June 13 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @Hollis100 thanks for the detailed tips!

That's a very good point that in maintenance you keep going with what was working during weight loss. I think logging has helped me understand more about approx how many calories I can have in a day as it's become more intuitive, but weighing myself is something I will definitely need to keep up weekly.

That's how I ended up gaining weight in the first place-- I wasn't keeping track and then gained more and more until suddenly my clothes didn't fit and I was 40 lb more. I look back at photos and realize that how I thought I looked in the mirror (I look the same!) wasn't how I actually looked in real life (not the same haha). So definitely I need to keep up that habit to prevent myself from unintentionally slipping.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    June 13

Exercise: Yes, 40 mins slow walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @cjane917 The same thing happened with me -- I gained weight because I wasn't keeping track, and thought I looked okay (I didn't, but I was surrounded by obese people and looked smaller).

Another thing that helps me now: many years ago I quit smoking. I quit when cigarettes began to give me minor health problems. I told myself if anything else made me sick -- eating a particular food, for example -- I would just stop doing it. I decided about the cigarettes that I was neurotic, needed outside help, got it, and quit forever.

I feel about the same way about gaining all that weight. I'm a 5'3' woman. Gaining almost 40 pounds tells me something is not right with my relationship with food. I need to watch myself for a long time so I don't slip back. I can't go back to the habits that made me obese -- living without awareness.

Good luck there and congrats on your achievement!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    June 13
    Pass Day - camping weekend
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2

I wouldn't have been over by a ton, so I was more in control than I was the day before, but the food choices weren't great....a lot of pizza!! I did exercise, so that's something positive!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2.
  • thelovelyjesse
    thelovelyjesse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes B)

Budgeted? Nope - Pass, please!

Track? Yes B)

Rings? Yes B)

Water? Nope
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep! 46 minutes of Pilates legs, and 2 hours of walking the pup.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes! Barely.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep!

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,036 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    💚
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options