The dangers of being ahead in the calorie count

Options
paulcaesar67
paulcaesar67 Posts: 45 Member
I walked 8 km this morning and 6.5km this afternoon now I find myself in the familiar position at 330pm of still having 1900 calories room to eat.

This happens to me often where I think I am going to have an awesome calorie differential but then in the evening I get ravenously hungry and undo all my hard work.

Any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    If you need to eat back your calories, eat them back.

Try looking at the calories, and eating back half of them. Half of 1900 is 850, and that's a nice big solid meal, so you could either have a lush dinner or try breaking the 850 up on your remaining meals, or indulging in something like ice cream in the evening. That way you don't eat 5000 calories at midnight because you got ravenous. Having 850 calories left over, without a binge, is pretty awesome, too.

There's nothing wrong with being hungry, but when you let it go past hunger into being ravenous you have a real problem because you can't make good food decisions in that state, and you tend to eat too much. (Well, I do.) I learned that I have to have a bedtime snack of at least 100-150 calories or I was unable to fall asleep and was too hungry to eat a small breakfast in the morning.
  • leelee_lani
    leelee_lani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat my biggest meal at lunch with largest calorie intake. That way I have just enough calories left for a decent dinner and maybe a small bedtime snack. If I get hungry at night sometimes I do a protein powder mixed with a large glass of water to make me feel full. I also readjusted my goal to 1.5 lb/week instead of 2/we weight loss instead which was more realistic for me and left me less hungry.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I walked 8 km this morning and 6.5km this afternoon now I find myself in the familiar position at 330pm of still having 1900 calories room to eat.

This happens to me often where I think I am going to have an awesome calorie differential but then in the evening I get ravenously hungry and undo all my hard work.

Any advice would be appreciated

I have the same issue I get extremely hungry in the evening what I do find helps is protein shakes and boiled eggs.