Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

PW: 210.1
    CW: 209.5

Have been having a stressful time recently because trying find a new place to live :#
    Hoping things will calm down and I'll be able to focus more on this process soon. Congrats to everyone on their hard work!

I hope things settle down soon. Congrats on your loss!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 1hr42m walk, 15 minute strength training workout video
    Water:✅
    Home workout: 3/4

Steps 5/7 13,726

PW 208.4
    CW 209.4

The weight gain is disappointing. The scales went down steadily at the beginning of the week and the last 2 days it went up. Well that’s weight loss for you.

My was yesterday was nice but I was really tired after. It is the furthest I have gone so far (6.79km). I walked at a slower pace than the previous 2 days. It was warm out and the cherry blossoms were beautiful. Next week, I am going to push for a 7km walk.

I did a YouTube strength training video. My dumbbells are only 3 lbs, so I need to get a 5lb set to switch between exercises. I am going to switch between the strength and the cardio workouts.

Today’s goals
    1. 5km walk
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Log all foods
    6. 8 cups water

You’ve been much more active this past week Linda. Your steps have gone up quite a bit and you are making much more effort to push your limits. This small gain is absolutely normal. You may have muscle repair therefore retaining water. Just keep doing what you know works. You will see the results soon enough! Good job with all your daily goals and in particular getting those workouts in. Way to go Linda 👏🏻❤️
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 214.4
    Current weight: 214.4

Keep at it. We all have these maintenance weeks. 💪🏻
    May 7th Check-In
    Steps: 7757
    Calories: Under
    Water: Very Little!

PW - 245
    CW - 241.2

I said that I was going to take a break yesterday and my body forced me to as I ended up with a migraine most of the day yesterday. The only exercise I got was a nice walk with my Husband. Apart from the migraine and not drinking more that 700ml of water the rest day was good.
    I am very happy with the scale number and today my only goal is getting back on track with water, exercise will happen too but I am not going to push myself.

Congratulations on your loss this week. I do hope the migraine has now passed and that you are feeling yourself again. Do the beat you can and always listen to your body. Sending you lots of hugs.
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Thursday check in

Calories- Over last night felt like no matter how much I ate I could not feel full. I am feeling sluggish today as a result of being so far over.

Exercise- good, weights and walk

Hydration - started out good, feeling dehydrated this morning though

Friday goals
    Calories under
    Hydration Hydration Hydration
    Exercise- burn at least 700 active calories

I totally know this feeling. I have those days all the time especially when my hormones come into play. I had more any one day like this this past week as it was TOM for me. Good luck with the water intake and calories burned goal! 💪🏻
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Friday, May 8 --- check in

Today's To Do List --
    do chair yoga + 5 min walk, drink all water, be mindful of food choices; log everything
    No going outside today ... it's snowing!! :/
    Mop floors

Hope Y'all have a great day!!

Well done with your goals! Sorry to hear it’s snowing. I’ll be praying for some good weather for you to go outdoors. 🙏🏻 in the meantime chair yoga and 5 minute walk sounds just right for a snowy day.
    Friday has been a bit rough. I had a bunch of snacks and just barely convinced myself to do my plank workout (but I diiiid do them). Then at dinner time I was planning to have a small portion but I had something more like a slightly larger than normal portion. Calories aren’t too far over my goal thankfully (about 20% over so far- now I need to brush my teeth quick so I don’t crave any more food!). I’m sure tomorrow’s weigh in will be a bit higher than this morning but still a week over week loss.

You for the plank challenge done!! Win!! 🎉 brushing my teeth after a meal always help but it also helps to prevent the snacking. Is you feel you are going for a snack go brush your teeth first. The minty flavor might curb your cravings. OR. You can try a sugar free chewing gum!
    missGYST wrote: »
    Steps for Thursday, May 7: 12,722
    My butt is so sore, hahaha!

Good job with those steps! Hope the booty feels better soon 😂
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I’m sitting on the bench this month in the cheering section, but my weigh in yesterday was a good one. From 174, I was down to 171.8. I’m starting to feel better about things. Today was dreary, and I couldn’t get outside much, but I still figured out ways to get my 10k steps in. Missed it be a few hundred yesterday, but I was just super tired yesterday, so I won’t beat myself up too much. My average for the week is still over 10k which I’m ok with.

