Starting again..

I always have this "All-Or-Nothing" thinking. And every time I cheat a little, I'm like "Screw it! I'll start again tomorrow!" I am also really impatient and it KILLS my motivation everytime. I want to be motivated and I want to drop those extra pounds. Any advice? 😫

Replies

• jothedog
    jothedog Posts: 28 Member
    I am so the same- all or nothing ! If I have a bad day it tends to go to a bad week. Trying to stay motivated is the key good day good week x
  • Freetobeme5
    Freetobeme5 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m in the same boat. I do well for a few days even weeks then I give in to an unhealthy snack like a cookie or ice cream. I want more and buy more junk and sometimes I do it for weeks then I feel sick and return to healthy eating. I am working toward forgiving myself for slip ups and getting back on track right away. It’s difficult to do when I get that craving for more junk food, I need to distract myself before going on a binge.
    Please add me as a friend want more support in this journey.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Oooooooo yes that's me to a capital T I slip a lil or have a bad day and I say Chuck it. Let's just forget today with an extra bowl of ice cream!! Then another!! 1 more maybe just for good measure!! Ugh the cycle is real. It's a freaky deaky circle!!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    All-or-nothing thinking is common -- so common! -- among us. Overcoming it takes practice, and maybe setting micro-goals. Just being aware of this aspect of yourself is a huge asset to help you to overcome it.

For me, I have noticed a change -- a slow change! -- in moving toward some middle-ground thinking. Like, if I have a cookie Thanksgiving morning (guilty as charged), then that does not mean that I need to eat the pie for dinner. It doens't mean that my whole day is blown. I can recover and I can still find "moderate" ground. It just takes a lot of practice to show yourself that you can do it.