Options
    June 21
    Exercised?: Yes - 20 minute walk
    Calories?: Yes. 1,381
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @lexabeep and @ajdvegan Fantastic photos, full of happiness and the love of nature!
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 330 minutes walking and disinfecting the public areas of my workplace due to the virus.

I slacked off a little on purpose today. I have tomorrow off work and hope I won't be too exhausted to take care of a few things. I feel like one of those cartoon characters somebody peels off the highway.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass days 4/3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @lexabeep and @ajdvegan Thanks for the great photos!!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Woke up at 8 and did a 2-hour walk this morning. Though my left heel is hurting a bit so I might need to cut back some on the daily walks and switch to bike riding instead.
    Also did house cleaning today. Ended with 16k steps.
    Tracked and under.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options

Three yesses for me - I had a really nice (but wet) walk with a friend (and cycled there/back). We'd both thought about cancelling when we saw the weather, but were glad we did it anyway. I still haven't quite worked out my right activity level for MFP/whether to eat exercise calories, so I'm now a bit hungry but not going to eat more right away in case it goes away...
    Three yeses for me today, nearly an hour of yoga this morning and then a beautiful (hilly) walk for an hour and a half with my family this afternoon.
    @fairy_daisy i don’t t know if it’s recommended but I always eat my exercise calories. I don’t think I’d be a very nice person otherwise, I get so hungry!

There is plenty of Message board pinned threads and Responses to Questions on refining this. MFP presumes that you will eat back your exercise calories, as (based on what you chose as general lifestyle and target rate-of-loss per week) it builds in a degree of deficit when picking a daily intake target for you. Some people aren't so sure about the accuracy of the MFP exercise calorie-burn estimates and may only eat back a portion, or else only enter what they consider more accurate burn-readings from other apps or cardio machines or whatever.

The general "rule of thumb strategy" (how ever you arrive at the determination / play with the numbers) can be summed up as "if your weight-trend average is changing at your chosen rate, you have it about right"

If you would be hungry if you didn't regularly eat them, Eat them! If your fitbit (or whatever-source) shows that you very rarely go under a certain level even when you don't get much of an exercise session in - set your MFP "daily activty lifestyle" setting accordingly and don't worry about adding in the exercise logging. I only log my exercise bike if I happen to use it because my (very basic) fitbit doesn't register it as "steps therefore calories burns"
  • shellywesley
    shellywesley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?no
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • russaliak2313
    russaliak2313 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, an hour of cycling.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, under budget.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • thelovelyjesse
    thelovelyjesse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes B)

Budgeted? Yes B)

Track? Yes B)

Rings? Yes B)

Water? I did it!! <3<3<3
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,045 Member
    Options
    Have used up all 3 Pass Days now, so hoping to stay on the straight and narrow the rest of the month!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 20 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, Chinese food for dinner and then what do you know, I felt hungry an hour after eating Chinese food just like they say! :D (probably actually more appetite than hunger... ;) )
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Nope
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes times three.