An anniversary approaches - And 500+ members

NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
A couple of things.

1) July 4th is the LL Group Anniversary. I think it is time to do a little house cleaning on some threads. Nothing will be deleted but I think it is time to version 2 a few things. Some threads will continue on as they are like introductions and NSV because those need to be complete records.

2) I think it is also time to develop a better opening resource for new members. A lot of people are just here lurking and we need to help them find some helpful information quickly and concisely.

3) I would like to find some easy/captivating response threads to get people people to post their first post. My experience in running message boards is that once a person breaks silence they are more likely to participate and I think regardless of what we do with number 2 we will always be better at helping people when they participate.

4) OVER 500 MEMBERS! That is CRAZY!

5) If anyone (probably a toddler with a crayon) can put together a better graphic than the "No Quitters Here" I would appreciate it. It doesn't even need to say that. I would be open to it saying something more meaningful. If you have suggestions post them here.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Oh and if you have ideas for how to improve our group please also post them. The first year was kind of winging it a bit more. I think we can fine tune it for year 2 and beyond.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We need more active members and a couple of more present hosts!...I really miss the leaders posts!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    This is my first time seeing this post. I can do a graphic. Do you have dimensions?

I would love to have a weekly leader post. I would definitely be willing to help out in any way I can.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    You would do a great job....I hope Novus sees this and gives you the job!....there are so many great posts on here....I think I have read all of them!