Introduce yourself! Your goals, due date, concerns etc

Options
kissanyacat
kissanyacat Posts: 11 Member
Please feel free to reach out and find what you need in this group such as motivation, support etc!

Replies

• Zelda841
    Zelda841 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Looks like a new group here, so I guess I'll get the ball rolling by introducing myself. :smile: I'm Zelda and I'm very early in my pregnancy (5 weeks, 3 days). My due date is 12/21/2020. I had been just getting back into using MFP when I found out. This is my first pregnancy and I'm especially anxious since I'm 35 (therefore, of "advanced maternal age") and I'm very overweight. Obviously, it isn't ideal to be going through a pregnancy with all the extra weight, but the best thing I can think of to do now is to be careful of my weight gain, make sure I'm eating lots of wholesome calories, and remain as active as possible. My biggest worry right now is making it through the 1st trimester, because there just seems to be a lot of articles and information out there describing the many ways something can go wrong. :neutral: I've read so many articles and researched so many symptoms and concerns...I suppose I'm just hoping for a forum where we can exchange notes, ideas, concerns, ideas, etc. And, really, just provide support for one another. :smiley:
  • makinsey_vallejo
    makinsey_vallejo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Makinsey. I'm 28 years old. This is my 4th pregnancy & I'm still really early along (5 weeks, 1 day). According to a few pregnancy calculators that I've used, my due date is 24 December 2020. I have not been to a doctor yet, but I have gotten 5 positive pregnancy tests, so I think it's safe to say that this is really happening lol.
    With my 3rd pregnancy, I got into a car accident & I got hurt pretty bad. Now, two years later, I'm still dealing with the extra baby weight from my 3rd baby... & some extra I've put on. This is by far the heaviest I have been & it worries me. What I weigh now is what I weighed full term pregnancy with my first 3 children.
    I was working on losing the weight & now, as of last week, I find out I'm preggers. Oh man... I'm stressed. I've never been overweight like this & I'm worried. I guess I will just have to take it day by day & hope for the best.
    I'm looking for some friends to just chat it up with. Share stories & experiences. Check in with. Add me! šŸ˜
  • ldlittle09
    ldlittle09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Lindsay. I am 23 weeks along with our third baby. I am due at the end of August. I have gained about 20 lbs so far this pregnancy and a little on edge as far as what the second half of the pregnancy holds. I have really been struggling with food choices lately (quarantine has not helped) and Iā€™m hoping I can reign in my cravings as this pregnancy moves along. Congratulations to you all on your pregnancies!
  • ccdillavou
    ccdillavou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Christina! This is pregnancy #2 for me and it will be my last! I'm about 25 lbs heavier than I'm comfy with already and due 12/3. I struggle with high blood pressure issues, so my OB says I'll be induced around 37 weeks.. so I guess I'll be having a November baby instead!

Presently, I walk 5 miles per day as many days a week as I can handle, and as many as the weather allows. I'm also avoiding carbs (per my OB) to the best of my french fry loving ability.

Last pregnancy was 7 years ago and I gained 80 lbs. That will NOT happen again!

It's great to meet you all! šŸ˜Š
  • gracetipikin
    gracetipikin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi im Grace, im 26 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. Im almost 9 weeks.
    I had been exercising about 5 times a week till about 7 weeks when nausea finally hit-that went down the drain pretty quick. Im slowly trying at least get back into walking and have been trying my best to make healthy food choices (that i can stomach)šŸ˜„
    I gained 50lb with my first pregnancy and 60lb with my last baby, so my goal is to keep it around 40 this time.
  • jk6209
    jk6209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Iam Flavia, I am 28 weeks along it is my first pregnancy. I only started exercising few weeks ago, half hour walk and 20 min workout at home. So far I have managed my weight very well as some days I am very sick... My goal is 10kg/22lbs but I am not sure if I am eating enough protein
  • 1vanrad8277
    1vanrad8277 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Vanessa. Im currently 5w4d with baby #8. Started my last several pregnancies at 200+ lbs and had gestational diabetes. I'm currently 155 and hoping that gestational diabetes doesn't get too bad with this one. Im here to track my foods and exercise and connect with other moms. Hoping to gain less than 30lbs.
  • Emilymcmanus25
    Emilymcmanus25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 years old, and currently 27 weeks along with my 4th pregnancy. My due date is September 19th 2020. I have gained 37lbs this pregnancy and am trying to maintain my weight from here on out.

Backstory:
    I have consulted a nurse at my obgyn 's office and she has instructed me to eat between 1800 calories to 2000 calories a day. I'm also hypoglycemic (very low blood sugar) and lack a gallbladder. In 2019, I lost 25lbs and my weight stayed at a healthy point up until the pandemic hit. I have been cooking 3 meals a day for my family of 5 (Husband and 3 children ages 4, 3 and 2). Since beginning calorie monitoring again, I have been struggling to eat more than 1600-1800 calories a day. I eat lean protein and vegetables, limit my fruit, carbohydrate and sugar intake and cut out all soda and juice. My colostrum came in at 24 weeks so I am drinking 64oz of water a day and eating a oatmeal in the mornings in order to keep it from drying up.

On the 1st of July I will be having my second glucose test this pregnancy.
  • sweetirish
    sweetirish Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm 40, hubby is 46. This is our second pregnancy this year (first ended in missed miscarriage right before COVID). We had to go the IVF route and it would appear my body wants to be pregnant. Officially we are 5 weeks. I'm working with nutritionist and the clinic to make sure I'm maintaining healthy diet and exercise. I'm hoping to keep things in check and limit weight gain since I'm already in the obese range.
  • ramonsgirl67
    ramonsgirl67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm an older mom! 46 , Im 30 weeks pregnant with baby #8 and I have had nothing but issues! baby looks good but because of high BP and now they say I have Gestational Diabetes. I am a fitness trainer and it's extra frustrating to not be a able to do what I usually do as far as fitness. hoping to get some snack ideas and motivation from you ladies! H&H 9 months <3
  • nkenn84
    nkenn84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Nicole, I'm 35yrs old and 29w pregnant with a boy! I have a 12yr old daughter so I feel like I'm starting over but my family is so excited to add a little boy. I was not nearly as active or nutrition conscious in my first trimester, second got a little better but I'm hoping to really improve during this last trimester. Looking forward to joining the group and get fitness and nutrition inspo from you all!!