Monthly Post for October 2020

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,980 Member
Hello all.

Happy October to you! This year sure is flying. Hope everything is good in your neck of the woods.

I have a regular Keto / IF day planned today. Tomorrow AM is my weekly weigh in!

Have a great day all.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,538 Member
    Options
    I just realized that it is Thursday and I haven't posted all week. To say I have been busy would be an understatement. I finally got to sleep for like 9 hours last night. BUT on a positive note, I am officially down 20 pounds since June 21.
    @Meghan509 It sounds like you have been super productive! I hope your keto/fasting is going well this week!
    I am off to go to bed soon. I am wiped out.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Way to go, @KateNkognito!! 20 lbs is awesome! You must be feeling great and clothes are fitting better!

I am happy to report that weigh in went well! I am down 1.2 lbs for the week. I am happy. Woman "stuff" coming soon, so hopefully down a little more on the next weigh in!

Hope everybody is doing well. We have some of my BF's family in town for the next ten days. We will be heading to his parent's house to see them on Saturday. Looking forward to that. :)

Hope everybody has a nice weekend. See you all soon! :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I've had a hectic week at work, including multiple potential or suspected Covid cases, so I've been a bit stressed. And reaching for the wine and chocs a bit too much. But I'm still down a pound, which I'm grateful for.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 glad you are down! I finally feel like I have lost some weight. Have fun with the family this weekend!
    @melaniecheeks I hope you stay healthy! That seems like a good way to cope with stress.
    It is 5:30 on a Friday night and I am going to bed. Not a great fast day, but I am good with it. Have a good weekend.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I slept for over 11 hours! I feel human again! Did not lose anything yesterday, but I have impending hormones, so I am not surprised. I hope you have a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    NSV: I went out to help my husband work on my car and I put on an old pair of jeans that used to be way too small. Not only did they not cut off circulation to my legs, they were pretty comfortable! I am so happy that I am *finally* starting to see a difference.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

Wow, it is almost 1pm Eastern - that flew!!

Weekend was nice. We had a good visit with family. We will see them more during the week and on Saturday again.

@melaniecheeks congrats on your loss! Way to go!

@KateNkognito congrats on the NSV with your jeans! WOO HOO!

I am in the office today for a few hours. Busy! Sticking to Keto WOE and that's all.

Have a great day!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I feel awful today. Allergies and hormones and no sleep. I haven't put in for a substitute teacher tomorrow, but I put out sub plans, just in case a good night's sleep doesn't make me feel better by morning. Good part is that feeling crummy makes it easy to stay inside my calorie count.
    @Meghan509 It is always nice when Mondays go by quickly.
    Also, quick shout out to @A_Dabauer I saw that you have lost over 50 pounds! Way to go!
    I hope everyone else is doing well. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Ugh, sorry to hear about the allergies, @KateNkognito! My guy is in the same boat. Try some Benadryl before bed. That did the trick for him.

Yes, Monday flew! Woo hoo! And the nice thing about going in to the office on Monday is I don't have to go in the rest of the week. :D

I am off to a wake tonight for a coworker's Dad who passed away over the weekend. He was only 71 years old which is so young. I don't think it was due to Covid-19. He had a stroke a while back, along with being partially paralyzed, heart issues, etc... So I think it was health complications. I will find out. :(

Hope everybody has a nice Tuesday. Healthy vibes.... <3
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Hope all is well.

I went to the wake last night to pay my respects to my coworker and her Dad who passed. It felt nice to offer my condolences and give my colleague a "safe" hug. Her Dad passed away due to medical complications from heart, stroke, and not Covid-19. The funeral home had the chairs all set up six feet apart and everybody wore masks and respected each others space, etc. Crazy times...

Been sticking to my Keto WOE and feeling good. Thinking it is time to stop procrastinating and change the closet over from summer to winter. Sigh... Seems kind of silly walking around in sandals and a sweater. LOL Time for the boots!

Hope everybody is doing well and having a good week.

See you soon. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's definitely feeling wintery here in Ireland - grey wet mornings, and the sun setting at about 7. Time for the spicy soup!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Sorry about your coworker's dad. That isn't very old. I hope you have enjoyed working from home, though.

@melaniecheeks I want to go to Ireland someday! And spicy soup sounds yummy. :)

It is definitely getting cooler here in the Midwest, USA. The leaves are turning and it is misty in the mornings over the fields. So pretty.
    ADF fasting has been going well. I felt much better yesterday after a good NyQuil night's sleep and another dose of antihistamine. Today I didn't take anything and I feel kind of gross now that it is evening. Off to do the things and stuff. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks @KateNkognito. Life is so short sigh...

Yes, definitely enjoying the work from home thing. Hard to believe I have been home for over six months. :o

@melaniecheeks oh yes, I love a nice spicy soup! Enjoy! I also have Ireland on my bucket list. I am American by way of Ireland, England, Scotland, Whales, etc. :smiley: Would love to trace my roots and go back and see where my ancestors are from. Some day!

Officially moved my closet over last night. It went from summer to winter just like that. Next up is moving out the flip flops and sandals out for the closed toe shoes and booties. :)

Sticking to keto WOE today and weekly weigh in tomorrow AM. Have a great day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Ugh! Will this week never end?! Sticking to ADF and down another pound.

@Meghan509 I love diving in to my fall/winter wardrobe. I like my long sleeved clothes much more than my short sleeves. :)

Going to go read a book and get some sleep.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a nice day after a week of awfulness. Also saw a nice number on the scale this morning. I am hoping to be to the next lower decade by my birthday in a couple of weeks. I haven't been there in several years. It would be a nice present to myself.
    I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

I could have sworn I posted on Friday AM?! Ugh. Sorry about that... Anyway, I was down a pound this week and happy about it!

We spent time with family again on Saturday, before they left. It was nice. Had some non Keto friendly foods but we are back on track again. Just feel better when I do sugar free low carb, that is for sure.

Congratulations on your loss @KateNkognito! Yes, it is awesome when you fit in to your smaller clothing and it looks good too! :D Very happy for you! Glad you are happy with ADF.

I still have to move my shoes over from warmer weather to cooler weather shoes. Been wearing sneakers, so no need for boots or flats yet. :)

Regular keto week on tap here. Big glass of water on the table next to my coffee!

Have a great day and see you guys soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I survived Monday. I am actually starting to feel like I have my act together a little at work. Not a lot, but I don't totally feel like a fraud or like I am a disservice to the children. :# It is so beautiful out, too. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE fall?! :D

@Meghan509 Glad you had a nice weekend! And woo hoo for the loss! I totally get what you mean about feeling better when you eat right.

Well, I have a week's worth of homework that is due tomorrow at midnight, so I should probably get started on that...

Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Thanks @KateNkognito. Way to go at work! Probably takes time to get settled in. Hope you get all your homework done!

Things are good here. Sticking to my Keto WOE. Remote today but in the office tomorrow. Work has been pretty quiet. Fine by me. :)

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday was a feast day and I had quite a few calories left after dinner, so I had a bit of Halloween candy... I forgot how bad the heartburn is when I have too much sugar. :s
    Must go and do the homework. Professor isn't counting things late, but I don't want to take advantage too much.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

No worries, Kate! Halloween candy happens! Back on the wagon!

Things are good here. Busy but steady.

See you all soon!