September 22 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, did my ignite class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3

Hope everybody here had a good day :)
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • Hollis100
    Options
    @katiecan2019 so sorry to read this -- can you do chair yoga? Take care of yourself.
  • jules7890
    jules7890 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Walked for 45 min
    Tracked every nibble, bite, chew
    Under for calories for the day👍🏽
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, indoor rowing
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Sept 22tracked all
    64 min walk/hike
    Calories under
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Happy Official (Astronomical) First Day Of Autumn (in the northern hemisphere) - presumably the Official (Astronomical) First Day of Spring (in the southern hemisphere)

So why is the equinox considered the start of the season but the solstice is called mid-summer/winter?

It's the difference between expressing "space-scale" time and "terrestrial-scale" time (which default includes "common local weather patterns")

Culturally, the USA and Canada consider the start of September as "the start of Fall". The equinox doesn't occur until ~21st or 22nd of September.

The "equinox" is the point where the sun is above / below the horizon for an equal period of time. Starting the next "day", the proportions shift to either longer days, or longer nights (depending on which equinox) Vernal / spring equinox is the start of spring. Autumnal / fall equinox is the start of fall.

The solstice (mid-summer / mid-winter) is the mid-point between the equinoxes. The Summer-solstice is the longest day and the Winter Solstice is the longest night. Astronomically speaking, they mark the beginning of (astronomical) summer and the beginning of (astronomical) winter ...

but the change in percent of daylight and "normal temperatures at ground level" are not the same ... so in the northern hemisphere ~ Dec 21 (even though the daylight hours are technically starting to get longer) the "cultural winter" has already started - usually in November - and the days keep getting increasingly colder, so it FEELS like "mid-winter, which is gonna last until at least March"

At ground level a season can "come early" or "arrive late"; astronomically, the division is objectively stable.

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Tuesday, 9/22

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, lift upper body-20 min, barre-20 min, stretch pre and post-15 min

Pass days left - none

I didn’t move much monday other than a short walk. I was in the car most of the day. If I don’t move, my arthritis goes into overdrive and all my joints stiffen and I can’t move. I had to use my cane. I made a conscious effort to move on Tuesday in the hope that I would avoid the pain later at night. I still have control over this somewhat. I am also a participant in a research study to determine if a combination of healthy eating, exercise, and meditation eases pain and the amount and frequency of my infusions. I am below calories but the last few weeks haven’t been healthy food. The only real change is the meditation. I find that it is helping immensely. It hasn’t reduced the meds or pain but it has improved my ability to deal with everything.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Exercised for 20 min: ✔ Check

Stayed within calorie budget: ✔ Yes

Tracked everything I ate/drank: ✔ Yep

Pass Days- 3/3 used

• keith250in2021
    keith250in2021 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes for all three.
  • Hollis100
    Options
    @readyornot1234 I agree with you about meditation. I've meditated on and off (and on again) all my adult life. Very valuable practice. I hope your health improves.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Yes to all three on this day. (I’m a day late; got sucked into a new game last night, lol.)

Logged everything, came in under budget and walked for 45 minutes, as well as some housecleaning that I didn’t bother to log.

So far, I’ve only used one pass day, I think. Saturday was supposed to be my second, but I ended up not passing, given my smaller portion sizes. 👍🏼
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • kileyroach2002
    kileyroach2002 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes x3!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @Hollis100 - it will be a bit before I see any health benefit and/or impact on meds but my mood has changed dramatically. I never would have described myself as calm and easy going. Hahahaha. Others may still not describe me that way.
  • Hollis100
    Options
    @readyornot1234 Good to hear it -- every little thing helps! :)