Calorie Counter

Message Boards Groups Fitbit Users
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

FAQ - Syncing, logging food & exercise, calorie adjustments, activity levels, accuracy

1222324252628»

Replies

• heybalesheybales Member Posts: 18,049 Member Member Posts: 18,049 Member
    I've seen app updates cause, and sometimes for no reason the same effect - the MFP app setting for Step Source no longer says Fitbit.

The meal totals or MFP workouts still show up in Fitbit with this wrong, but it means the Fitbit data sent over won't be applied to MFP account.

Could that be it?

You might confirm it's correct on app, perhaps toggle it if it appears right, but then also log out of MFP app, and close it.
    And then tackle that setting through online account.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

If MFP items really are going to Fitbit showing the link is there, then change the setting to the effect that seems to be going on - None.
    Then put it back to Fitbit.

Outside that, I had issue once MFP tech support said were non-matching timezones, though both sides said the same visually, but not apparently in the sync packets coming from Fitbit.
  • WinoGelatoWinoGelato Member Posts: 13,458 Member Member Posts: 13,458 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    I've seen app updates cause, and sometimes for no reason the same effect - the MFP app setting for Step Source no longer says Fitbit.

The meal totals or MFP workouts still show up in Fitbit with this wrong, but it means the Fitbit data sent over won't be applied to MFP account.

Could that be it?

You might confirm it's correct on app, perhaps toggle it if it appears right, but then also log out of MFP app, and close it.
    And then tackle that setting through online account.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

If MFP items really are going to Fitbit showing the link is there, then change the setting to the effect that seems to be going on - None.
    Then put it back to Fitbit.

Outside that, I had issue once MFP tech support said were non-matching timezones, though both sides said the same visually, but not apparently in the sync packets coming from Fitbit.

You’re a wizard! That seemed to be it. I had noticed that instead of listing FitBit on my step tracking on the front page it was saying something else but I didn’t clue into it. When I went to the link you posted it had Map My ... selected and not FitBit.

Switched those up and it’s now showing my FitBit step count for today. I guess all the calorie adjustments will come back into play as well?

so13be5qwmb7.png

Thanks so much!
    Adjustments should be back. Not sure what happens today with partial info.
  • waynewilder71waynewilder71 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I have uninstalled, reinstalled, resync and fitbit does not update past the very initial link. Any help?
    This is a sticky FAQ topic actually, not troubleshooting - because the audience is limited to those that happen to notice a new post that is not in main area.

Be best to create a new topic, and be specific as to what does and does not work.
    And specific to Fitbit to fitbit app, or Fitbit to MFP account, or MFP to Fitbit account.