Introductions!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the November 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK

Replies

• alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm here for my fourth month. Big thank you to Ranger Rick for organizing this.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi from Illinois! I joined this group last month for the first time! I am back here again for a second month. I will need it with holidays approaching and food can be tempting or we can get super busy and find excuses not to exercise. This group makes it pretty easy though since you set your own goals and finding at least 20 mins of exercise/activity isnt to hard.

@Mrs-Hoffer Welcome to the group! You are gonna love it and no confusion here and plenty of encouragement and motivation. Good luck to you!
  • openthegatekate
    openthegatekate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First month here and excited ! Based in the south west of England. Have got to stop seeing these high numbers on the scales...
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @mistykayp and @openthegate... Welcome to the group and good luck!
  • pedwa
    pedwa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I put on about 7kg during covid so keen to join!
    Also looking for an accountability buddy if anyone else is :)
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @pedwa Welcome to the group! I am always looking for people to help me stay accountable.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Second month going for UAC. I don't think I wrote anything in the introduction section in October. From Massachusetts, turned 59 this week. After years of yo-yoing, in May 2017, I had finally got my weight and exercise in order had been stable for a few years. Then bit by bit, life struck again. Covid just topped it all off.

Mid-Sept I was finally motivated to turn things around and it is working. October, I joined UAC, which has helped me most by reminding me to include daily activity. I even went out after dark a few days ago, just to make sure I did not forfeit another pass. Similarly, today, the day was getting away from me, I had not exercises and it had rained all day. I headed to the basement to the bike. My birthday walk was foiled and I did a step video. Anyhow, behavior like that is a huge change for me. Let's see how this goes for November. (I also am in 3 other overlapping Challenges as well.)

I still have not gotten any feedback from anyone regarding to use, or not use their exercise calories. I am really torn, and I would love to get others' thoughts, as I define my standards for my November UAC. Any thoughts?
  • loseitwithbee
    loseitwithbee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hiya! This will be my first month with UAC. My goal is to track everything I eat - something I usually don't do. I don't have a goal amount to lose for the month - I just want to drop the pounds!
  • ltopinka84
    ltopinka84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really need help with accountability so I’m giving this group a try!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @atarahkay and @Itopinka84 Welcome to the challenge! You are gonna love it!

@SModa61 I thought I had replied to your thread on extra calories, but I guess I didn't hit send. This is what I did in October. We both joined in the same month. The week before I started challenge I started logging my food and realizing I was running out of calories fast! First I traded my high calorie foods for lower and also replaced them with ones that filled me up longer. I also made sure I walked every day! When I started challenge I was still hungry at first and would use most of my exercise calories. I started doing longer walking times and drinking tons of water while doing it. The next week I found myself less hungry and started to only eat back half of my calories. The next week I made sure that I always had at least 400 calories from exercise that I didn't eat back. I also log my dinner in before I do my exercise. This way if I am really hungry and need more calories I can see how much I am in the negative and how long I need to be on that treadmill. Now I hardly eat back my exercise calories, but I have about 3-4 days a month where I am hungry and I need to eat them. You have to figure what works for you. but this way worked for me. Good luck to you this month!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    @atarahkay and @Itopinka84 Welcome to the challenge! You are gonna love it!

@SModa61 I thought I had replied to your thread on extra calories, but I guess I didn't hit send. This is what I did in October. We both joined in the same month. The week before I started challenge I started logging my food and realizing I was running out of calories fast! First I traded my high calorie foods for lower and also replaced them with ones that filled me up longer. I also made sure I walked every day! When I started challenge I was still hungry at first and would use most of my exercise calories. I started doing longer walking times and drinking tons of water while doing it. The next week I found myself less hungry and started to only eat back half of my calories. The next week I made sure that I always had at least 400 calories from exercise that I didn't eat back. I also log my dinner in before I do my exercise. This way if I am really hungry and need more calories I can see how much I am in the negative and how long I need to be on that treadmill. Now I hardly eat back my exercise calories, but I have about 3-4 days a month where I am hungry and I need to eat them. You have to figure what works for you. but this way worked for me. Good luck to you this month!

@ginadomaszewicz I love it! I like that you customized it. For the October, I did not find out what was "legal" for the challenge (I have since found it for November). I did all of October staying under my "goal", and not touching the exercise. There were certainly days, being able to cross slightly into the exercise might have been helpful. And also, might have prevented my one candy binge that once I ate the one piece, I had forfeited the day, so I proceeded to eat like 20 (just glad they were not full sized :p) I find your hunger timeline interesting as well. I am finding it easier at the end of the month, than I did at the beginning. Thanks so much for your insights. Here's to month #2 for us both!
  • GigiDoma
    Options
    @lillymaid86 Welcome to the challenge! I love Zumba! Dancing workouts are so much fun because you don't feel like you are working out!