SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes times three.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Great post @RangerRickL

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, about six hours disinfecting the public areas of my workplace due to the virus, plus walking

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? way under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes. Had another Starbucks Frappuccino today, don't want to make it a daily habit because I'm a sugar fiend. Maybe writing it down here will stop me tomorrow.

Is there a smaller size? A kid size?
    Drink 3/4?
    Then 1/2 the next day!
    Or sip it slowly with water & stop the moment you are ok? Tuck a scale in your bag. Weigh drink before & after.

Ask yourself what is it about the Frappuccino that is drawing you to it? Optimize for that!!

https://stories.starbucks.com/press/2017/5-ways-to-shave-calories-off-your-starbucks-frappuccino/

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/product/424/iced?parent=/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/coffee-frappuccino
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Wednesday 3rd June
    Could have been better, but a miss is as good as a mile!
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute walk
    Calories: Yes, stayed under.
    Tracking: Yes, logged everything.
    Really tired of my own cooking and of cooking in general. I cannot be bothered any more to think of nice things to cook, different recipes, and I hate just slapping something together or eating ready meals. Can anyone inspire me? Left to my own devices at the moment, I would end up with peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

@Chinkiri
    Well, it seems you aren’t happy cooking or with ready made or simpler fare.
    I’ve made the choice to go with fast to put together simpler foods. I find if I’m hungry, I don’t care if it’s fancy or not - just that it’s quick!!!
    I eat a lot of peanut butter toast! Healthy bread, unsalted peanut butter, weighed to the gram! Works for me!

You get to choose where your trade-off point is!! Tastier but time consuming... or not as tasty, but quick or somewhere in between!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @signing_megs
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I went to the lake and did stand up paddle boarding. Great mental break, and activity level of a leisurely walk for about 2 hrs.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Barely, yes. I started a meal prep delivery service (Sun Basket), and today’s meal did not have a ton of flavor, but lots of veggies, and a huge portion. I’m trying to figure out why I’m still hungry an hour later?

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

What were the fat & protein percentages compared with the carbs?

That might give you some clues.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 3
    Exercise YES - it’s a real habit
    Tracked : yes
    Calories: over
    Pass Day 1 used.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Wednesday 3rd June
    Could have been better, but a miss is as good as a mile!
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute walk
    Calories: Yes, stayed under.
    Tracking: Yes, logged everything.
    Really tired of my own cooking and of cooking in general. I cannot be bothered any more to think of nice things to cook, different recipes, and I hate just slapping something together or eating ready meals. Can anyone inspire me? Left to my own devices at the moment, I would end up with peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

@Chinkiri
    Well, it seems you aren’t happy cooking or with ready made or simpler fare.
    I’ve made the choice to go with fast to put together simpler foods. I find if I’m hungry, I don’t care if it’s fancy or not - just that it’s quick!!!
    I eat a lot of peanut butter toast! Healthy bread, unsalted peanut butter, weighed to the gram! Works for me!

You get to choose where your trade-off point is!! Tastier but time consuming... or not as tasty, but quick or somewhere in between!

Thank you Maddie. It's true, I am not a fan of ready-made, bland, too salty, although I have found a few that are actually nice, nutritious and healthy. Am stocking my small freezer compartment with those. Ditto fast foods, but I like the pizza from place round the corner. Yep, I eat unsalted, unsugared peanut butter on rye bread, delish! I have to weigh and portion those, like the pizza! Hard!
    Simpler food: Yes, I try. Piece of frozen salmon, chunk of lemon, mix of frozen veggies, bit of salad, tomato, done! (Not that satisfying) Bit of chicken, marinade in something spicy, oven ... but then I am cooking and planning already and I start thinking about vegetables: roasted cauliflower, perhaps, no, not more spinach or broccoli, could make a ratatouille... You see?
    I am thinking about it though. Now the postal service is getting back to normal, I will order curry spice mixes from UK, that turn simple ingredients into a 'proper' curry, which I love.
    Also batch cooking! I could make a load of ratatouille and freeze it!
    My main meal today is baked sweet potato with a few spoonfuls of sour cream, dash of pepper and grated nutmeg, sprinkling of chives. I might add a tomato for vitamin C, but it's not properly ripe yet, bored with salad, broccoli and spinach. My Mum was a lousy cook, but when I left home I discovered food in a big way! I mostly like to cook and am very creative, but I have just hit a low point! Thanks for your input!
  • jillebean86
    jillebean86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pass #1

Exercise - Yes - lifted in the morning, pretty active day overall
    Tracking - Yes
    Calories - technically under, but most of them came from alcohol, so I'm calling it a No. Lots of fun, but definitely not a healthy habits kind of day.

