Flourless Pancakes made with oatflour

dschiermer
dschiermer Posts: 1 Member
So easy. Used my Ninja blender and just dumped everything in. 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, 1/2 up cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1/3 of a banana, 1 tbsp almond butter. Whir. If you want spray griddle with olive oil spray. Let rest for a few minutes. Dump by quarter cups onto medium hot griddle. Watch closely, but I waited about 3 minutes to flip. Then another 2 minutes. Voila! Eat with or without your favorite topping. I am going to try making gingerbread pancakes the same way next. Have fun eating!

Replies

• jacquip3156
    jacquip3156 Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds wonderful. Thank you.
  • Joseph1104
    Joseph1104 Posts: 4 Member
    Sounds delish. Let us know how the gingerbread pancakes turn out. That sounds good too
  • obadooz
    obadooz Posts: 3 Member
    sounds good thanks for the recipe.

I love pancakes and i would like to share my recipe as well .. try it and let me know ;)

50g Oats flour (you can grind normal oats)
    1.5 tbsp light Yogurt
    1.5- 2 tbsp Skimmed milk or Almond Milk
    1 Whole Egg
    2 tsp baking powder

sprinkle any kind of sweatner as desired.

Optional*
    2 drops vanilla extract.
    2 tsp peanut powder.

mix all ingredients and let it rest for 15 min. you can make one big fluffy pancake or divided as you like. enjoy it :smile:

shl02t1vj4ye.jpeg

• obadooz
    obadooz Posts: 3 Member
    g0way5tzdy2j.jpg
  • bdavis11758
    bdavis11758 Posts: 45 Member
    Yummy. Thank you for sharing.
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    I'll have to try that. sounds like it has some good protein. Thanks for sharing!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I use almond flour in pancakes because I'm diabetic. It works surprisingly well but does require some oil to be added to prevent breakage. A good topping is sugar free strawberry jam that I make like this:

1 lb strawberries, chopped up
    couple tbsp water
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    sucralose to taste

Boil until thickened, generally like 5 minutes.