edited August 2020 in Social Groups
Okay, i'm 50 days in, and have 21.4 pounds left to go! Starting a new thread:

Short Goal 30 pounds
To Go: 21.4 pounds

Replies

• sharonarkoff
    sharonarkoff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'll join in on this, BB. I don't know if I can lose 7 lbs a month, since it's taken me 6 months to lose 10 lbs, but, let's aim high. Are you just using MFP for tracking calories, or do you have other apps/techniques? I'm finding that WW and MFP are pretty close, in what they want you to eat each day, so I'm tracking using both.
  • Snowdenfarm1
    Snowdenfarm1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Buffy! I am in to reach my target by January 1!
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Short goal: 25 lbs
    To go: 25
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm just using MFP to track calories - set your goal however you like and lets getter done! I have stalled the last two weeks, my weight has been the same every day, to the point i was starting to think the battery needed replaced. No foolies even the decimal didn't move - today it finally DID move so i'm back!

Short Goal: 30 pounds
    To Go: 21.3

Lets DO IT!!
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Well, I lost a pound. We'll take it. I think I'll start weighing myself daily, vs. weekly, for motivation/daily accountability.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Finally made some progress this week, unfortunately tied to some stress as my old retired lady had a bad day that threw me off my feed. She's 24 and presented like she had a TIA or maybe Hypokalemia, but all her bloodwoek came back normal and she seems entirely fine now, so a bit of a mystery. She would like me to STOP checking on her 5x a day though haha!

Short goal: 30
    To go: 16.3
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    I do weigh daily for the most part. I occasionally forget, and occasionally intentionally skip if I know I overdid sodium the night before and don't want to know, but I would guess I weigh myself 27/30 days. I just thought weekly checking here would be plenty, for me at least. If you want to check in daily please do!
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    I took the week off from WW/MFP. I just got tired of being so careful and getting decent exercise, and only getting a pound a week (if that). I'll start back up, and with daily weighing this week...

On the other hand, the fella and I have had a couple really nice rides. It is amazing how he responds, mentally and physically, to regular work. I am in awe of my smart, sweet, handsome fella.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    BB, how is your retired mare? Any more episodes?
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    I keep forgetting to weigh in the morning, i'll post as soon as i remember! (My wife is a health-care worker, and one of her co-workers has been exposed, so i'm sleeping in the basement for the 2 week quarantine period just in case.)

The mare seems fine - in fact we had a major weather change yesterday (it was 70 in the morning, 40 by evening, and was in the 90s on Monday) and she was playing like a fool! Pirouettes and bucks and rearing and kicking and snorting, made me laugh!

The vet said that the good thing about TIA in horses is that they don't seem to be progressive - if she has them she'll need support, but it's not that they're leading to a bigger event or anything. We just need to be vigilant and get her away from the other horse while she recovers, and make sure she can eat and drink easily. Which is hard anyway because she's very prone to choke. I'm so lucky she lives in my back yard and i can check on her 8x daily!
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Short Goal: 30
    To GO: 16.1

No real progress for the last two weeks, but i haven't gone backward so i'm going to call it a win anyway! I have seen a few days where i was down lower, and i DID have nachos for dinner last night (so salty so good) so this may be water weight, but i'll take it anyway! Slow and steady wins the race and all that. How's everyone else doing?
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    I'm still on vacation from restrictive -- ie, appropriate -- eating, so I'm not getting on the scale. :-) I think it's just hard to realize that eating for weight loss and maintenance is always going to mean that food can only be allowed a small role in the day. :-) But, done it before; can do it again. Will be so nice to feel lighter on my feet, and lighter on my horse's back, when the weight does come off. BB, it's definitely progress that you haven't gone backward -- your body is probably just adjusting to your previous progress. DO NOT GIVE Up! :-)
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    To Go: 14.7

Slow and steady wins the race and all, but MAN this is going slowly! I suppose progress is progress! AND i rode this week! This summer has been kind of a comedy of errors with riding, any time it's been dry enough to ride, the horse has been off, or needs a trim, or both. But he just got a trim, and i gave up and had shoes put on front so he's comfy, and he's quite annoyed at having to work, but i'm not!
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    To Go: 14.1

I was lower than this on Monday and Tuesday, but had a couple of sick days off and didn't get online to post, so this is where i am today. Slow & Steady man, Slow & Steady!

Oh, and a Non-Scale Victory (of sorts). My pajama bottoms have gotten looser, to the point that the tag moves around enough to irritate my back - so i'm having to stop wearing that pair! Yay me! Also rode and ground drove my horse several times before i got sick, and he's doing very well considering all the time off he's had. YAY.
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    To Go: 13.4

I lost back some of what i had previously lost and regained last week - it was likely mostly salt anyway but it's gone now so yay!

Softly, Softly, Catchee Monkey.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    BB, you are so damn close!! Good work! I'm really proud of your commitment. I'm back to daily tracking, etc. I didn't gain anything over the past month, but I didn't lose anything either. Horse got hocks done, though, because we had such a great lesson that I am inspired, so, hoping the inspiration will extend to eating for healthy weight loss.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Awright, I'm going down half a pound a week..... I'll take it. Had a really great lesson on the fella, inspiring me to have his hocks done, since we were having such a good time. With an older horse, it's hard to know if their hocks hurt, their feet hurt, the saddle doesn't fit, or if it's too hot, or too cold, or if everything is perfectly fine and they're just checking out your work ethic.

I note, however, that I just ate half a pint of Haagen Dazs. The thing about will power is that it's not particularly powerful. :-)
  • BuffyBourbon
    Options
    Dang it, I posted a reply earlier and tis gone! Anyway I'm glad you're here and posted, welcome back! I've laid off daily weigh ins and such for a bit now because I was feeling stuck. I just did my first weigh in 2 weeks and finally saw a small loss!

Short goal: 20
    To go:9.9

Hooray!!!

Hocks are so weird. My old guy who's gone now had the oddest tell he would go 8-12 months between needing support. But my only clue that it was nearly time was that he'd start curling to the right when he backed. He'd go from fine, to curling at the back, to super sore, with nothing in between. Taught me to back him at the end of every ride, and the first time there was a curl I'd set an appt for injections.
  • sharonarkoff
    Options
    Buffy, I think you're going to make your goal, or at least get very, very close! Good on you! I'm stuck, but that's because I haven't been tracking. At least I haven't gained. Back into the system, again, for the millionth time, etc. etc.

To follow up on horse having his hocks done, he was doing amazing -- and then I trucked him up to my fantastic (and expensive) trainer for a lesson and he was basically crippled. My trainer is wonderful, but even she couldn't hold herself back from the, "Your horse is crippled" talk. :-) Being himself, though, he was fine the next day. I know that he is still "broken" from my trainer's perspective, but, he's just so darn wonderful in every other way.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season, full of every kind of joy.