Do you have a goal?

Options
Like with most areas of life, I find that if I have specific goals during a fitness challenge, I am much more successful. I started a significant weight loss effort on August 1 and have lost 17 pounds so far (and probably 5 pounds of it was water weight).
For this fitness challenge, I have some new goals. While I am continuing to lose weight, I would also like to slowly start building muscle. My main goal is simply to see some muscle growth and/ or significant slimming because of muscle growth paired with my weight loss, when I look at before and after pictures. I am going to take measurements with a tape measure and would like to see the numbers go down on that. (Suggestions on specific number goals to shoot for regarding inches?) I am keeping track of how many reps of exercises I can do before the fatigue is too much and am hoping those numbers will increase if I am consistent.
I know those don't seem like huge goals, but I have a few chronic illnesses that cause me to have to be slow and careful with movements and building exercise. I want to do whatever is within my power to get stronger while I lose this weight though!
What are your goals?

Replies

• mommyjoy1
    mommyjoy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to slim down and gain a little definition. COVID has not helped me!
  • j9019
    j9019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To make working out/eating right fun and rewarding so it becomes a habit I enjoy.
  • ironhorse76
    ironhorse76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight. Covid messed me up. We all can do it!
  • mkl5664
    mkl5664 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a few goals. 1.) I do have a weight goal of 125-130 (which will take about 5-6 months). 2.) I would also like to see definition in my muscles and my stomach flattened down. I am not only taking pictures, but measurements so I can truly see the progress. 3.) I would also like to feel more energy while and mental clarity. I know that working out and eating healthy can help with that. 4.) I would like to create sustainable habits that I can carry with me throughout my life.
  • adamlongstride
    adamlongstride Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look like Jonathan Marshall in 4 weeks. Reach for the stars, ya know. I think I just have to do a 4 week water fast and get some implants.
    Seriously, 260# is a reasonable goal for me. My end of year goal is 240#. I’m currently around 272#
  • tgstinson
    tgstinson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am working on making healthy habits! I need to lost about 65 pounds total, which I know won’t happen in 4 weeks. I would love to be under 200 by the end of this, which would be -15. I want to be an example to my children, so that is my motivation right now.
  • Karalamelza
    Karalamelza Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kara ('98 HA Alum). Trying to fit into my wedding dress again recently was good motivation to try and take things to the next level, lol. I'm a bit of a Whole30 nut, which includes lots of yummy fat and no calorie counting, so this is quite new for me. I wanted to try paring down the calories to see if I can move the needle a bit more on my scale and non-scale victories. I also haven't been as intentional with exercising and want to see what's in the realm of possibility by building a habit of it. I'm excited to be on this journey with you all and to connect and encourage each other as we make progress. Phillipians 4:13 #Iwillfitinthatdressagain #Icandothis #youcandothis #wecandothis
  • lucycassagne
    lucycassagne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Aug 06 🙋🏻‍♀️
    I just want to always be able to do things. If someone says let’s go run a few miles, I don’t want to dread it. If someone wants to go hiking, I want to only worry about what to bring in my pack and not my ability to hike. I want to be able to do anything physically my family asks of me without worrying about pulling a muscle. So with that said I just want an overall change for a good long while. And this seemed like a nice jump start.