MFP not sinking no matter what I do. Any advice?

Options

Replies

• AntoniaZ
    AntoniaZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I sought support (Premium MFP) the other day, this was the reply:

Hello AntoniaZ,

Thank you for reaching out to MyFitnessPal Support. We recently sent a reply to your concern, which can be viewed by scrolling to the very bottom of this email, or the entire history can be viewed by clicking here: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/requests/3742656.

Our system marks tickets as “solved” after two days of inactivity, but we are still here if you need additional support. You can re-open your inquiry by replying to this email, or by responding to your ticket at the link above. In the absence of any further reply, the system will send a survey two days from now asking you to rate your support experience.

Please note, “solved” support tickets do not necessarily indicate an issue you’ve reported has been fixed, only the interaction between you and members of our support staff is considered complete, or we have not yet heard back from you. If you’ve reported a bug or a feature request, our product and engineering teams will prioritize it in context of the other items in their backlog. If we’ve asked for more information, please be sure to reply with any updates.

Best,
    MyFitnessPal Support
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Latest Update

Friday, 6/26/2020, 3:41pm PST

Hello,

Our team performed scheduled maintenance the evening of June 25th, on one of our databases that affects step tracking. This maintenance is to aid in fixing the issues described here and will last through the weekend and into next week. During this time, members may experience an interruption in the syncing of tracked steps from your partner app, or between our site & our apps. This will affect the tracking of steps from all of our step partners, most significantly impacting Fitbit.
    We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I was also having this weird issue with the iPhone Fitbit app ... every day had the same number of calories burned, the same distance traveled, the same intensity miles (steps were still accurate as near as I can recall--they at least varied).

I saw this when I started going back through the diary to see when the syncing issue started. When I initially went back a day, the correct stats flashed for a second, but then would settle into the same numbers everyday. I reinstalled the app and that was fixed.

Have reinstalled and resynced both apps, shutdown my iPhone. Nothing helps get Fitbit info into MFP.
  • Emilyestelle1
    Emilyestelle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok, its not just me then. I'm also having this issue. Hope it get's fixed.
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine’s working again!! Yay!
  • kevinthompson6699
    kevinthompson6699 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Update-working at 10:47 am 6/27/20=-about time!

Totally unreliable connection to Fitbit is extremely frustrating; either fix it or reduce the cost of the app! Over the first month my use of the app and Fitbit this is a continual problem; this being the longest! Certainly with Under Armour's resources they have the ability to fix this; it is not new technology so please get your *kitten* together!
  • AntoniaZ
    AntoniaZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am synched!
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    fully functional here. Thanks for fixing😊
  • Urthepinetomyapple
    Urthepinetomyapple Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here my versa won’t sync my steps, workouts with mfp 😩
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm still not syncing. should I try disconnecting and reconnecting or are we still not supposed to do that?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    why is there no comment from the MyFitnessPall Developers?

What do you mean no comment? There are two open issues on the "Help" page about these issues.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm still not syncing. should I try disconnecting and reconnecting or are we still not supposed to do that?

Neither issue is marked as resolved. I wouldn't do individual troubleshooting until I knew MFP considered the overall issues to be fixed.
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yay?! I synced for the first time in a long time this morning!
  • 600lbs2Beast
    600lbs2Beast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm still having this issue. If I disconnect and then reconnect it will log the calories/steps for the current day. Since I didn't do it until after midnight, (at around 330am) it synced my stats for today, but none for yesterday. Kind of wishing I hadn't bought a second ionic a couple of months ago to replace the first one that stopped charging.
  • barrysscott
    barrysscott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had no luck getting my Fitbit Charge steps to show up on MFP, even though the app shows that it is connected. I've tried all the tricks, no luck.
    MFP seems to prefer using the IPhone motion sensor. Where is tech support on this?
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Fitbit and MFP have never synced reliably for me, despite all the things I am doing correctly apparently. If I disconnect/reconnect, sometimes it will sync that one time, but it always falls off after that. This has been going on shortly after I first connected Fitbit, almost 9 months ago. Frustrating and never a solution. My solution is just using Fitbit's diary (which I think is inferior), especially now that the MFP diary has been consistently showing "There was a problem with your request" when I try to add. Oh well, it was a nice run while it all worked well.
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I updated last December to a charge 3 after using my charge 2 reliably. Now I've had to switch back to my charge w because bluetooth won't work ive rebooted my phone (Samsung s9) and everything.still nothingn1laizo8wn25.jpg
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ive exercised for hours today. And nothing
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Ive exercised for hours today. And nothing

Is Fitbit account showing steps and calories from workouts?

Not the app, the app syncs with Fitbit and sends info to your Fitbit account.

It's your Fitbit account that syncs with MFP account.

MFP app gets data from MFP account.

Not sure how knowledgable you are hence spelled out.

Because obviously if your device can't sync with your phone as prior post shows - no way in the world MFP is going to know about it.
  • kyliemindt
    kyliemindt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is everyone still having touble? I know this thread is old, but I am still having issues. My data loads from MFP into Fitbit, but Fitbit data doesn't go to MFP?