apocalyptic WORK!

Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
It's bizzare, but I'm actually back at work today! To be honest, I don't need to be here as we're limiting return-to-work to those folks who can only do their work physically on-site, as opposed to those who can do work remotely from home. I'm here to "supervise" the process. In reality, I'm here to see if there are any major unanticipated problems to deal with.

It's crazy empty here, though. I only saw one other person on my floor. I feel like Mad Max out in the middle of nowhere. I hope no motorcycle gangs show up! Ha ha.

anglo_2000x1125_melgibson_roadwarrior.jpg

Replies

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,508 Member
    Options
    ...and don't forget to save the world.

A slice of normalcy, even if it doesn't feel normal.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    That gun would help. Do they have open carry in your jurisdiction?
  • steve0mania
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    That gun would help. Do they have open carry in your jurisdiction?

Yeah. Indeed, there were some folks protesting our Director of the Department of Heath here (at her home, incidentally) open carrying weapons. Definitely feels post-apocalyptic!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,238 Member
    Options
    Who would have thought that toilet paper, not petrol, would be most sought after commodity in the apocalypse?
  • steve0mania
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »
    Who would have thought that toilet paper, not petrol, would be most sought after commodity in the apocalypse?

True dat!

Without getting too graphic, it seems the few people who are in work today have made ample use of work-supplied TP!
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »

True dat!

Without getting too graphic, it seems the few people who are in work today have made ample use of work-supplied TP!

Not sure where to go with that.

I'm having difficulty understanding the TP issue, though. I mean, what the hell were people doing before Coronavirus?
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    I understand the run on clorox wipes, hand soaps and an assortment of other cleaning products (I read the ceo of clorox claiming there was a 500% bump in demand year over year, its no wonder there is a shortage of them) What I don't understand id the tp? Is there a GI component about covid 19 that I have not read about?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,508 Member
    Options
    Apparently there are two broad classes of tp, consumer and industrial. With the masses working from home or not working the demand for consumer tp has skyrocketed while the industrial (used in office buildings) has been greatly diminished. You can all the industrial tp you want.
  • steve0mania
    Options
    Yes, @lowbar31, that's what I've heard too. I believe I heard that during a "normal" time, ~40% of TP use is out of the home. Thus, consumer sources needed to increase their production by that much, which apparently is not trivial.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've considered the great buttwipe shift as well. But TP started disappearing a couple of weeks before the stay at home orders. And, at least where I live, it was the first sign of the hysteria phase.

Well, that and bottled water.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,968 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Speaking of apocalyptic WORK! I'm a Real Estate Broker and Realtor. Open houses!! Ha!! I don't think so. Showing houses! I've been working some Buyer's from Louisiana moving back to Georgia Atlanta metro area. Since I've had two surgeries heart related since 1/22/20 and 3/3/20 and still have a fib I politely open the lockbox on occupied house but DONOT! Cross the front door threshold. Vacant yes(if it's been awhile). Gainesville Georgia where I reside for the last 23 years is currently the Hot Spot of Georgia. It's still spooky around here and I'm not jumping into the fray very quickly.😁👍