Joyful June

Options
124»

Replies

• jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Be kind to you, treat yourself as you would a friend- well this is an especially difficult one for me because thinking about myself and what I want is not something I do often.
    I suppose my current situation is all about me following my heart and changing my life so that I will be happy and no longer horribly depressed. I would tell my friend, you have to follow your heart, it will be very difficult but you can make it through. You deserve to be happy and there's no way that you can go back to the way things were.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @jlperiard @77tes @nebslp @texasgardnr what a joy to read all your posts. Thank you for sharing. It is very inspiring!

June 10-Photo of something that brings you joy. I constantly do that on my phone, taking pics of my walks of birds, trees, even sunshine. I am not able to share now because I am not on my phone right now.

June 11- Positive things to say in conversation. Lately that has been very important to me since I have been dealing with my oldest being furloughed from work and her not feeling happy about it. Trying to help her keep her head up high.

June 13- Nature is a gift. With all that is going on in the world, I am grateful I can enjoy my plants, the lakes on my walks, even the sky during a storm.

June 14- 3 things to do to bring joy to others- I have been making some of my family's favorite dishes, that I do not usually make under normal circumstances just to make them happy and see their smiling faces, planning coffee dates with my daughters, taking my son to volunteer.

June 15- rediscover a childhood activity. I am not that artsy, but I am really adult coloring books. I use to love them as a kids and when I had kids I would buy some for them and always one for me I would keep hidden. Now it has been a life saver, keeping me busy and entertained.

June 16- Asked a loved one what are they grateful at the moment. This one was tough because our lives have changed do drastically and they are all different depending on who you ask: Happy for power and water ( because this was not a natural disaster keeping us home), Happy to get a paycheck, happy not to be in school and testing, happy I get to see my favorite TV shows.

June 17- Be kind to you. I need to continue to make a big effort on this one. I can be my own worst enemy when I am not feeling good. Improve my self talk skills.

June 18- Sending a note to a friend, more of a text now a days but I do take care of those close to me. I am always reaching out.

• jlperiard
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp Thank you so much for your nice comment. I love those adult colouring books too. Thank you for reminding me about that. I will get it out.

June 18: send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement: Well this friend is my sister. Today I found out that she is looking for some mental health help to process her emotions and this is because of what's happening with me and my marital situation. It's affecting her as well because he has been in the picture roughly since she was 10. She's 41 now. I made sure to say I'm sorry for causing this disruption in her life and to thank her for taking me in for 2 weeks when I was kicked out of the house. She was there for me unconditionally. I will help her get through this together.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Good luck @jlperiard . That’s a big step in the right direction. Thanks for sharing as well. Important to end the shame and stigma.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,946 Member
    Options
    June 18 - I wrote areal live snail mail card to my dear daughter who is doing a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to my BIL’s affairs and the emotions in her house. 🤗

June 19 - I started a list of joyful memories- great assignment- just what I needed today. 👌
  • jlperiard
    Options
    Create a list of favourite memories I feel grateful about:
    1. the birth of both my girls
    2. Christmas day with my family
    3. Yearly trips to the cottage
    4. playing games as a family
  • jlperiard
    Options
    Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it:
    1. Today I listened to music and danced around
    2. I played games on my phone
  • 77tes
    Options
    June 20 - we did lots of playful things for my daughter’s birthday. 🎂

June 21 - I enjoyed lots of delicious leftovers from the birthday party. 🎉
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 21- Enjoy trying a new recipe or cooking your favourite food- today I tried a recipe for Braided Wreath Bread from Taste of Home. It turned out very well.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about Joyful June! This was really fun to read! Thanks everyone for your posts.

• 77tes
    Options
    June 22 - I chatted with my daughter about the fun of our fan experiences together.

@jlperiard , your braided wreath bread sounds amazing!
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 22- share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you: Well this is a new person in my life- I told them about what I like to call my happy place- going to the cottage for 2 weeks in the summer. I look forward to going again from the minute I leave.
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 23- Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it- Well I can't believe it happened this way but I am so thankful that a very difficult decision was made for me. I was torn between 2 amazing people and one of them made the difficult decision for me. I made sure to pray to God and thank him for his help and grace.
    June 24- Thank a friend for the joy they bring into your life- Well this is more than a friend but I made sure they know just how special they are and how they make me smile.
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 25- Eat food that makes you feel good and savour it- Well the food that I have been savouring is homegrown strawberries.
    June 26- See the upside in a difficult situation you learnt from- Well this is appropriate given the very difficult situation that I am presently going through. I've come to know myself better. What I need to be happy inside and find my own joy.
  • 77tes
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sorry that I haven't been posting. I've had a bad headache this week.

June 23- Thankful for something where you least expect it. The lockdown and my BIL's problems and passing have made us willing to tackle our old age preparations. Updating our wills, etc.

June 24 - Thank a friend for bringing joy into my life. Thanked my dear daughter for all the joy.

June 25 - Savor healthy foods - I especially enjoyed the blueberries, avocado, peppers, apple, and our homemade hummus! What wonderful foods we have.
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 27- Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh: I watched Big Bang Theory. No matter how many times I watch the episodes, they're still funny.
  • 77tes
    Options
    June 26 Upside of a difficult situation. Pretty much every difficult situation I’ve ever been in has been an important learning experience. Before Christmas someone sneezed right in my husband’s face and our whole family got the flu as a result. However, that was a very instructive experience when COVID-19 arrived. I’m not sure I’d ever have been able to get my husband to wear a mask if he weren’t afraid of getting the rest of the famil.

June 27 - Watch something funny - My husband and I are rewatching Jeeves and Wooster with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. Such fun!
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 28- Create a playlist of your favourite songs and enjoy them- I have created a playlist on Spotify and I have been absolutely loving listening to them with my headphones on, singing out loud while my family laughs at me. LOL
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 29- Take time to do something that makes you happy today- Today I finally got my hair cut and coloured and spoke to a good friend.
  • jlperiard
    Options
    June 30- Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to them:
    1. my girls
    2. my family and friends
    3. being healthy
    4. striving to achieve happiness within myself and conquer depression
    5. my special someone