Captains Lounge September 2020

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    MODS, RaeWats would like to come back to TrimStones. What do you need her to do? She popped in and made a posting in the chatroom. I tried to check the August chart to see what her weigh day was, but she's not listed...let me know what you need me to do.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    MODS, RaeWats would like to come back to TrimStones. What do you need her to do? She popped in and made a posting in the chatroom. I tried to check the August chart to see what her weigh day was, but she's not listed...let me know what you need me to do.
    Jessica

MODS, she would like to do Thursday weigh ins and current weight is 204.4. May I go ahead and add her or would you rather handle? Let me know.
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Jessica

MODS, she would like to do Thursday weigh ins and current weight is 204.4. May I go ahead and add her or would you rather handle? Let me know.
    Jessica
    I'll put her in and she's ready to go!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    @jugar TasCascalho is going on vacation and he will not be weighing in again until the 25th of September. Can you excuse him for the missed weigh ins?

@Beka3695 Tazaria87 has reached 100 pounds lost. What an amazing accomplishment!

Thanks ladies!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    @jugar TasCascalho is going on vacation and he will not be weighing in again until the 25th of September. Can you excuse him for the missed weigh ins?

@Beka3695 Tazaria87 has reached 100 pounds lost. What an amazing accomplishment!

Thanks ladies!

Got her on the celebration list for SEPTEMBER
  • jugar
    Options
    Yo Captains!

I'm searching for suggestions for next week's challenge - if any have come up you'd like to see happen, let me know!
  • jugar
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'm struggling this morning. There are many gaps in the weigh-ins on the spreadsheet. Mission Slimpossibles - please get your act together! Trimstones - several misses, and a person who asked for a day change a week ago. If you have to take some time off as co-captain, please let me know! I do not mind going through another team chat to record weigh-ins as they come in while you are away or otherwise unable to record. But I do not enjoy having to do it all at once on Sunday morning, especially now that the MFP search function no longer works in the groups (grrrr, don't get me started). Sorry to be crabby, but it really helps if things are in order by Sunday mornings (8 am Eastern). I'm happy to catch the last few that weigh-in late during the night on Saturdays. I'm not happy having to trawl the entire week...

edit - I have just finished with Slimpossibles - one thing that might help a lot are some reminders about weigh-in days. New members especially need this - daily or every other day, give a heads-up to those coming next. It might help avoid having 10 NWIs in one week :grimace:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi @jugar! Can you move piqueaboo’s weigh in day from Friday to Sunday? Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch VERYHOTMAILS/Trimstones from NWI to LWI. She reported in this morning. Also, when we see missed weights, what would you like us to do. I usually make a posting on Saturday nights asking for people to fill in, but this week, I didn't have time. I'm dealing with family in the hospital from a bad car accident. I had updated everything on the chart up until I went to bed which was around 730pm. Didn't see a posting for requested day change except for the one I did request this week for RaeWats when she rejoined.

I'm not perfect, but I think I do pretty well most weeks/months. Thanks for your help. If you want me to write something in the missed spots, let me know what to mark.
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar Please switch VERYHOTMAILS/Trimstones from NWI to LWI. She reported in this morning. Also, when we see missed weights, what would you like us to do. I usually make a posting on Saturday nights asking for people to fill in, but this week, I didn't have time. I'm dealing with family in the hospital from a bad car accident. I had updated everything on the chart up until I went to bed which was around 730pm. Didn't see a posting for requested day change except for the one I did request this week for RaeWats when she rejoined.

I'm not perfect, but I think I do pretty well most weeks/months. Thanks for your help. If you want me to write something in the missed spots, let me know what to mark.
    Jessica

You DO great most the time! When you're having a rough week like this one, never hesitate to ask for help! As I said, I really don't mind checking up for weigh-ins on any team and putting them on the spreadsheet if you're having a week of craziness and it is too much. I'd rather make sure you have time to send messages to your team instead of having to worry about the spreadsheet when your time is tight.

I just figured out the confusion about the person asking to change days. It was marysia2609. She was in the team twice - you had added her to Sunday already, as she requested, but she was was still there on her original day as well. I moved her to Sunday this morning, since I was looking at her "old" day. She ended up being in there twice. Please always ask for day changes - then I know and there are no confusions. Thanks!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm struggling this morning. There are many gaps in the weigh-ins on the spreadsheet. Mission Slimpossibles - please get your act together! Trimstones - several misses, and a person who asked for a day change a week ago. If you have to take some time off as co-captain, please let me know! I do not mind going through another team chat to record weigh-ins as they come in while you are away or otherwise unable to record. But I do not enjoy having to do it all at once on Sunday morning, especially now that the MFP search function no longer works in the groups (grrrr, don't get me started). Sorry to be crabby, but it really helps if things are in order by Sunday mornings (8 am Eastern). I'm happy to catch the last few that weigh-in late during the night on Saturdays. I'm not happy having to trawl the entire week...

edit - I have just finished with Slimpossibles - one thing that might help a lot are some reminders about weigh-in days. New members especially need this - daily or every other day, give a heads-up to those coming next. It might help avoid having 10 NWIs in one week :grimace:

So sorry @jugar !! Just getting back in the swing of things today. Had a family medical emergency over the course of four days. I should have made contact earlier but it was chaotic.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Hey @jugar -

There's an issue with the percentage calculation in the spreadsheet for the Goal Zone section. While it works for the first week, the formula is incorrect for the following weeks (probably just a copy and pasting error).
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @Jugar - cherrymajoni has a lot going on this month and wishes to spend it in the "Team Support" section.

Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi @jugar! 19shmoo69 has decided to leave the group. I figured this was going to happen but it is too bad. Also, just a reminder to move piqueaboo from Friday to Sunday as her weigh in day. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    So sorry @jugar !! Just getting back in the swing of things today. Had a family medical emergency over the course of four days. I should have made contact earlier but it was chaotic.
    I'm sorry too - I was being cranky, and you were having a really tough time. Another lesson learned :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey @jugar -

There's an issue with the percentage calculation in the spreadsheet for the Goal Zone section. While it works for the first week, the formula is incorrect for the following weeks (probably just a copy and pasting error).

I know. I have to keep fixing this every month it seems. When I make a copy from the template, which I have checked a million times, it always seems to end up weird. Oh well! I'll keep looking for ways to make it work :smiley:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hey @jugar -

I know. I have to keep fixing this every month it seems. When I make a copy from the template, which I have checked a million times, it always seems to end up weird. Oh well! I'll keep looking for ways to make it work :smiley:

Your job never ends, eh?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    13ve38t7mwlg.jpeg

FAT 2 FIT
    RECIPE SHARE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

This is a reminder that Fat2Fit has a recipe share page. Hop on over and take a look.

Please share your favorite recipe for others to love, too.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Captains! Please encourage your team to hop over and share their challenge ideas. :)

1zhfp4197ffa.png

:star:The Idea Lounge :star: is a place where we can come together to share our creative ideas and give our suggestions on how to make Fat2Fit the best challenge group on My Fitness Pal! B)

Challenges - Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - This is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    @jugar please could I be excused for the weigh in for the next 2 Saturdays.I am on holiday and no access to weighing scales,thank God !! I would still like to be included in the steps challenge.Hope to walk every morning in the Greek sunshine 😎
This discussion has been closed.