Gut health.

spikywon
spikywon Posts: 4 Member
I've just gotten out of hospital and had two massive courses of antibiotics. My gut is a clean slate and I want to build a beneficial biota that will make me:- feel good, be healthy and have a good metabolism.
Any ideas on what to eat and what to avoid would be very welcome.

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    spikywon wrote: »
    I've just gotten out of hospital and had two massive courses of antibiotics. My gut is a clean slate and I want to build a beneficial biota that will make me:- feel good, be healthy and have a good metabolism.
    Any ideas on what to eat and what to avoid would be very welcome.

I'd eat yogurt with live cultures and probiotics. Skyr yogurt has 5 + or more types of cultures, Fage has 4 I believe.

Fermented foods such as sauerkraut and kimchi also build up the gut microbiota.
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    good quality probiotics & organic foods, of course
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm checking out Miso for gut health.
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    I am now CHARSUZY - no longer cosafe1 - my account was deleted, not my doing.
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 3,976 Member
    Have to tried drinking kombucha? Comes in all different flavors. I think it helps my intestinal tract.
  • gingergkniss
    gingergkniss Posts: 1 Member
    I use Arbonne's nutrition line to help keep my gut clean. I love it!!!!! There is a digestion plus that you can get with probiotics. All of the products are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, etc... I love it!!!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    We do lots of fermented foods. Kombucha is amazing, even my toddlers love it. Kiefer is easy to make homemade and the kids love that too. Sauerkraut and kimchi they have more trouble liking but if you like it, that is good. Plus a good probiotic and yogurt.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Kombucha Drinks GTS are my go-to for health. They have so many different flavors to choose from and they work wonders with gut health.
  • akravenlady907
    akravenlady907 Posts: 1 Member
    kombucha interesting. very expensive in store/ alaska
  • drkolo
    drkolo Posts: 1 Member
    These are really great ideas! I definitely found Fage and a probiotic helpful! I haven't tried Kombucha yet, I am afraid I will absolutely hate the taste lol. Also we started using JP+ products and that made a big difference for my husband. @spikyone how did you get on?