6 days down, 164 to go!

3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Good morning All!
Hope you're all doing well and staying safe. As I sit here with the news on in the background, I'm reminded of why I've been making a very conscious effort to watch less of it. Not that I don't want to stay on top of current events, but I don't want to let it bog me down with negativity. I am trying to live a healthier and happier life, not a life filled with anxiety. Mental health is just as important as physical. Part of why I've put on so much weight in the last couple of years is because I wasn't addressing my depression and anxiety. I was watching too much news and spending way too much time on social media. Now MFP is my main social site and I only watch the news with my morning coffee. Although everything is shutting down here again due to Covid, I make sure I get out every day so I don't isolate too much. I go to parks and local trails where there are people, but at a distance. It gets me outside in nature and reminds me that I am still a part of the world. Eating more whole foods is also better for the brain than processed foods. I'm starting to pay closer attention to whether or not the foods I'm choosing are feeding me for fuel and health instead of using food to abate the hunger or cravings. I'm also seeing a counselor, which is turning out to be more helpful than I could've imagined. Anyway, sorry this got so long, I just wanted to encourage everyone to pay attention to your mental health as we take this journey towards weight loss. If you think along the lines of "I'll be happy when I lose weight", you might want to take a deeper look into what caused the weight gain to begin with. What changes can you make that will ensure you don't gain it back? How can you make it so this is the final time you have to make a weight loss goal? Just some things to think about :smile:

Today:
get fitted for new running shoes, run 3.5 (7min/1min)
some gentle yoga to stretch out my sore body
enjoy my ponies on what looks to be a very nice day
Feed my body and mind with whole foods, plant-based (WFPB)
Hydrate

Have a great day!
ks59fcc7x92d.png

Replies

• gallantria
    gallantria Posts: 54 Member
    Good morning!

Had a wonderful day yesterday and cooked dinner with my best friend since she's on this journey with me. We had some really delicious mexican cauliflower rice, black beans, and homemade salsa. I was surprised at how many calories are in the Costco Pork Tamales, but I had budgeted for it!

I go to the gym on MWF, so I'm heading to the gym tonight to work on arms/shoulders/chest and get in some cardio.

Goals for today:
    - Stay under calorie budget
    - Go to the gym
    - Drink 65oz of water
  • 3greyhorses
    @rayonrainbows I'm glad you're safe, but my heart aches for you and all of those suffering from damage <3
  • c_l_belle
    c_l_belle Posts: 36 Member
    @3greyhorses so true!!! I watched the news once on election day this year, that was all I could handle 😆😆 I'd much rather read something quickly than listen to a bunch of talking heads, though even reading about the state of the world can be kind of depressing..

Speaking of, my poor country of Nicaragua is truly suffering after 2 category 4/5 hurricanes in two weeks.. fortunately where I live is more southern, so we didn't get too much damage, just flooding. But it's a pretty sad state for this impoverished country :( I'm trying to see what I can do to fundraise and ...

Glad you're safe and sound @rayonrainbows
  • 3greyhorses
    @GabiV125 good for you for getting on the bike!
    What did you watch?
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Blacklist and then to lighten up, Travels with My Father
  • Stayed under again today and emotional walked/ listened to music rather than eating.
    Tomorrow's goals:
    - stay within calorie goal
    - Exercises for 30 minutes
    - think about something I love or am grateful for every time I feel irritable