Down 40 lbs and Looking for Friends!

Options
alisampm
alisampm Posts: 182 Member
edited August 2020 in Social Groups
1fmq61t7bkry.jpg

I am finally down 40 pounds! It's been a journey! I have 60 more to get to the 100 pound mark, which would put me in a healthy place, but most likely not my final resting point.

My in real life friends and family are great, but haven't walked this road and don't really "get" what's helpful and what's not. Mostly the fallback is not saying anything at all, when I gained they didn't say anything and when I lost they haven't said anything. I have some amazing support on here from my current friends, but I would love to add some more friends, as I know just how important the day in and day out support and encouragement is from people who are on similar roads! If you agree, add me and let's support each other as we continue on this journey!

**And if YOU want more friends, add yourself in the comments and let people know to add you too!

Replies

• Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Alisa:

I am already one of your friends but I did want to congratulate you on such an accomplishment!

Chris
  • alisampm
    Options
    Ccricfo wrote: »
    Hi Alisa:

I am already one of your friends but I did want to congratulate you on such an accomplishment!

Chris

Thanks Chris - I am glad we are friends! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!...please friend request me!...would love to take this journey with you!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    You've done fantastic and deserve to be very proud of yourself!

I think we're already friends on MFP, but if not, shoot me a request :)
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i didnt read it properly and sent you a request :-)
  • BekkahNP
    BekkahNP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats I sent you a FR. I know it's difficult - sometimes you just want to hear a little word of encouragement from those closest....
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @alisampm - you are looking great! The 40 pound loss is significant and it shows! I hope you can see it too. The change in your neck and face is really pronounced and you are just smaller all the way around.

Back when I had lost 40 pounds, I was changing the 5 gallon water jug at work. I realized that the heavy water jug I was carrying weighed about the same as what I had lost. It was eye opening - how had I managed to carry that weight around all day, every day? It gave me some respect for how strong I had been, but and also grateful that I no longer had to carry that burden.

You can do this! It's not easy, but I hope you are already finding that the longer you stick with it, the easier it gets. And you are right, having the support of friends is really helpful.

That is one downside to my weight loss; I've really noticed lately just how much weaker I've gotten since I lost weight, especially lately. :frowning:
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    52 pounds is amazing ! I feel like I'll never get there ! I'm at 24.5 right now !
  • ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am at 23lbs, too soon to notice any difference, but heading in the right direction, needed some new motivation today, so thanks. great job
  • alisampm
    Options
    ntw250 wrote: »
    Well done, I am at 23lbs, too soon to notice any difference, but heading in the right direction, needed some new motivation today, so thanks. great job

It really is just one day at a time. Glad to meet you!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I’d love to be friends. I’m slow and steady. I did not take a before pic because I felt gross about myself. But even though I’ve only lost 17 lbs my mental health is better.

I’m going to take a before pic today since now I believe there will be an after.

Nice work and nice to meet you!
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ps. I don’t know how to edit my post above but if any large loser would like to add me as a friend I’d be overjoyed.
  • alisampm
    Options
    Ps. I don’t know how to edit my post above but if any large loser would like to add me as a friend I’d be overjoyed.

Added. Excited to be on the journey with you! Take that before picture. You don’t have to show it to anyone until you’re ready. ❤️
  • shannyo
    shannyo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes add me please! I am down 30 but 90 to go
  • alisampm
    Options
    ❤️❤️