DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    #1 PRIORITY -- Do Laundry for Brother
    #2 PRIORITY -- Go to emergency distribution centers to pick up water, food, bedding, PPE, any cleaning supplies available, sanitizer spray for house walls etc, work gloves, 5 gal buckets, etc

The Plan: Do stretches. do laundry. Do yoga. do laundry Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Do 5 min walking program. do laundry

So, in the week since the flood, I've gained 9 lbs. It is what it is. First, stress and anxiety eating while waiting to find out who was next in the evacuation, while worrying about my older brother and his family as they were evacuated early in the process. Then, the major flooding which became a 500-year event., Then the aftermath. Little sleep; lots and lots of grazing from morning to night. Then, the disbelief seeing Sanford completely underwater to the rooflines of all the buildings in town ... more eating. Finally, the cleanup begins ... muck boots, masks, gloves, ... more stress and anxiety eating. Those not affected brought food and drinks -- pizza, fried chicken & potato salad, mega meat subs, lasagna, pop -- several times throughout the days as cleanup occurred. Brother's house was under 5-7 feet of water which means everything had to go unless it could be put in a clothes or dish washer ... right down to the studs on the house. More food, pop, chips ... to keep energy levels high. So the house is now gutted. Heartbreaking to see all their antiques, treasured items mounded on the outlawn. Now, I've got about 20 garbage bags of laundry to do ... so that will keep me at home where I can better control my eating and drinking. Thank God!! So, now, I start again!!

I am so glad you are safe. I can’t even imagine the stress you are going through right now and I completely understand your weight gain due to it. I am also a stress/emotional eater. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take things one day at a time and just do the best you can each day. Sending you all my love ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 84 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 5/25 11,554

I don’t know if I like these early morning walks. I am finding I really have to push myself to get through the 5 km. It could be the heat, just being tired or a combination of both. I guess it will get easier as I go along. We are under a heat warning right now but that should ease up by Friday. I did get 5.09 km in this morning.

Truthfully, I did little else besides my walk yesterday. I will have to spend time today cleaning up the apartment. I am planning on getting the strength video done or at least doing a strength workout on my own.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Strength workout
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Stay within calorie goal

I actually prefer early morning workouts. I like getting them out of the way and that way I can move on with my day without thinking it still needs to be done. Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to them. Either way I can understand struggling through the heat. And it’s even worse when it’s humid. Good job getting out there regardless and getting it done! 💪🏻
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Friday, May 22

•Log all food: Nope ❌
    •Calories: Nope ❌
    •Exercise: morning and afternoon walk✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 15,696 ✔️

Check-In: Saturday, May 23

•Exercise: stepper ✔️
    •Steps: 10,592 ✔️

Check-In: Sunday, May 24

•Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Steps: 13,982 ✔️

Playing catch up again after an absolute crazy and busy weekend. My husband and I finally managed to empty out our basement and move it all into the garage so it’s ready for our guy to come pick up and take it all to the dump. After that’s done we have to do the same with everything in the garage and outdoors in our back yard. Then we have a few boxes left in the basement that we need to sort out one by one. We are really beginning to feel the stresses of our upcoming move and the current need to sell this house.

To make things worse I managed to undo all the progress I made over the past month in just one week! I’m so disappointed in myself but I have to just get myself up and back on it. I can’t let myself make more damage.

I didn’t get a chance to weigh in all day on Saturday so I added my weight on the spreadsheet early Sunday morning as I was late and didn’t want Lislyn to miss it. But here it is......

Weigh in for last Saturday morning was...

Previous weight - 184.2
    Current weight - 189.8

Yup. It’s ugly. But I’m back on top of it. Back on my program today (IF/OMAD). I did my run yesterday and today. Also I’ve joined this weeks outdoor Zumba for tonight, Wednesday night, and Saturday morning. I want to get myself back with a loss for the month before we finish it. I’m gonna do my best team ❤️

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

That’s why we call this a journey, sometimes we will wander off the path, and it takes us a little longer to get where we are going, but you keep moving forward and that’s what’s important. Don’t beat yourself up, and you have a great plan for yourself
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday

Week4
    CW 173.6
    PW 172.2

Well my activity has been great, my eating has not, way way over calories this weekend. Onward to this week now, with the goal of staying under calories
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Exercise: 84 minute walk

Steps 5/25 11,554

I don’t know if I like these early morning walks. I am finding I really have to push myself to get through the 5 km. It could be the heat, just being tired or a combination of both. I guess it will get easier as I go along. We are under a heat warning right now but that should ease up by Friday. I did get 5.09 km in this morning.

