Swaps

Options

Replies

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    @_inHisGrace you reminded me...frozen blueberries are like little treasures sent from heaven. I have a little cup on my way to work most morning, I may give frozen cherries a try.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I’ve swapped my flavored creamer for calorie and sugar free syrup.

The creamer was only 35 cal but I had to have 2 so that was 70 cal each cup of coffee!

• ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just cannot swap out mayo........I know it is a nightmare, but given the amount that I have to lose and the fact that i keep it within my calories for the day, its OK..................Am I kidding myself ?
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    ntw250 wrote: »
    I just cannot swap out mayo........I know it is a nightmare, but given the amount that I have to lose and the fact that i keep it within my calories for the day, its OK..................Am I kidding myself ?

If it fits then it's fine. There are things that I was not willing to give up. I make them fit. Period! CICO that's it. If mayo is your thing then weigh it out and put it on! lol
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @_inHisGrace - I hear you on the unsatisfying ice cream. At one point, I tried Halo Top, but honestly, I'd rather just have a 1/3 cup of real ice cream for the same calories as a whole cup of Halo Top. Low calories ice cream feels like punishment. That's not a treat. Sometimes you have to pick quality over quantity.

But it sounds like you found a good compromise.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have found the most amazing ice cream every. It is a new flavor by Blue Bell. Fudge Brownie Decadence. It is so good and not in the least bit healthy. The serving size is 99 grams. I thought that would be tiny (welcome to American Serving sizes. pretending that things are healthy by making the serving size one bite). However I was pleasantly surprised that it was a decent size. Enough that I was satisfied that I felt like I had a good treat and didn't blow my day. 240 calories is easy to fit in!

If you have a problem with ice cream I do not recommend you get this. You will not be able to go back!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I like Skinny Cow and Weight Watcher novelty ice cream treats....I really like Chilly Cow but I can’t find it in this area....actually, I am not a big ice cream eater....now why don’t they make 0 calorie candy bars?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I like the Light Hellman’s mayonnaise if I mix a little Grey Poupon Mustard and a shaker of pepper in it....
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 I'm still waiting for my zero calorie cookies too!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I love cookies as much as candy lol
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    ntw250 wrote: »
    I was like that too. But I found that because I like my food drowning in mayo I am not willing to give up on how much I use, I had to move to light mayo. After the first few times I got used to it.

I’ve got so many pounds to lose and my calories per day allotment is pretty small to me so I’ve got to cut where I can.

But if you’ve got the calories to spare or are able to budget it in, you do you!!!

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I cut mayo without a problem in most scenarios, and can use the fat free when i do use it. And I cut out the cheese as well, as I realized I wasn't really tasting it.

But I can't give up some sort of creamer for my coffee, whether it be milk or almond milk or something like that. I did swap out 2% for skim and then went from skim to almond to unsweetened cashew milk (I like cashew better than almond).

And I can't quite get myself to completely give up my half-cut teas at Arby's, either, so when I stop by, there's 140 calories used up, but I log it and enjoy my slightly sweet tea!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been able to switch from Jello to sugar free Jello, no problem - I don't taste a difference. But I also love a good pudding cup. :) But OMG, sugar free pudding - it tastes like I'm just giving up on life. :(

I have 11 more sugar free pudding cups in the fridge...either I will have gotten used to them by the time I am done, or I will have given up...LOL.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Firefly743 wrote: »
    I've been able to switch from Jello to sugar free Jello, no problem - I don't taste a difference. But I also love a good pudding cup. :) But OMG, sugar free pudding - it tastes like I'm just giving up on life. :(

I have 11 more sugar free pudding cups in the fridge...either I will have gotten used to them by the time I am done, or I will have given up...LOL.

I was just looking at those the other day, lol! On my whole journey so far, I've been a quality over quantity person. I'd rather have a small amount of rich chocolate mousse than five sugar-free pudding cups. Until lately. While I still prefer quality like, 90% of the time, the other 10% I just want MOAR FOOD. You'll have to let me know if you eventually get used to them lol, I may have to make a sugar-free pudding investment.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the boxes stuff you make yourself would be different than the pre-filled cups; at the very least you'd get to control the type of milk and its quality, which might make a difference.

Sugar free pudding doesn't bother me; in fact, I've got a bowl I whipped up with cashew milk in the fridge for tonight's dessert - IF I get some cardio in for the calories!

It took me a long time, too, to make the switch to diet pop. Diet Coke would always upset my stomach and I hated the taste of saccharin, so for years, I avoided the stuff. But now they have other substitute sweeteners available, and most of the "zero" style pops I can drink and don't taste much of a difference. Still can't stomach diet coke, though.....

Funny thing: I've completely acclimated to diet Dr. Pepper, but back on one of the camping trips when I was needing a ton of calories to cover a major hiking trip, I bought a regular Dr. Pepper instead - I didn't like it; it was too sweet! lol
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have swapped out "I can't belive its not butter" spray for actual butter on top of potatoes, veggies, etc. And instead of cheese or mayo, I usually reach for some non-fat plain yogurt.
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    And diet soda for sure. I am not a big soda drinker ever, but now it just "costs" too much calorie wise - I'd rather have some real food.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    alisampm wrote: »
    I have swapped out "I can't belive its not butter" spray for actual butter on top of potatoes, veggies, etc. And instead of cheese or mayo, I usually reach for some non-fat plain yogurt.

An entire bottle has 771 calories....2 calories in 5 sprays....still a lot less than butter....but dont pour it in your foods!
  • _inHisGrace
    Options
    I just recently found Laughing Cow light cheese spread. It’s 30 calories.

I’ve been spreading it on my English muffin and putting an egg in it.