Like Minded Lushes - Spring/Summer 2020

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    How's everyone doing?

All good here. Weather cooled down so windows have been open and we've been able to exercise outdoors. We probably only have about another week of that before it'll get too hot so we're enjoying it while we can.

Hoping the son will make the trip from San Diego for Father's day/husband's bday. We'll see how things are going.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    We are doing well. Last weekend a few of our family members went to my follks house for mother's day and visited with them. We all brought chairs and sat outside on the parking area. Kept our distance, no hugging etc. It was good to see everyone. Syd, I hope it works out for your son to visit, nothing like having our loved ones in the same room!
  • SoCalWoman
    Got to see my son finally!! Woohoo.

Hope everyone is well
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Just getting caught up, Gary, glad you are ok and sorry about your wife's cousin. I was just hearing about how bladder infections can kill you if the infection goes to your blood, sepsis. I had a bladder infection in April but I got it treated just fine.
    Glad your son could come, Syd.
    I am in San Francisco and we have been pretty well hunkered down for the duration. I drank a lot more at first but now I am shooting for 3 non-drinking days each week.
    I ordered wine-Bright cellars and Naked wines, I think they are both pretty good and Bright cellars offers cheese sometimes too, they sent it to my mom for Father's Day too, which was nice. If anyone is interested let me know, I have codes that can save some money, both are pretty good deals and delivery can't be beat.
    We've done a virtual brew fest too, they delivered 10 beers for $40 and a link to a youtube video with brewers talking about the beer and some musical performances and even comedy, it was kinda fun, so we signed up for the zoo brewfest to benefit a zoo and same deal, with hopefully some animal cams. That's July 11.
    Both my husband and I work from home and this apartment was not rented with that in mind but we take turns living room/spare room.
    I try to get out and walk. My office does a Skype 15 minute workout, it's just a random selection of exercises we do, switching it up every minute-plank, situps, squats, lunges, burpees. I think it's helping though cuz I can do a plank for a minute now which I used to rest, and I can do two real pushups.
    Watching a lot of tv too...
  • SoCalWoman
    edited June 2020
    Hi Amy! Good to hear from you. I've been impressed with how San Francisco has been handling things and it sounds like you're making the best of things with your fun virtual events.

Our county is on the state's watch list. We've taken on some patients from neighboring counties (Imperial is a mess) and we also have prison and nursing home concerns. Husband and I haven't gone out except for a handful of takeout orders and a once every 2 week grocery store visit for the few items we don't get delivered. Our club opened and then closed after someone tested positive. We do use the smaller pool across the street from us. We rarely see anyone else there. It's cleaned 4x/week.
    I've dusted off my old DVD workouts. I'm getting in some sweat equity about 4-5 x/week. I'm still drinking my red wine nightly with occasional dates with Mr. Tito's vodka.
    With temps over 100 it's pretty easy to hunker down! We miss the travel plans we had for this time of year, but we're thankful for our new place and our health <3
    Stay well lushes! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Hi all!
    Very quiet around here, hopefully everyone is staying safe!

Found out recently my daughter is pregnant, due in January 2021.
    Her and her fiancee are very excited, I am too but I am also very concerned due to Covid. Feel like this is not an ideal time to be having a baby but it's a little late now! :# But on the plus side, new baby - yay! <3

Starting a super intense weight training program tomorrow, need to mix things up a bit. Barely been drinking lately so I figure I might as well take advantage and try a new workout.
    Stay safe lushes!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Hey Grandma, congrats!!! That's very exciting. Is this your 1st grandchild? My niece is expecting at the end of the month and she's scared. She's a teacher too, so obviously there's concerns about when/if she goes back to the classroom. A lot of uncertainties for everyone these days. But babies are always a great reminder of what's really important :)

Unfortunately, we're back to square 1 here in California after doing so well to flatten the curve initially. It's sad people can't just follow the guidelines.