Steps for 5/6 = 10,095
    5/7 = 9,285

I love Leslie Sansone’s videos as I know many of you do. I did a 10-minute one today right after a Zoom meeting for work before starting my next assignment. I was surprised how fast she got my heart rate up and got me burning calories. I highly recommend her videos especially when you can’t go outside.

I also love Leslie Sansone videos. They don’t look hard but man that heart rate goes up and it gets you sweating. I’m proud of you for keeping up with your steps and checking into the team. Even if you are temporarily on the bench you are still here and staying on top of your journey.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    steps May 8th: 6 120

Gotcha!
    jennt817 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Jennt817
    Pw: 141
    Cw: 143
    My weight made a big jump after I started doing the hit classes.... we’ll have to see what happens after a few weeks...

Ahhh that will happen but it’s only temporary. Muscle repair is hard to deal with but necessary. This will go down as you continue your workouts and your body heals itself. Keep at it. Good job with the HIIT classes!
    Frdiay weigh in
    Starting weight......279.0
    1st weigh in......279.4
    Steps done ......35000

Keep at it! Well done with those steps!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    5/8 steps 23203

Gotcha!
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

PW: 210.1
    CW: 209.5

Have been having a stressful time recently because trying find a new place to live :#
    Hoping things will calm down and I'll be able to focus more on this process soon. Congrats to everyone on their hard work!

Nice loss! 👍🏻 goos luck with your home hunting. I can only imagine how stressful it must be. Take each day as it comes and just do the best you can.
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 8th. 6573 steps.

Gotcha!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Weigh-in:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 187.6
    Current weight: 186

Check-In: Friday, May 8th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 3,250L ✔️
    •Steps: 14,754 ✔️

Good and happy Saturday morning team! Another week with a loss. It’s been months since I’ve managed a loss 2 weeks in a row.

I’m continuing my routine as it’s working well for me. I’m alternating IF days and OMAD days. I’m doing my 5k runs every morning and drinking my water everyday.

Just did my 5K and now gonna play dominoes with the kiddos. Then I must do my shopping. 😅😬

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-in:

Check-In: Friday, May 8th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 3,250L ✔️
    •Steps: 14,754 ✔️

Good and happy Saturday morning team! Another week with a loss. It’s been months since I’ve managed a loss 2 weeks in a row.

I’m continuing my routine as it’s working well for me. I’m alternating IF days and OMAD days. I’m doing my 5k runs every morning and drinking my water everyday.

Just did my 5K and now gonna play dominoes with the kiddos. Then I must do my shopping. 😅😬

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

Well done on the loss! You have been working hard and it has paid off. Have fun grocery shopping! I am off there myself in a bit.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 68 minutes

Steps 5/8 10,575

I came up a little short on my walk yesterday. I got 4.69 km. I just ran out of steam. I did nothing else all day. I think the increase in walking and the videos has been harder than I thought. Today I am going to walk and do the strength training video. Sunday I am going to rest.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. Strength workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Log all food accurately
    6. Drink 8 cups of water
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 220.3
    Current 220.7
    I have an exercise room in my house...no excuse other than I need to schedule workout time. Have a great week everyone. So inspired by your progress xxxo
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    May starting weight (last week): 317
    May 9: 311.6

I’m learning (or relearning) some lessons about weight management. I have a tendency to eat extra at meal times or eat extra meals in the evening. But I’m also quite capable at eating lots of snacks. Anything to satisfy a craving! But this week I got on track so I’m planning to keep up with what I did this week: 3 minutes of planks every day, tracking food every day, drinking lots of water (2 qt if possible). I also want to add some cardio to my routine, but it’s kind of difficult to do given the lockdowns and my family situation. So... my plan is to try and get 3 miles of walking in during the day, but if I don’t then I’ll go for a walk by myself in the evening to get the 3 miles. And I’ll plan for 5 days a week to start with. Ok now I’m committed! Help me stay accountable!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    May starting weight (last week): 317
    May 9: 311.6

