OMAD - Why do you do it exactly?

Rannoch3908
Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
I am curious to hear from all you OMAD people out there.

Why exactly do you enjoy the OMAD plan for eating?

Are you simply not hungry earlier, do you think it has secret health benefits, etc?

I am never hungry in the morning but I eat a small breakfast anyway. I am normally not hungry till about 2-3pm in the afternoon but I eat a lunch just because if I don't I want to eat everything in site later. I am wondering if maybe I should give this OMAD thing a try.

- I would like to know if OMAD means literally eat all 2000 calories at one meal or say just between 4pm and 7pm.

- I assume since it's not a diet - just a way of eating - that it doesn't matter if say on the weekends you eat 3 meals a day right?

- What benefits does it give you (weight loss, health, hunger, energy, etc)?

- What downsides do you experience from eating OMAD?

Replies

• Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    For me, I’m just a person who enjoys big meals. That’s it. It’s easier for me to allow myself to eat one big meal rather than 3 smaller meals.

The main benefit I’ve seen is weight loss (because I’m eating less calories).
    The downside is that I do get hungry during the day.
    I do occasionally eat 2 or even 3 meals on the weekend if it’s a special occasion or something.
  • kbmichb
    kbmichb Posts: 21 Member
    It’s easier to eat without wanting to snack all day. Once I put food in my mouth I want more. I’m also doing carnivore and thinking of doing extending fasting.