New to this

Options
liljroe8888
liljroe8888 Posts: 10 Member
kay so hopefully no judgement here so I logged in what I ate today which is less than normal which in my eyes is good considering I’m just learning how to change things around I have to cut back 2,690 calories 😲 With a 3,060 daily amount. So here’s the thing I know I overeat I have a problem with this hence why I’m trying to help myself I’m just realizing how bad I am I’ve never counted calories before or really cared about what I ate but I’m still here and I’m gonna work on it!!!😄

Replies

• MrsSloffee
    MrsSloffee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You just need to take this one day at a time!
    Sometimes, just one meal at a time.
    Wishing you well!!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    kay so hopefully no judgement here so I logged in what I ate today which is less than normal which in my eyes is good considering I’m just learning how to change things around I have to cut back 2,690 calories 😲 With a 3,060 daily amount. So here’s the thing I know I overeat I have a problem with this hence why I’m trying to help myself I’m just realizing how bad I am I’ve never counted calories before or really cared about what I ate but I’m still here and I’m gonna work on it!!!😄

It’s quite the eye opener when you start logging foods on the daily. Even when I feel I’m on point and eating only doctor approved foods I still go over my calorie limits some days.
    It takes dedication and time to form new habits such as logging foods and eating less. 😁 hang in there. Don’t give up.

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is a learning process, so I hope that you don't get down on yourself. Learning takes time. Give yourself plenty of credit for starting the process!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    One day at a time is key! Progress, not perfection.
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.....I have been looking for a binge support group....been in MFP for 7 weeks and have lost 17 lbs. but I'm still vulnerable to binge eating.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi @Ccricfo. Congrats on your 7 week journey! Sometimes just getting through a day can be a challenge, so a commitment of almost two months is great!

Vulnerability to binge eating is not often something that disappears on its own, or maybe ever, for some. The option to binge is often there for those of us who struggle with bingeing. Many of us have to gain tools that work and adjust ways of thinking and practice a lot before we feel that we can confront the vulnerability. It's not really that it goes away but just that we can empower ourselves to deal with it better. This has been my experience and I have heard some similar stories.