Truthfully, I did little else besides my walk yesterday. I will have to spend time today cleaning up the apartment. I am planning on getting the strength video done or at least doing a strength workout on my own.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5 km ✅
    2. Strength workout
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Stay within calorie goal

I actually prefer early morning workouts. I like getting them out of the way and that way I can move on with my day without thinking it still needs to be done. Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to them. Either way I can understand struggling through the heat. And it’s even worse when it’s humid. Good job getting out there regardless and getting it done! 💪🏻

The humidity is pretty awful right now. Maybe that is what is getting me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday

Week4
    CW 173.6
    PW 172.2

Well my activity has been great, my eating has not, way way over calories this weekend. Onward to this week now, with the goal of staying under calories

Weekends are tough! I find if I am going to go over it will be on the weekend. Well done on the loss!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/25: 12,979
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Happy Tuesday

Week4
    CW 173.6
    PW 172.2

Happy Tuesday

Week4
    CW 173.6
    PW 172.2

Thanks for the kind words. It’s not easy but you are right. We gotta keep showing up no matter what. We’ve got this! 💪🏻❤️👍🏻
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    5h6cr8zpbipp.jpg

CONGRATS @mynacha73 ON REACHING ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    5c5zc3dmb5io.jpeg

MAY WEEK 3 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 657,755 STEPS
    (Last week it was 917,847)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@kyfrancik - 100,845 steps
    @mari_moulin - 98,031 steps
    @888Angie888 - 97,307 steps

Also well done to ...

@piqueaboo - 85,614
    @michelleywardell - 74,399
    @destiny_sierra - 73,746
    @Lindamtuck2018 - 64,144
    @Murphyi150 - 49,630
    @missGYST - 12,013 (missing Tue - Sat)
    @19shmoo69 - 2,026 (missing Mon - Sat)

849ar4w8wugh.jpeg

5/17-2263
    5/18-4816
    5/19-12108
    5/20-24189
    5/21-21190
    5/22-17680
    5/23-21632
    5/24-3672
    5/25-2667
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    5h6cr8zpbipp.jpg

CONGRATS @mynacha73 ON REACHING ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Congratulations!!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

5/17-2263
    5/18-4816
    5/19-12108
    5/20-24189
    5/21-21190
    5/22-17680
    5/23-21632
    5/24-3672
    5/25-2667

Gotcha! This would put you in first place for last week! 💪🏻 well done 👍🏻
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 36. 9433 steps.
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, today was rough! Got to work at 7am and stayed until 9:30 tonight.
    Stepage galore today.
    May 26 27948

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 36. 9433 steps.

Gotcha!
    Well, today was rough! Got to work at 7am and stayed until 9:30 tonight.
    Stepage galore today.
    May 26 27948
    Gotcha!

Great stepping teammates!! 🚶🏻‍♀️💪🏻❤️👍🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, May 26

•Log all food: YES! ✔️
    •Under Calories: Yes ✔️
    •Water: 2.5L ✔️
    •Steps: 21,026 ✔️

Good morning team! Well I got most of my kitchen nice and clean yesterday. All is shining and ready to be showed off. Today I will do an overall clean and pick up of the rest of the house. Nothing major but it will still take up most of my day.

I woke up late this morning and was desperately trying to convince myself that it’s ok to not go run. I dragged myself out of bed and got myself up and out before my mind could tell what I was doing. When I got home hubby had made me a spinach and berry smoothie ❤️❤️❤️ he’s so thoughtful. Tonight I have a Zumba class so I expect to have a great number of steps for today thanks to my job cleaning and Zumba.

Wish us luck in today’s 2 house views! Fingers crossed we find a buyer soon so we can stop stressing over the house being perfect for visits. It’s hard keeping it in order with everyone home.

May goals:

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, May 27

Log all food and beverages
    Do 30 min of exercise
    Go to Emergency Dist Center to pick up food, water, cleaning supplies
    Go to Brother's (pick up ice on way)
    Do Laundry
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,203 Member
    Options
    Time to Recruit!

If you have friends who would love your team, or any of the others - registration for June is OPEN!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Tuesday, May 26

•Log all food: YES! ✔️
    •Under Calories: Yes ✔️
    •Water: 2.5L ✔️
    •Steps: 21,026 ✔️

Good morning team! Well I got most of my kitchen nice and clean yesterday. All is shining and ready to be showed off. Today I will do an overall clean and pick up of the rest of the house. Nothing major but it will still take up most of my day.

I woke up late this morning and was desperately trying to convince myself that it’s ok to not go run. I dragged myself out of bed and got myself up and out before my mind could tell what I was doing. When I got home hubby had made me a spinach and berry smoothie ❤️❤️❤️ he’s so thoughtful. Tonight I have a Zumba class so I expect to have a great number of steps for today thanks to my job cleaning and Zumba.

Wish us luck in today’s 2 house views! Fingers crossed we find a buyer soon so we can stop stressing over the house being perfect for visits. It’s hard keeping it in order with everyone home.

May goals:

Great job on getting your run done. Here’s hoping you get a buyer.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ndjth354d1e5.png

Overdue
    @mellane30
    @dness1203
    @dabbers18

Wednesday’s weigh ins
    @missGYST
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Exercise: 78 minute walk

Steps 5/26 11,038

I didn’t get my walk in this morning. I slept in and it was just too hot 🥵 when I was ready to go. I will do a walk inside today.

Today’s goals
    1. 30 minute walk
    2. Drink 8 cups water
    3. Stay within calorie goal
This discussion has been closed.