Today was both corporate retreat and spouse's birthday. I feel good about the way I managed my bad decisions. :-) 27 days and 2 passes to go!
  • Terry111330
    Terry111330 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    June 1 - yes x 3
    June 2 - pass
    June 3 - yes, within calories, yes logged everything, yes excersied - 30 min gardening
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob Wish you better! The bug may get rid of some calories!

• pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 30 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I definitely agree that tracking is a very important factor in transitioning to healthier eating. It allows you to be more mindful of what you are consuming. That’s what I am hoping to gain in coming back to MFP: becoming more conscious of my habits again. My other goals should follow easily once I accomplish this.
  • oldDogBiking
    oldDogBiking Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    day 3
    exercise - yes
    track - yes
    budget - yes
    Exercise was not my usual road.
    I drove a bit further to the climb I like that is on blacktop.
    Cars are a bit more of a hazard but there is a nice shoulder and a side stripe.
    I choked up on that hill a little bit so I didn't really get the full value of it. I drove up and parked at like mile 5.5 but then thought that I wouldn't get as much as I wanted so I rode down the hill to mm 4 and started climb from there.
    It was early. Air was brisk. I seen a runner girl on my downbound.
    I turned around and headed up. Intersected her, she had turned around and was headed down. She stopped me. She told me that she saw a mountain lion right there by where we were talking. I think it was some days before but I kind of don't remember that detail of the conversation.
    But she the second person that had a credible claim of seeing a cougar since December.
    I always think that I want to see one. Lots of guys in the foothills are getting pics of them on their doorbell cameras.
    Don't know that I should be wishing to see one.
    Got a good climb though and some PRs.
    Talking to that girl probably cost me a PR.
    But that'd be weird if I was so obsessed with getting a PR that I wouldn't stop for someone wanting to chat.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Exercise : Yes -> 30 mins walk
    Calories : Under by a few
    Tracking : Yes
  • shellywesley
    shellywesley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    X3 done
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Date: June 3
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Great post @RangerRickL

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, about six hours disinfecting the public areas of my workplace due to the virus, plus walking

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? way under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes. Had another Starbucks Frappuccino today, don't want to make it a daily habit because I'm a sugar fiend. Maybe writing it down here will stop me tomorrow.

Is there a smaller size? A kid size?
    Drink 3/4?
    Then 1/2 the next day!
    Or sip it slowly with water & stop the moment you are ok? Tuck a scale in your bag. Weigh drink before & after.

Ask yourself what is it about the Frappuccino that is drawing you to it? Optimize for that!!

https://stories.starbucks.com/press/2017/5-ways-to-shave-calories-off-your-starbucks-frappuccino/

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/product/424/iced?parent=/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/coffee-frappuccino

@MadisonMolly2017 Nope, no kid size. They make a smaller size, but I buy them at work, and there's only one size. It's a strong coffee drink and not for kids anyway. There's no way I would add water to a drink like that -- there would be no point in buying it.

And no, saving 1/2 for the next day doesn't work for me. I'm okay with one a month. Any more than that and it pushes my sugar fiend button. I just have to stop buying them, plus plan a substitute, like taking my own black coffee.

They say there are two kinds of people, abstainers and moderators. I'm an abstainer. If I don't buy things like the frappuccino then I don't miss them. A moderator would feel deprived.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, BRISKLY walked all around house including up-and-down-stair through whole of 60 minute listen-in Branch all-staff teleconf presentation plus more brisk walking during daily phone-chat with mom (~20 min?) earned over 80 fitbit exercise calories total
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Days goals met: 3
    Pass days used: 0