Introductions

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the August 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Hi Everyone Time to kick it in gear and get my food diary together. Good luck and choices in August!
  • motis6824
    motis6824 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Everyone - it's a pleasure to join ranks with you! I've been hearing about the UAC and felt ready to see the difference this kind of accountability generates. My hope is that it will increase my focus and encourage me!

I'm a 31 year old woman who is a follower of Jesus Christ. At His side I will triumph over destructive eating - I know this because he's given me freedom from several other addictions. I'm a single woman with no children who lives in White Bear Lake, MN. I have a 20 year old cat who I affectionately call 'old goat'. I work full time as a scientist at a pharmaceutical company. I have a significant amount of weight to lose, but I am not daunted. Just like everything else, one day at a time is the way.

One logistics question for whoever can answer: where do I post my daily results. It appears that there is a different forum for each day?
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    I’m back. July was birthday month and involved too much sugar but at least there was plenty of exercise. I live in South Africa and am loving the warmer winter which allows me to swim in the sea and jump in with my seals regularly. Yip, I said seals! I’m a zookeeper who gets to play with seals, spiders, snakes and penguins. Work is great at the moment as there are no visitors and we work shifts of 4 days on, 8 days off. Leaving me plenty of time to train jiu jitsu (a grappling martial art). I can only train with my little group of 5 but it’s better than last year when I wasn’t able to train at all thanks to a broken arm, kidney donation and some shoulder issues. I’m about 7 kgs from my goal but getting there slowly as I’m still building back strength from my year off. Happy to be healthy in this crazy pandemic year.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    motis6824 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone - it's a pleasure to join ranks with you! I've been hearing about the UAC and felt ready to see the difference this kind of accountability generates. My hope is that it will increase my focus and encourage me!

I'm a 31 year old woman who is a follower of Jesus Christ. At His side I will triumph over destructive eating - I know this because he's given me freedom from several other addictions. I'm a single woman with no children who lives in White Bear Lake, MN. I have a 20 year old cat who I affectionately call 'old goat'. I work full time as a scientist at a pharmaceutical company. I have a significant amount of weight to lose, but I am not daunted. Just like everything else, one day at a time is the way.

One logistics question for whoever can answer: where do I post my daily results. It appears that there is a different forum for each day?

The daily pages are for check-ins where you answer the 3 questions to the level of detail you prefer (as we get going you will see a wiiiiiddde variety of styles.) The rules are flexible enough that you could post three-at-a-go if that is more your style than every day ... but it gets fun and interesting to see how others are doing and there is always an interesting "conversation starter" or info point at the very top. This also makes it easier to scroll through looking for your own icon if you were wondering "DID i post, or not??"

For more sustained conversations, requests for ideas or "this neat thing happened" (so that you don't have to try to remember WHICH day it was) ... there is also a month-long "What's On Your Mind Today?" thread.
  • motis6824
    motis6824 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks so much for your response @BMcC9 - I appreciate you showing me the ropes! Sounds like the group's experience over time really contributed to a successful format. :) I am eager to be a part of it!
  • hellybelle88
    hellybelle88 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I'm Helly from Australia. Been tracking Calories for about a month now so thought why not join a challenge. Started running and learnt to swim last year and now adding calisthenics to my workouts building up to a proper push up hopefully soon. It is never too late to learn something new and start anything at the beginning. Keen to lose 15kg lost 2-3kg depending on the day so far. Happy Tracking 🤗
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Greetings, all! Welcome to everyone who is new, and I’m glad to be virtually hanging out with the other repeat offenders. :lol:

I wasn’t going to join this month, simply because while the change in my job scope does get my exercise knocked out beyond twenty minutes a day? I am no longer afforded much desk time these days, so logging really has become challenging for me. Obviously, I’m here, and the reason is twofold; one is that I’d probably fall completely off the logging wagon without a goal to shoot for, and the other is that I’m hoping to be flying a desk again within the next 2-3 weeks because I’m job hunting. :grin:

I had only 9 pounds to go before I reached my weight goal, but thinking I’d like to drop that by another five pounds, so 14 left, it is.

My husband and I are empty nesters with four grown kids between the two of us, have just adopted three beautiful feral kittens and have six elderly papillon dogs and a 15 y/o rescue mutt that we are spoiling so that they enjoy their golden years.

As always, glad to be here!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    DH and i are empty nesters (one son, lives in another part of the same town) no pets at this time (maaaaayyyybe another dog eventually. Leaving it to when DH is ready for a next-one). I fly a desk (off-site till further notice) when I'm not in the Records Room (no need to go there at the moment, so no operational need to be physically "on-site" at all. This suits me just fine as I am nearly 62 (come October) and have 2 chronic-but-well-controled respiratory issues that you would never know I have. Another 3.5 years (yes, I AM counting) till retirement.

I re-joined UAC this March, just before "Canada Shut Down". By April I was back at stabiliation / maintenance, and have successfully remained there ever since. So 4 months so far. I now know better than to leave here having achieved that milestone (note: NOT "finish-line")

Y'all are my virtual social network, and I love to know how you are doing in all your various parts of the world with varying situations.
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 502 Member
    Hi everyone, this is my first month here. I'm a 50 something yo woman (I quit counting). I am looking forward to some added motivation to account for what I eat/drink and exercise. Thanks for putting this together.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, I’m a 43 year old woman with three teenaged boys. I have been back to work for a while but am still managing to keep up my walking goals so far. I am just over half way through my weight loss. I have 40 -ish pounds left to go. This is my first month doing this challenge and I’m really excited !