Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• dhydes2
    dhydes2 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Bostonians,

I'm 26 and a graduate of UMass Boston with my BA in English. I would love to meet some people who live in the city and are losing weight. I joined on 1/3/13 so I definitely need some inspiration.
  • BostonBill99
    BostonBill99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 56 and living North of Boston. I have already lost 100 pounds through diet and exercise, but looking to lose 100+ more. Tha nk you in advance for any encouragement or inspiration you can provide
    Boston Bill
  • VioletDiva
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Violet and moved north of Boston in September but haven't really had the chance to go to the city due to work and grad school. I live in the Haverhill area and currently have a member at the YMCA. I'm planning on starting a Couch to 5K program tomorrow. Anyone want to join the "fun"?
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newest members. I agree with the PP that said this group is not very active- only in the forums I hope ;)

I'd love to see more action in here though.
  • brnkng1974
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is B King. I was a Calvary Scout (19D) with the 1-89th/2nd BCT/10th Mountain Divison. During my second tour in the Kunar province. I was wounded in an IED attack Korengal river. Other then the expected facial and skull lacerations. I suffered severe nerve damage along my spinal cord. Mainly focussed at the base of my skull and my mid-back (T6-T8). After years of intense physical therapy, I have finally reached a point in my life where I can live a normal life. A huge part of my normal,life was physical health. During my rehabilitation I gained 20-25(?)lbs. This might seem like a dramatic amount but I lost a significant amount of my lean muscle mass. Also, my once epic stamina is gone and my cardio is a joke. Smashing the APFT was easy for me. Now, I have to train just to pass it. I am following Dr. Aragon's nutritional program (men's Health) and Steve Smith's fitness regime (Military.com). Since, my discharge I moved back to Boston. I was working out at the physical fitness center at the VA (which is honestly a depressing place). So, now I work out at Planet Fitness. Either the Dorchester or City Hall location. While, I have the strength training locked up, nutrition is a subject I am completely ignorant. I really need guidance on how to decrease my excess fat, yet still get the protein necessary to build lean muscle mass. I am also thinking of trying South Boston Yoga studio. In order to increase my flexibility and back and core strength.
  • knolan12
    knolan12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Kaitlyn, 23, and I live in Brighton. I'm originally from CT and went to Stonehill College. After I graduated, I moved to the city with my friends =)

I pop in and out of here every once in a while, but I need to buckle down and lose some weight!
  • brnidsusn
    brnidsusn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi! I am susan, 43yrs young and live in Saugus. for the first time in my life I am serious about being fit. made good progress this past year but have a long way to go. mfp works! ( when I stopped so did weight loss boo) I go to WOW rt 1 Peabody. love it. taking classes like zumba & yoga but interested in more, I have a trainer, am a new fitbit user, I do weight/strength training and started jogging/running. ( first time ever! never thought I could do it) my goal is a 5k in 6months to a year. would like a gym buddy and/or breakheart ! and of course if anyone wants to add me as a friend that would be awesome. mutual support & encouragement is very helpful.
  • Kitof
    Kitof Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Boston :-)
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just moved here from Chicago (originally I'm from Colorado). Living in Somerville. Cheers!
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • esmchugh
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth and live in Braintree. 2 years ago I started to lose weight and lost a total of 34 lbs! Since my lowest weight I've gained about 15 back (insert huge frown here). Trying to get back to eating well and working out regularly!
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't super active but I'll throw out a hello too- I live in Quincy, by the Milton/Dorchester line. Feel free to add me!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I know this group is not super active anymore, but who knows! I'm Chelsey. I'm from Maine, went to school in Boston, live in Brighton and work in Boston.

If anyone is still active, I'd love to have some more Boston friends on MFP!
    1372665 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ooo not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I'm a college student in the Boston area!
    looking for workout buddies
    feel free to add me :)
  • IvanaBeHealthy
    IvanaBeHealthy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Martha, 55yo lives and works in Downtown Boston. I have a desk job and find it challenging to be more active at work.

I live with my narcissistic, but loveable cat, Hungry Buddy. He has his own Facebook page and can stand to lose a couple of pounds himself. Long term goal is to lose 100+ (Me, not the Cat) Wish me Luck!!

I have great difficulty staying motivated. Ex Chef who loves to cook and dine out.

Cheers.
  • dmorazzini13
    dmorazzini13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I live in Brighton, 135 pounds to lose.

I work in the MFA-Longwood area (mercenary educator), so I get around the city quite a bit each day.

I'm doing my best to lose weight around a schedule that changes every 4 months, has no way to store food during the day, has me working around 65 hours a week, plus I'm navigating around some injuries, as well as food addiction issues (getting support for this).

I'm a former Weight Watchers person (lost 147 pounds between 2009-2010, gained almost all of it back in the last 4 years), former Yoga practitioner (too many injuries and too heavy now to practice).

I love Museums, Seafood, Croissants, Blues and Rock n Roll music, the North End, Used Book Stores, Gothic Literature, Existentialist Philosophy, and wandering around New England.

Looking forward to sharing my journey and learning from yours as well.
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I grew up in upstate NY but went to Berklee College of Music in Boston and lived there many years after. I consider Boston my home because it was the one place I felt proud living in and being a part of. Huge Red Sox and Pats fan, although it breaks the hearts of my family and friends in NY :p Live in Central Florida now but always think of Boston as home <3
  • slay_belle80
    slay_belle80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Izzy and I live in Dorchester. I will be 40 in June and am a mom of three. Trying to improve my health by incorporating more fitness and healthy eating into my lifestyle. I am vegetarian curious and have made small steps to eat more plant based foods. Add me as a friend!
  • timrempe
    timrempe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Live in Arlmont and looking to lose some weight during this pandemic.