New Member Officially Starting Keto Today

Options
Hello everyone! I have been on a low-carb diet for less than a month and my dietitian has approved me to start with nutritional ketosis this morning. Any tips to keep total carbs under 30 grams? I have managed to keep total carbs around 25-40 before. Thank you and I'm anxious/excited to start the keto journey. :)

Replies

• frankiem1207
    frankiem1207 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've found some good recipes on pintrest. I eat spagetti squash, eggs, any type of meats, greens, and I makw pizza out of fatheads almond dough recipe. Cauliflower can be used as substitute for mash pot, and rice. Sugar free jello with strawberries or blueberries mixed in helps with sweet cravings. I usually stay 20 net carbs and under a day.
  • bry8iyze
    bry8iyze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting Keto after falling off the wagon last year. So while not exacly new, I've signed up for Dr. Bergs Keto course and am going through is volumes of videos. I had a precancerous biopsy of my uterus and found out it's directly linked to obesity, body fat makes estrogen even in menopause so it was a big wake up call! I'm determined to stick to it this time!
  • roz_of_2_boys
    roz_of_2_boys Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also doing a reset after being Keto off and on (more on than off) for a few years. Starting a 2 1/2 day fast today to fast-track ketosis and cleanse. I have a number of chronic illnesses: Adrenal fatigue, IBS, IC...jus to name a few and they all go into remission or at least are managed by keto. So here I go - I also hope to meet my weight goal in 2021 after having gone round this bush with the weight loss/gain for 10 years. When I was strict keto I was well on my way but 2020 - in all its glory - put all that weight back on that I'd lost (and I'll blame 2020, because it couldn't have possibly been me! Right? 😂😂😂)
  • GlitteryWarriorQueen
    Options
    I don't know if this is helpful to you, but Leanne Vogel is a Nutrition Educator who specializes in keto, especially geared towards women, taking into account hormonal fluctuations, food sensitivities, and emotional struggles (she has struggled with disordered eating, and her writing comes from a place of healing from that). I have a few of her ebooks, and she also has a website, HealthfulPursuit.com, that you might find useful.