How is the 5:2 going for you?

Options
jacquelinaaa706
jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
I am starting my 5:2 today and I was just wondering how it has been going for those of you that have been doing it for a couple of weeks?

Replies

• kat911
    kat911 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. How has it been for you?
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What do eat on 500 calories days?
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I’m doing a different version of IF. I eat for 8 hours then fast for 16. Anyone doing that as well?
  • pcolestock
    pcolestock Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Joy, that is the IF I am doing too. Had never heard of 5:2 until today. I’ve been doing 16:8 for 2 weeks (every day), have lost 4 lbs so far. I’m liking it. Don’t feel deprived and my appetite has decreased too. Hardest time for me is after 8pm which was my bad habit of eating late at night.
  • reese1968
    reese1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started 5:2 today. I’ll probably settle in at around 650 calories And work my down to 500. Lunch will be two hard boiled eggs and maybe a small handful of almonds
  • reese1968
    reese1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried 16:8/15:7 for 6 weeks with little weight loss success. Im trying to lose about 5-7 pounds.
  • sruv
    sruv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 this week, Thursday. It went really well. I didn't feel hungry until the evening (and right before heading out to swim for 45 minutes), so ate my dinner (shrimp) early. This did fill me up. Saw I had some carbs left over, so chose to eat 1/4 c of oatmeal over 4 pretzels (would have wanted way more!) and felt satisfied. I put in macros for 30 carb 40 protein 30 fat. I'm trying to stick to around 1200 calories for non fast days, but am not going to track. Best thing is that I am feeling more mindful of food choices 2 days later. Hoping I can keep this up, because this plan seems to make sense and won't be crazy hard to follow.
  • sruv
    Options
    I'd love to hear from some more people trying 5:2. What are some of your go to food choices?
    I'm trying to make sure I get in veggies, so adding in broccoli and cherry tomatoes. Shrimp seems to be a good choice - fills me up and low in calories. Greek yogurt 120 calories (Chobani Greek, less sugar) is another go to.
  • sruv
    Options
    Any 5.2 people out there? I'd love to keep this group going.
  • Lwayne
    Lwayne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hoping this group is still going. I started 5:2 at the end of Oct 2020 and have had steady results (10 lbs down) for the first time in many years. My eating plan is:
    Mon/Thu: 300 cal (fast days)
    Tu/Fri/Sat, 1200 (post-fast days)
    Sun/Wed, 500 (pre-fast days)
    Focusing is on protein and low carb.

I tried 16:8 and other IF options without success. I have learned to weather the scale bumping up during the week, sometimes 2 lbs, understanding that it is mostly water retention. The fasting days help me stay in-check on the high days as I am more highly aware of portions and BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes). I know how quickly the calories add up.

Here's a typical fast day for me:
    Lunch - microwave scrambled egg with salsa (90 calories)
    Dinner - homemade chicken soup: broth, chicken, green veggie, and a dash of parmesan (120 calories)
    Snack before bed (I can't sleep if I am hungry) 1/2 cup 2% greek yogurt (85 calories).

I also exercise daily - usually a 3-5 mile walk with hills.

What's working for you? Strategies? Exercise? Meal ideas?
  • Lwayne
    Lwayne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oops - meant that I started late September, not October, 2020. Good to know that you can't edit your posts!