Trying to find a way to manage night sweats ><.

Been having a really hard time which has put the kibosh on any excercising lately ><

I've been having horrible night sweats >< This is robbing me of sleep and I may be finding a new gyno soon since she was hung up on some fibroids I have and said I needed a sleep study instead of offering help. ><

Besides the usual, is there any remedies I can try that won't cost a lot? I have a fan. I've reduced my bedclothes. I've been drinking ice water. Thing is I don't have a lot of money so that's not making this easy.

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,274 Member
    I'd say make sure you aren't drinking any alcohol. When I drink even a single glass of wine, my night sweats come on with a vengeance!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    I started taking Nature's Way/Enzymatic Therapy brand of AM/PM Perimenopause Formula ... I found it at my local Whole Foods as well as Amazon. It took about a week but I started noticing a difference. My hot flashes are greatly reduced and I can sleep with my huggie pillow again without sweating.

Here is the copied ingredient list: Sodium 5, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract standardized to contain 35 mg caffeine 250, Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) Root Extract standardized to contain 3% rosavins and 1% salidroside 205, Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus) Berry Extract standardized to contain 0.5% agnusides 40, Black Cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) Root and Rhizome Extract standardized to contain 2.5% triterpene glycosides calculated as 27-deoxyactein 20, Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) Root Extract standardized to contain
  • ambridget2
    ambridget2 Posts: 30 Member
    I use CBD oil, black cohosh, and Maca Root....finally hot flash free! I stopped CBD for a week and they came back so I know CBD helps a great deal.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I take Estroven (Costco) . The dosage is one pill a day but I have noticed that I now need 2 pills a day. Like some others have said refrain from alcohol. When I drink it triggers night sweats really bad.

Exercise and healthy diet helps me tons.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    A lot of people like evening primrose oil. I take valerian at night just so I can get some sleep. I lost a bunch of weight and now even with HRT the hot flashes are back because losing fat cut my estrogen levels. BLARGH
  • BeautyNBriefcase
    BeautyNBriefcase Posts: 38 Member
    Good afternoon. i just turned 50 a few days ago and feel like i have a new lease on life. Getting older doesn't mean we are that. Instead we are wiser. I started taking Female Factor couple months ago. It has horny goat week and hawthorn berries. it really helps me. I also take VITEX in the morning. Looking forward to conversations and support to lose the weight, fat and enjoy my next decade! <3
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I take Estroven (Costco) . The dosage is one pill a day but I have noticed that I now need 2 pills a day. Like some others have said refrain from alcohol. When I drink it triggers night sweats really bad.

Exercise and healthy diet helps me tons.
    Estroven gives me nausea, alas.

I use CBD, some THC, and a thin thin blanket.