Any geek or nerd low carbers?

Options
dmhaag
dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
Hi all!
I work in software development, play D&D weekly with my husband and a local group, went to cons before covid, am a huge LOTR and Harry Potter fan, and an occasional rpg gamer (skyrim, dragon age, assassins creed, etc). I am looking for friends that share similar interests.
I have been off low carb for a while, but previously lost 70 lbs on 50 net carbs a day. My husband was recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes and initiated the change in eating this time around, so hopefully it will be easier to stay on plan with a purpose behind it. We haven't made it down to 50 yet, but we're pretty consistently staying around 75 net a day.
Happy Monday and have a great week!

Replies

• sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I play puzzle pirates, does it count?
    I played zork and AD&D as they developed. I work in mental health.
    Low carb, losing weight ok, only 3.5 kilo to go .
  • dmhaag
    Options
    Haha puzzle pirates looks fun. Now I'll have to check it out. I'll send you a friend request!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty damned nerdy. But in a very different way. SALUTE! Hop the bump helps you find your tribe.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's MMORPGs for me although the game I play is so old the word Massively doesn't really apply. I don't work in the computer industry (I'm a teacher) and I don't do Keto although I do usually keep my carb number under 100. Do I meet the criteria?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My husband of 20 years and I met on an online text-based RPG (MUD) based on the Wheel of Time. We used to tabletop D&D, including the Wot variant, a separate Call of Cthulu based tabletop game and something that involved being mutants, like X-Men. I play Civ, Minecraft and Settlers of Catan (we own 4 different expansion packs). I think Indiana Jones is epic and the Princess Bride and Robin Hood "Men in Tights" are timeless classics I will watch with any provocation at all. I read fantasy and sci-fi of all flavors, alternate history, dabble is stuff that could be called paranormal (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files). I am also a hardcore hockey fan and enjoy college football.

I have 4 mostly grown kids, and am a registered nurse.
  • dmhaag
    Options
    @PennycillinEQ and @nicsflyingcircus I sent you both a request! I am actuality on book 5 of the Wheel of Time now. It's one series I started late. And The Princess Bride is one of my favorite underrated movies. Penny, what MMORPG do you play? I started with Everquest in the early 2000s.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I play Everquest :) . I played from 1999-2005 then started up again on one of the new progression servers 4 years ago. It's still fun, but not the same. Much more content but so few players compared to the old days. I'm also a Princess Bride fan, Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) is my favorite character. You killed my father, prepare to die!
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    True Love is the greatest thing in the world except a good MLT when the mutton is nice and lean...