I’m learning (or relearning) some lessons about weight management. I have a tendency to eat extra at meal times or eat extra meals in the evening. But I’m also quite capable at eating lots of snacks. Anything to satisfy a craving! But this week I got on track so I’m planning to keep up with what I did this week: 3 minutes of planks every day, tracking food every day, drinking lots of water (2 qt if possible). I also want to add some cardio to my routine, but it’s kind of difficult to do given the lockdowns and my family situation. So... my plan is to try and get 3 miles of walking in during the day, but if I don’t then I’ll go for a walk by myself in the evening to get the 3 miles. And I’ll plan for 5 days a week to start with. Ok now I’m committed! Help me stay accountable!

Congratulations on the awesome loss! I think you have a great plan for the week. Check in and let us know how the walking is going!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 9, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 294.4
    CW - 288.9

diff = -5.5 :)

Total Loss to date -- 19.7

• cesse47
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Rochelle and I live between Canada and the US, I am currently in the US in Michigan. I started my journey in 2014 at 276lbs and lost 70 pounds in the first year but I have never managed to stick to it long enough to reach my goal so it slowly creeps back up. My life has been a roller coaster this past year but I think I am finally in a place to make this happen. I am at my highest weight I have been since I lost the first bit.
    May 1 start weight: 245
    Steps May 1: 12484
    May 2: 8438

Is there anyway I can make my weigh in day Friday as that is the day I have picked to weigh myself each week?

Welcome!! I live in Michigan as well. I think most of us can identify with that same roller coaster ride. Hang in there; You CAN do this!! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 9, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 294.4
    CW - 288.9

diff = -5.5 :)

Total Loss to date -- 19.7

Awesome loss! You are doing so good!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday:
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 253.0

Thank goodness-back to a normal work schedule next week. Now if only the virus would disappear and I could get back to the gym.
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday May 8th Check in
    Steps: 11,391
    Water: 2.5L
    Exercise: Good
    Calories: over by 1

Yesterday was an inside day as it was snowing and kind of depressing as is the weather today. The scale number remained the same as yesterday which I was very surprised with as I had a very high sodium day.

Today's goals
    - Bundle up and go out for at least a short walk
    - Continue getting 2.5L+ of Water
    - Do some type of exercise video
  • cesse47
    Options
    Weigh-in:

Nice Loss ... WTG!! And, thanks for your comments and encouragement; it's really appreciated. I did not join any groups last time I tried MFP and I'm finding I sincerely appreciate all the support. Thank You!
  • cesse47
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Steps 5/8 10,575

Good Job with all of your physical activity!! I'm glad to hear tomorrow will be a day of rest for you ... we all need to pamper ourselves a bit now and then. Today is my ME day ... no exercise, no chores, no cleaning, etc. And, I'm going to indulge in a restaurant take-out meal and a couple glasses of wine. After two months I think I need it!! LOL

And thank you as well for your words of encouragement ... it means a great deal.

I think I remember you saying you were starting training with weights. I think I'd like to do the same ... starting with 3 lb weights; then graduating to 5's. Is there a particular YouTube program you'd recommend for a beginner?

Have a great day off tomorrow!! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Steps 5/8 10,575

Good Job with all of your physical activity!! I'm glad to hear tomorrow will be a day of rest for you ... we all need to pamper ourselves a bit now and then. Today is my ME day ... no exercise, no chores, no cleaning, etc. And, I'm going to indulge in a restaurant take-out meal and a couple glasses of wine. After two months I think I need it!! LOL

And thank you as well for your words of encouragement ... it means a great deal.

I think I remember you saying you were starting training with weights. I think I'd like to do the same ... starting with 3 lb weights; then graduating to 5's. Is there a particular YouTube program you'd recommend for a beginner?

Have a great day off tomorrow!! :)

I search YouTube for a beginner dumbbell workout. The one I did and will keep doing is the 15 minute beginner weight training -easy exercises. It is by Hasfit.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!

t404wu96pgh2.jpeg
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 8. 9481 steps.
This discussion has been closed.