Continuous Problems Syncing to FitBit

Options
MFP will sync for a few days and then stop. I then disconnect FitBit, wait a few minutes and re-connect it. SOmetimes it works, others it doesn't. This is one of those times it's not. This is incredibly annoying that it keeps happening. Am I doing something wrong? Why won't it sync???? Thanks!

Replies

• doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nope! Mine is doing the same thing. Very frustrating!
  • FBwatcher
    FBwatcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • vrshawpotter73
    vrshawpotter73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep having that issue too. So frustrating!
  • vrshawpotter73
    vrshawpotter73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep having that issue too. So frustrating!
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I thought I could primarily use MFP for everything. I guess I was wrong because my steps aren’t syncing today. ☹️
    If Fitbit would integrate recipe entry I’d quit using MFP all together.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Almost always it's not an account level issue, but a swamping of MFP systems with sync requests and info.

They start piling up.

They will get caught up eventually.

What delays getting caught up is so many people disconnecting and reconnecting, because that uses new sync data, but the old requests are still there attempting old account ID, but now no matching account.

So a new one may go through once or twice, but in general the backup just gets worse.

Check the issues page for info before doing more than recommended and possibly making it worse.

This has steps and link to status page to confirm no issue before wasting your time.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032623411-What-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-Fitbit-to-MyFitnessPal-
  • amyw423
    amyw423 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit hasn’t synced to MFP for months. I have deleted the app and disconnected the Fitbit several times. It only captures the current step count at the time of reconnect. It never syncs the missing data. I emailed support a while back with no response or resolution. Very disappointing. Been using MFP for many years.
  • jtramski
    jtramski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I use MapMyRide it will sync with both My Fitness Pal and Fitbit. If I go through Fitbit it does not sync a workout to My Fitness Pal.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    jtramski wrote: »
    If I use MapMyRide it will sync with both My Fitness Pal and Fitbit. If I go through Fitbit it does not sync a workout to My Fitness Pal.

That's because Fitbit doesn't sync workouts to MFP.

It's optional - and they choose not to do it.

They sync a Total Daily Burn that includes any workout though.

You have increased the number of syncs that must take place though - just begging for sync errors to screw up the numbers.
    The MMR workout synced to MFP has to sync over to Fitbit, which replaces it's calorie burn info with that workout, and syncs back a new Daily Burn figure to MFP.

Just keep your time zones and DST correct on all 3 systems or you'll start getting extra calories from workouts.