High Copper Levels

jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Hi All,

I started going back to a Bariatric doc to help me with my regain and at the last round of bloodwork my copper levels were very high. I was taking Unjury Bariatric multi without iron (I take prescription iron and vit c) and the copper was at 300% DV. I haven’t been able to find any Bariatric multi that is less than 300%.

Does anyone have a multi they love that isn’t high on copper levels? I go back tomorrow to the doc so will speak with him about this further.

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Hey Jen! Not sure what that means, but keep me updated, please!

I use Barilife powders. According to the label, it has 111% copper in one scoop. Two scoops is recommended per label, my surgeon approved me for one scoop.
  • NicoleL874
    Oh, and I mix it in my first 32 oz bottle of water, the watermelon flavor, with a scoop of collagen and fiber. When I used 2 or 3 oz of water it would make me feel sick. My doctor said I'm still getting all the vitamins, no reason a slower dosing could hurt...
  • jcavanna2
    That’s good to know..I never heard of Barilife powders. I saw him today and had bloodwork done. If my iron is still low I am going to need to start getting iron infusions because I have been started on iron (prescription) plus vit c twice a day though it’s been hard getting the second dose hit somewhat better now that I keep a bottle in my office so it’s in my face.

He thinks my body doesn’t have as big of an issue absorbing minerals as others and the Bariatric vitamins have very high doses. Will definitely keep you posted! Miss you my friend - and was thinking about you the other day...so much to catch up on including how we sold our house...but more on that when we chat :)
  • NicoleL874
    @jcavanna2 set alerts on your phone! DO IT GIRL! lol, I do it for my evening calcium, or I forget to take it. :)
  • jcavanna2
    I did that the other day! The zinc made my stomach a mess the first 2 days but has been okay since. I have it pretty well spaced out. Have to take zinc and iron 2 hours apart from each other and I can take either 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after eating...so makes for a fun balance..lol