Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm back. This will be my 6th month with the UAC and it has been very good for me.

I have lost 200 lbs, and the last 50 or so while on the UAC. I am now in maintenance, a whole new challenge. The UAC helps, a lot.

I don't see how I can make the winner's circle in September, I have a vacation planned that will take me out of cell phone range, so won't be able to log in for a while. No matter though, the winner's circle while a great honor is not why I am here. I will do my best to stay on track and post when I can.

Good to see some old faces, and some new. As always thanks to Rick for doing this.

Hope y'all have a great September!

Great inspiration regarding your journey! Thanks for sharing.
  • keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Scott
    I am over 50 and just a couple weeks ago weighed in at 329 feeling horrible. Generally I was in pretty good shape my whole life except for the last several years. 2.5 years ago I had lost 90 lbs and gotten all the way down to 209.

I got away from that and now I’m back. I recently relocated to Florida which provides a much healthier lifestyle. My goal is to get to well under 200 lbs this time and keep it off. I am focusing much more on cardio and yoga and less so on weight training.

Glad to be aboard.

Great to see you here, Scott! Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I am back after a year off and 35 lbs (sigh), but I am back and ready to recommit. So far I've been on mfp again for 20 days. I have a NS mini-goal of sticking with mfp, tracking and exercising each day for 60 days. This September accountability challenge will get me most of the way there.

Height:5'8"
    SW: 233.6
    CW: 225.2
    GW: 170.0
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am an IT consultant embarking on a journey to undo the negative impacts of a sedentary lifestyle resulting from a high-stress, long-hours desk job. My father passed away in July from Parkinson's and I made a promise to him and my family to improve my health. Losing my father spawned my most recent epiphany that life is short and fragile. Therefore, I want to approach each day with a positive attitude and be an encouragement to others.

Sorry to hear of the loss of you father! Welcome to UAC, it's a great group!!

• Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    @astroamy - Great to see you back!!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    @keith250in2021 Offering condolences on the loss of your father.

This will be my 3rd month in the UAC. It's a great group of people with a very kind leader/organizer. I'm very thankful to have found it. I have not yet made the Winner's Circle but I am much more consistent with staying on program and exercising. I also find that I get back on track much quicker when I do slip up. Establishing good habits is the real win for being in the challenge. Good luck to all for September!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    @Bill70sStrong it's great to be back. Really. :)
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I was away traveling all of August so now I'm back and ready to get back tracking and losing this September!

I was very active during my holiday, averaging around 20k steps a day and doing lots of climbing, but I was also very indulgent! So I'm not surprised at all that I gained 2kgs.

At the end of the month I should be flying back home for wedding (providing there are no further complications and changes due to COVID-19), so I am happy to be back tracking with a clear goal in mind!
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    I have not yet made the Winner's Circle but I am much more consistent with staying on program and exercising. I also find that I get back on track much quicker when I do slip up. Establishing good habits is the real win for being in the challenge.

This is really encouraging to hear! I know there's every chance I'll slip up more than three days in the coming month but my real worry is that I'll use that as an excuse to give up completely. Still being here at the end of September will be the real win for me.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    I have not yet made the Winner's Circle but I am much more consistent with staying on program and exercising. I also find that I get back on track much quicker when I do slip up. Establishing good habits is the real win for being in the challenge.

This is really encouraging to hear! I know there's every chance I'll slip up more than three days in the coming month but my real worry is that I'll use that as an excuse to give up completely. Still being here at the end of September will be the real win for me.

Part of the "mental trick" that will ultimately lead to success as YOU define it is:
    If you reach "pass #4" ... just spend the rest of the month thinking of yourself in "training camp" for the following month.

Especially when just starting out ... it is irrelevant whether you have 2 - 4 - 10 - 27 (circle what applies) pass days.

They just define what elements you need to pay closer attention to, and next month everyone starts with "0 pass days used" and you set a personal mini-goal to be "fewer Ns than last month" on whichever of the 3 questions (or combinations) was hardest.

You succeed (make the winner's circle) , or you LEARN
    Problem-solve and apply Lessons Learned to the next month.

Repeat.
  • heidipatterson100
    heidipatterson100 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a serial weight loss starter with a poor follow-through record. Used to be very fit and active, doing lots of running, martial arts, gym and yoga but all that fell by the wayside about five years ago and I've struggled to get back on track ever since. Every time I re-start I'm a little heavier than last time and I can no longer convince myself it's a temporary glitch... In terms of weight I'd like to lose about 12kg, but this time I plan to focus more on inches and fat loss than absolute weight. Will be stuck at home for the first couple of weeks of September as I'm returning from abroad and have to self-isolate, but I have an arsenal of YouTube workouts lined up and my food planned!
    I eat mostly vegan and usually cook very healthy, but I'm an emotional eater and can consume my daily kcal quota in snacks in the space of 30 mins if I'm having a bad day, so managing my mental health is definitely the biggest challenge for me in weight loss.

Nice to see another vegan on here. In the past I have had issues with emotional eating too. I am hoping being accountable to a group will help with that. Meal prepping and not having my "emotional" snacks in my house has helped a lot lately as well. Good luck to you!
  • tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm back for my second month in the UAC. Last month was great! I learned a lot about how to improve my dietary habits and fitness routine. This month, I plan to focus on balancing my macro-nutrient ratio. I'm usually never over in carbs, but the ratio of carbs is oftentimes more than the fats and protein. I'll have to think about my workout routine, as I really don't like to do cardio. I'll lift weights, but cardio is :s But, I digress. This group has been very supportive. Thank you, Rick, for putting us together.