Good luck on your new workout program! I swam today and am still doing my exercise DVDs. Its 110 degrees here so not much else we can do!! We finally had a huge dining room table that came with our house taken away so I can now decorate our den/office. Got a desk which turned out great. Need a couple chairs, small couch, a rug, some artwork to finish it all up. I'm doing it all online so it's a fun but slow project. Hoping it keeps me busy through August when the temps will become more bearable and we can enjoy being out in our neighborhood.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! I'm still drinking. The lush card very much active :drinker:
  • amysj303
    The virtual brewfest was good. I liked the beers! I had a couple of weeks where I got three 0s but last week only 2 and now this week will see. Hubs opened a bottle of wine last night and then tonight I am celebrating a work report getting approved-yah, made a marg!
    Tomorrow is Friday so I probably will drink...
    That's fun about decorating your space, Syd, but with all online it would be hard and things might look different when you get them in the space, but that's always going to be a problem. These days there's pinterest and so much online inspiration!
    Congrats amcanzo! My friend gave birth 11 weeks early today! She had an emergency appendectomy last week and that went ok but she went into labor after an MRI. Baby is 3.5# and breathing on her own so hopefully everything will be ok :)
  • ryzeman
    Just catching up on the thread, it looks as if everyone is plugging along.
    Syd, so glad you got to see your son! I think not being able to physically see your loved ones is the hardest part of this pandemic. :/

Ann- How wonderful! <3 By the time your grand baby arrives this covid thing should have run its course. So happy for you!

Amy- a virtual brewfest sounds fun! I used to brew my own beers. Had a blast doing it. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    x1pdhcnr80rv.jpg

I'm a great auntie again!
  • SoCalWoman
    Hopefully I'll be able to hug these 2 at some point!!

hhdcscb2a4hj.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Syd, how adorable! Hoping you will be able to snuggle with them SOON! <3
  • amysj303
    So cute! Been lucky to get one no drinking day each week. I decided beer and popcorn on Sunday is a beloved ritual;)
    Simple things...
    Also celebrated paying of my student loan, woo hoo!
  • ryzeman
    Way to go Amy! Beloved rituals are what keep us motivated! Also congrats on paying off your student loan, no small feat in this economy... B)
  • amcanzo
    Syd - Awwwwww, adorable! And back to the question about the grandbaby - it's complicated! My daughter had a baby 6 years ago but was only 21 at the time, not established in a job or relationship so she went the route of adoption. Her and the adoptive parents chose to have an open adoption, meaning we still get to see Mackenzie on a semi-regular basis. Her parents are fabulous people and Alyssa couldn't possibly have chosen better. Additionally, my step-daughter is engaged to a man that has a 6 year old daughter that we see fairly regularly, so like I said - complicated!

Amy - Congrats on paying off the student loan!! WooHoo!!

Stay safe lushes! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited August 2020
    What a wonderful, modern family you have! Let your daughter know that my niece's birthing experience was smooth...she and her husband had to wear masks the entire time but they said it wasn't bothersome at all. Hospitals seem to have all the safeguards in place and everything went smoothly. How's she feeling? Any gender reveal?

August has brought thunderstorms and humidity to the desert so with temps at 110 it's pretty unbearable. Our pool is no longer refreshing so we're pretty much housebound. We're ready for fall.
    Trying to keep up with indoor workouts. Could be doing better but so far the weight has not changed.
    Hope you're all doing well!
    :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Syd - That is good to know about your niece, I will definitely pass that along. Alyssa's fiancee is only allowed to attend one doctor's appt with her due to the whole Covid thing, so he is going next Friday which is when they will find out the sex of the baby. That night we will be going to her house along with Ryan's parents to find out the gender :)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited September 2020
    So, boy or girl?

Not sure if you've heard but California (Oregon and Washington too) is on fire. One of the fires near us was started by a gender reveal baby shower. The colored explosion ignited the very dry grass. Very sad.

Hope you're safe, Gary. Amy, the bay area air has been horrific. Hope all's ok with you. Our air quality improved yesterday thanks to a shift in the winds but it's been bad. Good news is we had our temps go below 100 for the 1st time since June 29th. I did it...I survived my 1st summer in the desert!!! :p

fc2l4p6xznle.jpg
  • amcanzo
    Those fires are crazy! I can't believe how bad they have been this year - been thinking about you guys over there on the west coast - stay safe!! Scary stuff!!

And it's a...
    sxeihu09zbp6.jpeg

Yay! Girl!!
    Very excited :) (our gender reveal was very safe, no pyrotechnics here! and social distancing too! :):) )
  • SoCalWoman
    Yay! Congrats <3