Do any of you implement MFP & Fitbit in this way?

Options
beulah81
beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
edited September 2020 in Social Groups
I've been reading quite a few negative comments/frustrations on Fitbit and MFP not syncing, not linking and such. I relate to that as well. Is there an advantage of having Fitbit linked to MFP besides seeing the adjustments? I can just as easily see my TDEE on Fitbit app and adjust my eating accordingly on MFP without dealing with the technical problems between the two apps.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That is true - look at device, subtract 500 say, eat that.

Problem being you'll keep burning until midnight, you'll stop eating when?

Now, if your base rate of burn can be figured out for how many hours cause say 500 cal burn, say 5 hrs, look at device at 7 pm and eat that much for the day. Rest of the day causes the deficit.
    This works well for when down to last 15 lbs and want 250 cal deficit, that's just a few hours usually.

Other way is just keep a 3 week rolling daily burn average (for normal weeks/days anyway).
    There's your avg weekly TDEE.
    Subtract 500 say.
    Set MFP eating goal to the result.
    Adjust weekly if needed.

That works well if your workouts don't vary a lot.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    That is true - look at device, subtract 500 say, eat that.

Problem being you'll keep burning until midnight, you'll stop eating when?

Now, if your base rate of burn can be figured out for how many hours cause say 500 cal burn, say 5 hrs, look at device at 7 pm and eat that much for the day. Rest of the day causes the deficit.
    This works well for when down to last 15 lbs and want 250 cal deficit, that's just a few hours usually.

Other way is just keep a 3 week rolling daily burn average (for normal weeks/days anyway).
    There's your avg weekly TDEE.
    Subtract 500 say.
    Set MFP eating goal to the result.
    Adjust weekly if needed.

That works well if your workouts don't vary a lot.

Thank you so much @heybales! I am actually in maintenance. I thought there was something magically unique and more accurate if two are linked. 😊